Hi folks. I've been at this for what like seems forever, trying to find the right company or companies to help with this.
I have a very small web site company which I have been trying to grow but have had difficulties with finding a satisfactory situation as far as a server. I am also now wanting to have helpdesk support for my clients so they can get more timely response for server / hosting related hosting issues. Although I only have about 50 cPanel accounts right now, I have long since grown weary of anything less than a dedicated server for reliability and room-to-grow reasons. What I need could almost be described as simply a reseller account on my own server, but I have some additional needs listed below.
- Completely Redundant Power and Network Systems
- Not located near a coast
- True BGP
- 100 Mbps uplink
- Timely response to critical issues
- Dual Xeon / 1g RAM / 2 80g drives
- Linux / PHP / MySQL / etc.
(whatever version recommended and compatable with Xoops and Soho Launch)
Server Software / Management
- anti Virus
- anti Spam
- Other as you see fit to ensure to a reasonable extent
that we are not hacked or brought down by attacks
- Verified Restorable
- MySQL and Accounts
- Monitored To Ensure they Are Running and Running Completely
- Redundance (We have a server we bought and colocated which will be a sort of
'sister' server where they both run and also backup to each other)
- Handle DNS redundancy with dnsMadeEasy or similar service you
recommend / work with
- Handle backup/restore or synchronization of accounts and databases in such a
way that we never have more than one hour's downtime or one days' data
(currently using cPanel but open to recommendations)
- Well-established with broad user base
- Per Account Capabilities (And can Import from cPanel)
- Site Statistics
- E-Mail Setups (accounts, forwarders, auto-responsers, etc.)
- MySQL DB Setups
- Compatable with Soho Launch and Xoops
Billing / Sign Up Software
(currently considering ModernBill)
- Check domains
- Select options
- Set up account
- Handle setup and recurring billing
to handle user support of basic hosting / server issues and redirect other requests (content, design, programming, etc.) to me.
I hope it's clear what I'm asking for - not so much what software, etc., but I need at least 1 company, potentially 3 to handle server hardware, os, control panel and then the additional issue of 3rd party support.