Thread: Why??????????

Why??????????

Did I just spend 10 minutes writing a detailed post about hosting and have it shot down and lost because I used a smiley?????

Why????????????????

Always backup your posts before hitting post.

Maybe because you used too many question marks. I hear that the WHT sql database spontaneously combusts if you use too many question marks in a post.

Actually, when I hit go, it informed me I couldn't use links or smileys for my first 5 posts. I kinda lost it when I went back and the dialogue box went white. I made another very short post absent such things...but I probably didn't get my point across well as I was looking through bloodshot eyes while rewriting. (At this point I would include some sort of joking smiley, but I can't) Is this a homeland security associated site? BIG SMILE, thank you.

Use firefox. Firefox doesnt do that. Ever.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Hmm.. WHT restrict user to post smiley,links and PM also.... and you can use it after crossing 5 post. This has been explained in WHT forum rules while signingup

You must make five (5) posts before allowed by the system to include a URL in their posts. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled.
    You must make five (5) posts before utilizing the PM and system e-mail features. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by besty
    Hmm.. WHT restrict user to post smiley,links and PM also.... and you can use it after crossing 5 post. This has been explained in WHT forum rules while signingup
    Right. Restricting smileys isn't our goal, but to prevent links in the first 5 posts, vB code isn't allowed in them. That includes smileys.

But 5 isn't very many. Get involved in discussions, and you'll be able to and in a short time.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

Yup.

I was venting. Until the next post told me to back up my posts, and I almost busted a gut. Then life was easy again.

So.......does this qualify as a substantive post? I don't want to circumvent the implied intention. (Smiley needed here.)

Quote Originally Posted by stevesmitty79
    so.......does this qualify as a substantive post? I don't want to circumvent the implied intention. (Smiley needed here.)
    heh, no worries there. You're doing better than most.... There is always the lounge where you can find 100's of threads to contribute in if you need a larger post count. Good luck with your host search!
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesmitty79
    (Smiley needed here. )

^^ there u go mate.
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !