Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1

    datapacket.net reviews needed?

    Hi Friends,

    I am in search for a good hosting provider for my reseller account....and came across datapacket but not have heard about it much. so, please can you all share your experience about it whether it is good joining them or not?

    datapacket.net

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    wouldn't recommend them.
    Read this
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=542117

  3. #3
    Use the search feature and you will find many unpleasant results.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,239
    after reading on this forum, datapacket seem to scam people for their money! Highly recommend looking around for another hosting company.

    Maybe open another thread on the forum with subject something like "recommend me a windows/helm host" etc (assuming thats what your looking for if looking at datapacket).
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5
    The only people complaining about DataPacket are those that abused the service.

    DataPacket has provided proof of this fact for years, only to be ignored and has also provided very clear rebuttals and facts in the last couple of complaints on this board.

    Choosing to ignore the facts is up to you. DataPacket provides excellent services and takes a gamble on low cost clients that otherwise would have no hosting or hosting with little to no features. There is very little room for complaints.

    It’s just a shame that the low pricing attracts a lot of abuse/misuse and the competitors and certain moderators “knowing” the posts are false and malicious continue to use them as a marketing tool for their own services and continue the malicious bashing of DataPacket for their personal satisfaction instead of doing what’s right.

    By the way we just terminated someone from India for email spamming, guess they will be here next to continue the bashing…

    I understand what happened yesterday was entriely a big mistake on my part.
    And I really applogize on all teh teams behalf that this will not happen again. I AM REAL SORRY. Please understand this. You can sure close my account anytime if you feel that I do this again. Please understand this.”

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by ta4ew5
    The only people complaining about DataPacket are those that abused the service.

    DataPacket has provided proof of this fact for years, only to be ignored and has also provided very clear rebuttals and facts in the last couple of complaints on this board.

    Choosing to ignore the facts is up to you. DataPacket provides excellent services and takes a gamble on low cost clients that otherwise would have no hosting or hosting with little to no features. There is very little room for complaints.

    It’s just a shame that the low pricing attracts a lot of abuse/misuse and the competitors and certain moderators “knowing” the posts are false and malicious continue to use them as a marketing tool for their own services and continue the malicious bashing of DataPacket for their personal satisfaction instead of doing what’s right.

    By the way we just terminated someone from India for email spamming, guess they will be here next to continue the bashing…

    I understand what happened yesterday was entriely a big mistake on my part.
    And I really applogize on all teh teams behalf that this will not happen again. I AM REAL SORRY. Please understand this. You can sure close my account anytime if you feel that I do this again. Please understand this.”
    first poster? assume you are datapacket??? Dont be affraid to tell :p
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5
    Get your facts straight. Afraid, that would be Dennis. He banned DataPacket because we pointed out the truth about this board and some of its users.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    So you are speaking on behalf of datapacket?

    Quote Originally Posted by ta4ew5
    Get your facts straight. Afraid, that would be Dennis. He banned DataPacket because we pointed out the truth about this board and some of its users.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5
    Yes, for the time being. In your post bashing DataPacket you forgot to mention you run content sites with a sole purpose of search engine spam, link farms and trying to profit off of adwords. This is objectionable and we will not host sites like this on our shared servers as explained to you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by ta4ew5
    DataPacket has provided proof of this fact for years, only to be ignored and has also provided very clear rebuttals and facts in the last couple of complaints on this board.


    I'm taking this personal. If you're someone from datapacket, I'd demand some facts right now. I do not spam your servers. I host smallish sites running on access databases on a reseller account. And I got terminated without warning. And no one bothered to reply my email messages. If you have facts, dish them out now, instead of avoiding the issue. I'm no longer expecting anything from datapacket at this point.
    Choosing to ignore the facts is up to you. DataPacket provides excellent services and takes a gamble on low cost clients that otherwise would have no hosting or hosting with little to no features. There is very little room for complaints.


    I think it's the other way round. I took a gamble, thinking that datapacket may have to chance to provide some good service and signed up. For the 3 months or so that I'm with datapacket, the servers keep going down, saying that there's some thread overloading issue. The emails are up and down as well. I kept tolerating the service, thinking that datapacket may be going through some growing pains. Instead, this is how I'm repaid. Terminated without warning.

    It’s just a shame that the low pricing attracts a lot of abuse/misuse and the competitors and certain moderators “knowing” the posts are false and malicious continue to use them as a marketing tool for their own services and continue the malicious bashing of DataPacket for their personal satisfaction instead of doing what’s right.

