Thread: Request

Request

Hello,

could you please add a reputation system please?

Regards
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

While I believe those systems work well for some communities, I don't believe it would work well here.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I do because new people will be able to recognize the people who are very helpful etc
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

In the case of WHT, the search features are a much better alternative than reputation. In a community where critical threads are commonplace and biases between members are part of everyday life and moderating responsibilities, reputation would greatly complicate things, and would most likely be very inaccurate.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by DanMB
    I do because new people will be able to recognize the people who are very helpful etc
    Do you mean this reputation system?

I'd be very concerned about it being abused. That problem can happen on any forum, but especially on one where members offering the same services post. Have you observed how vultures descend on threads bashing a host with condolences, criticisms, and loud signatures? I suspect that that type of member would rate their competition badly whenever they could.

Even on a personal level, some members are quite popular with others, while some other members don't like those members at all. That's personal preference. Why turn it into a rating system?

If it could be used only to show who is helpful, that would be good. Then again, that's easy to figure out on your own in a short time. I remember I did when I was new.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by writespeak
    Even on a personal level, some members are quite popular with others, while some other members don't like those members at all. That's personal preference. Why turn it into a rating system?
    Couldnt have said it better myself (incidentally, which is why I didn't.....). I think it would turn in to more of a popularity system than anything else.

The SEARCH tool is the best reputation system around!

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.