Recomend a Good Web Hosting company thats less then 30 bucks a month

Recomend me a Good Web Hosting company thats less then 30 bucks a month. It must be windows hosting. It also should support asp.net and sql and have a sla of 99% or something
    Last edited by Sharewareisland; 08-27-2006 at 06:31 PM.

Search for ASP Hosting on google and you should get a bunch of answers.
    Kaumil P.

well i did that and they arent so good and there not ranked by being good. I want one that someone has used and likes

Quote Originally Posted by Sharewareisland
    well i did that and they arent so good and there not ranked by being good. I want one that someone has used and likes
    Each persons experience differs from the other. Most of the host's that advertise consistantly on Google are reputable and able to provide a good service. Reviews are often tainted, whether good or bad.
    Kaumil P.

Reviews are often tainted, whether good or bad.
    Tainted? They are subjective to certain degree, that's natural, but tainted? That's a very bold statement.

You should also realise that since you're a host yourself, your statement implies that most reviews about your own service, including the positive ones, are "tainted" in some way.

You must agree that "tainted" was definitely an unfortunate word choice.

Most of the host's that advertise consistantly on Google are reputable and able to provide a good service.
    Advertising on Google consistently only proves that a host has the money to pay for the ads, but it's not even a proof that they're profitable. It is definitely not a proof of reputability or service quality.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 08-27-2006 at 07:55 PM.

In addition to Dan's comments above, I'd also favor firms that have their own data centers or are ICANN accredited registrars as well as hosts. It demonstrates their commitment and capitalization, though it doesn't prove anything in and of itself, of course.

Businesses with a longer track record get my nod, as do those with 90% or higher positive reviews. If you look around their site and find a lot of useful information about their services, and if they have 24/7 support available, I'd be swayed even more. Toll-free support shows confidence, and though it's not necessary, it's a good sign.

Try their ticketing system, if you can, to see when your queries are answered and also how professionally you're dealt with (give them a break on weekends if you are making a sales inquiry though).
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    Tainted? They are subjective to certain degree, that's natural, but tainted? That's a very bold statement.

You should also realise that since you're a host yourself, your statement implies that most reviews about your own service, including the positive ones, are "tainted" in some way.

You must agree that "tainted" was definitely an unfortunate word choice.

Advertising on Google consistently only proves that a host has the money to pay for the ads, but it's not even a proof that they're profitable. It is definitely not a proof of reputability or service quality.
    No I don't think it's a "unfortunate" choice of a word. I think it's great. Reviews are useless. Each customer will experience a different outcome, depending on the knowledge level of the customer, the timing, the server you are placed on, and what others are doing with the server... along with so many other factors.

Many of the hosts here that have "bad reviews", I have had good experiences with. I guess you have to be in the hoster's and hostee's shoes to realize the full degree to how these reviews appear.
    Kaumil P.

Reviews are useless.
    Why have a testimonials page then? To confuse the customers? Just explain them that reviews are useless since experiences vary, and be done with the page.

Many of the hosts here that have "bad reviews", I have had good experiences with.
    This doesn't mean (most of) the negative reviews were unwarranted.

Now, it may very well be that a 10:1 bad to positive reviews ratio is, despite the obvious appearances, a sign of a decent host, but who in his right mind would draw that conclusion? There's a reason why all hosts publish positive reviews/testimonials on their site, because negative ones can't instill trust.

Now, since reviews are useless, do you actually pick your providers randomly, or just based on their claims?

I guess you have to be in the hoster's and hostee's shoes to realize the full degree to how these reviews appear.
    I am aware that some reviews are more or less fabricated, but to conclude that reviews are useless, is a bit too much for me to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by VP-Kaumil
    Each persons experience differs from the other. Most of the host's that advertise consistantly on Google are reputable and able to provide a good service. Reviews are often tainted, whether good or bad.

Well it should not differ cause either the company can keep the web site up and running or they cant.

Also they typically wont mention that when u want to sign up they they have an up time of 49%

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    Now, since reviews are useless, do you actually pick your providers randomly, or just based on their claims?
    For your general information, when selecting our datacenter, we didn't rely on any reviews. It's called touring and researching on your own, and taking the risk.

Well it should not differ cause either the company can keep the web site up and running or they cant.
    More or less, your shared hosting experience will vary provider to provider. Judging from my experience, while others may have the worst time in the world, you may have the best experience. For the most part, every host aims to provide the maximum uptime, it's in their best interest. Just keep in mind that more bad remarks are going to surface than the good ones but that doesn't make the host completely incompetent.

Best of luck finding your new host!
    Kaumil P.

There are lots of companies listed here that can meet your needs. Check the web links.

Chris
    Christopher J Smallwood
    Gay-Owned Web Hosting with 10% Donated to Youth!
    VertuHost Web Hosting Solutions

12. Quote Originally Posted by VertuHost
    There are lots of companies listed here that can meet your needs. Check the web links.

Chris
    I would like a referal from someone that has used the company and likes it

I liked Lunarpages.
    Christopher J Smallwood
    Gay-Owned Web Hosting with 10% Donated to Youth!
    VertuHost Web Hosting Solutions

I've used Brinkster way back when they used to have free hosting, they seemed ok, everything worked smoothly. GoDaddy also has ASP hosting if you have a very low budget, but don't expect any sort of fast load times from them -- they have very crowded servers -- its something I would only run very light ASP scripts on.

Good luck with your hunt, let me know if you have any questions as I've done a lot ASP/ ASP.NET before.

Also, be sure to test a host's support system, don't be afraid to ask questions -- and don't go too cheap on hosting. Make sure the host runs on IIS6/Windows 2003 Server as this gives very good performance benefits over IIS5/Windows 2000.

Everyone is always complaining about dreamhost.com but I haven't had any problems (yet) with dreamhost.com they have very reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by digital_delusion
    Everyone is always complaining about dreamhost.com but I haven't had any problems (yet) with dreamhost.com they have very reasonable prices.
    Hmm, it looks like dreamhost is just experimenting with the Windows platform...or maybe just a reseller of hosting.com?