Please, need someone advanced to help with a problem

Hey, I'm a dedicated server client of sago networks. I'm happy with their services, but thats irrelevant. Yesterday the hard drive to my dedicated that I order through them failed, and we were forced to install a fresh hard drive and reinstall cpanel/WHM on this new hd. They mounted my old hard drive (the one that failed), so I could access and retrieve data off of it and transfer it onto my new fresh primary one. The server is running CentOS 4.3, and I have to access the failed hard drive through SSH and unix commands to retrieve my data.

Now I'll be honest, I can manage and control a server with cpanel and webhostmanager, and i have basic knowledge of ssh and unix commands...but I've never had to actually retrieve data from a failed hard drive through something like SSH and this is beyond me.

the most important thing for me to retrieve is a MySQL database that was used for the vbulletin and vbulletin portal system that I was developing for my site. most of the other files i have backed up on my pc.

sago networks sent me this email:

Your old hard drive is /dev/hdd and is mounted as follows:
    /dev/hdd2 on /mnt/oldroot type ext3 (rw)
    /dev/hdd8 on /mnt/oldhome type ext3 (rw)
    /dev/hdd5 on /mnt/oldusr type ext3 (rw)
    /dev/hdd6 on /mnt/oldvar type ext3 (rw)

It will remain attached for at least 72 hours for you to retrieve your data.

and i've successfully made my way in SSH to these directories, but I'm uncertain how to go about retrieving the data once i've gotten there.

please any help on this matter is appreciated, if you can help reply here and we can talk on AIM MSN or Yahoo..or through emails. I greatly appreciate anyones help on this matter as this SQL Database is absolutely necessary for me to get my hands on, and I only have 72 hours to do it. Thanks again! Please help!

* Moved to Technical and Security Issues

I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

sorry i thought i posted that in the wrong forum. my apologies, thanks for the move.

You need to identify the exact file system that were mounted on the /dev/hddx and then copy them over to the new installed drive.

The following tutorial can help you. If you are not sure better hire a admin to do this for you.
    ESC :wq!

Kerala, India
    It is very easy if both are Cpanel servers.
    I tried to contact you over pm but you couldn't receive them.

Southwest UK
    Ah, new users discovering the joys of using WHT when you have a problem without contributing anything beforehand, *and* bumping a thread less than an hour old.

david510, why not post your solution here, or in a new thread in the tutorials section.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good.