Advertising at SitePoint forums...effective?

I am thinking of advertising at SitePointForums.com. They say it is from $750-$2000 depending on what section you want your ad veiwed in. Has anyone here advertised with them, if so did it get you many customers? Thanks.

I know that McHost is a big advertiser there. I have also thought about running an ad there too. Andyc

Sorry, this is a bit OT (actually very OT), and I do mod over at FWS (disclaimer), however I know Peo has been looking for advertisers at http://www.freewebspace.net/forums (and the main site) and I don't think it runs near that high (worth a short). Yes, the site is about free web space however they have paid forum sections, etc., and less hosts there (on the forums and more people who use hosting > ratio at least I think) so it might be good for a lower priced host.

Don't know much about SP, sorry...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Chicken is right [OT ]. We ourselves have been one of the sponsors at FWS and it was a good campaign, and we will be doing it again soon. [now where did Peo's email address go, hmmmmm]

SPF ad campaigns are very effective from what I have heard. Many of the advertisors there roam these forums [WHT], you can try pming them with any questions you might have.

Originally posted by Chicken
    Sorry, this is a bit OT (actually very OT), and I do mod over at FWS (disclaimer), however I know Peo has been looking for advertisers at http://www.freewebspace.net/forums (and the main site) and I don't think it runs near that high (worth a short). Yes, the site is about free web space however they have paid forum sections, etc., and less hosts there (on the forums and more people who use hosting > ratio at least I think) so it might be good for a lower priced host.

Don't know much about SP, sorry...
    -Zain-
    You should have received an email, letter or a pm from me by now if you were a client of InfoDoma or related to it. If not, let me know via pm.Thanks.

I think Peo's address is Peo @ freewebspace.net (you'd think I'd know this...).

/OT Sorry again...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

freewebspace @ freewebspace.net will reach him.

Cheers

Gary

I am starting the 15th at SitePointForums.com. I will let you know the results.

I wouldn't advertise on the SitePointForums. Have you figured out how much traffic to expect from them?

Why wouldn't you advertise on SitePointForums?
    -Zain-
    You should have received an email, letter or a pm from me by now if you were a client of InfoDoma or related to it. If not, let me know via pm.Thanks.

I think sitepointforums is a really one of the best places to advertise if you are a hosting company. There are users there who are developing scripts, designs, and various other things. Hosting is an essential part of all those things... I might go ahead and advertise on sitepointforums as well...
    Nirav S. - nirav@pulsehost.com
    Administrator
    Pulse Host - Advanced Hosting Solutions
    http://www.pulsehost.com

Originally posted by InfoDoma
    Why wouldn't you advertise on SitePointForums?
    I just don't like advertising in forums generally. The impressions to unique users ratio is just way too high. A typical user will generate upwards of 20-50 page views per day, refreshing, replying, etc. I'd much rather spend my $ on sites where there's lot more unique users generating the same amount of impressions.

Shallow I like. Community and stickiness I don't... Ok flame me people.

Originally posted by Skeptical

....Ok flame me people.
    hehe, ok..no problem

Skeptical
    lol

The prices are quite high, but the traffic is as targeted as it gets, so if you got the money, I would recommend running a campaign - they also help you with the creatives, so it turns out to be quite good looking.

Good luck
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

I think if you advertise on SitePoint you should offer some sort of reseller or dedicated plan.

Most of the visitors are web designers / developers who develop sites for many customers.

I know MCHost has been advertising there for a while now and it seems to be doing pretty well for them.
    beley

HostSearch.com is the best and most targeted advertising you can get; if you dont mind spending $35-$75 CPM. Which I might add, is one of the most outragious figures I have ever heard. But as long as advertisers continue to support them, nothing will change. So as said, if you have a large budget, I am sure the HostSearch advertising will be more then effective. If you dont try sponsoring small hosting forums and directories for a flat monthly rate.

I wouldn't recommend advertising on HostSearch ...its pretty much a waste of $$$.
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Its not as outrageous as the $250/cpm for an advert in a showcase on tophosts.