    By the way we just terminated someone from India for email spamming, guess they will be here next to continue the bashing…

    I understand what happened yesterday was entriely a big mistake on my part.
    And I really applogize on all teh teams behalf that this will not happen again. I AM REAL SORRY. Please understand this. You can sure close my account anytime if you feel that I do this again. Please understand this.”
    Finally, I think I would have accepted this:
    A) Termination (Datapacket has every right to determine who is abusing their server)
    B) Serve at least an email notice that the account has been terminated because...

    Instead, datapacket choose to do (A) and forget all about (B).
    It appears that they are actually happy to see their clients hurt.
    That's completely crap. Here's the reality. Datapacket doesn't know
    how to keep their promises while keeping the packages at such low
    prices. As a result, they start terminating accounts that start utilizing server resources. Bottom line, they can't deliver.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5
    I’m not going to argue with you. I have provided the facts. We closed your account because of search engine spam and issued a refund for your last payment. We have done what’s best for our company and other clients sharing the same server.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    Ok, I take you at your word then.
    I run a network of sites with adsense on them. I work with 4 different hosting companies now, none of them find my content objectionable. In fact, I'm one of their easiest customers.

    So everyone, hear datapacket. No running of sites with adsense.
    I do not run link farms. I make sites with good solid content, running adsense on it. Here's an example:

    http://bmw.sgbroadbandhosting.com

    Let the customers judge for themselves. What's wrong with this site? How much bandwidth can they consume? I run many of them. All other hosts have no problems. Heck, if I'm not making money with my sites, why would I even bother upgrading? Are you guys out of your mind or just plain stupid?

    That's why I say, if it's out of your business parameters to object for sites like this, why don't you contact me or respond to my email messages?
    Instead, terminating the account without warning, then coming to the forum to defend coz you see me bashing your company? Actually, I wouldn't even call it bashing. It's just nice to let other people know that there are indeed such silly companies around.

    I am actually waiting for the servers to stabilise before going further (upgrading my accounts, referring more business). I refer lots of customers to my current hosting companies, everyone, except datapacket. Firstly, their servers are unstable. Now they've given me an unforgivable reason, they won't refrain from hurting their customers.

    Quote Originally Posted by ta4ew5
    Yes, for the time being. In your post bashing DataPacket you forgot to mention you run content sites with a sole purpose of search engine spam, link farms and trying to profit off of adwords. This is objectionable and we will not host sites like this on our shared servers as explained to you.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    Ok that's fine.
    I'm way over datapacket now.
    Please provide the refund transaction ID here, knowing that you're not going to respond to emails.
    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by ta4ew5
    I’m not going to argue with you. I have provided the facts. We closed your account because of search engine spam and issued a refund for your last payment. We have done what’s best for our company and other clients sharing the same server.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5
    When the “sole purpose” of the sites are to run adsense and then you use hundreds of sub domains and .biz/.info domains including making link farms from some of the top level domains, it is only one thing “search engine spam”, and we will not host these types of sites.

    You may not appreciate our efforts, but innocent clients will.

    A credit for the amount of $9.99 has been applied to order number172.30.184.56-10D15E982C0-15C929A-D381E

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    I'm sure they will.
    I run 100+ to be more precise, of such small sites.
    Honestly, although it doesn't serve a purpose, what's wrong with running sites from subdomains? I just listed one in my previous post as an example.
    You advertise your services as unlimited domains, unlimited subdomains, and when your servers can't take it, you close the account.

    It's thoughtful of you to think of other innocent clients. I'm just pissed at losing tons of data because of your inconsiderate action. Back to the same question, "Why couldn't you just send a simple email to let me backup the data?!?"

    There was no ill intent to harm your servers by loading those sites. I don't spam. If the servers can't take it, just let me know. Don't you guys monitor the damn thing? It wouldn't have come to this if someone has replied to my emails. You have no idea how much work have gone into those sites. This is just wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by ta4ew5
    When the “sole purpose” of the sites are to run adsense and then you use hundreds of sub domains and .biz/.info domains including making link farms from some of the top level domains, it is only one thing “search engine spam”, and we will not host these types of sites.

    You may not appreciate our efforts, but innocent clients will.

    A credit for the amount of $9.99 has been applied to order number172.30.184.56-10D15E982C0-15C929A-D381E

  16. #16
    I assumed you would try the servers couldn’t handle it or unlimited stuff. If you feel that way, so be it. The “facts” are we have plenty of servers/bandwidth and we are perhaps in the top 5 of the worlds largest Helm shared providers based on servers/clients.

    Your account was closed because of search engine spamming, not any type of resource usage abuse.

    To the moderator who enabled this account, thank you.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    That wasn't even close to what I'm saying Brain.
    Lots of brawn in your approach but totally brainless.
    I'm not going to go into an argument with you about search engine spamming.
    Ask you a question, why would you even disapprove an account becoz of search engine spamming if you are doing good business?
    Acting noble huh?

    And your reply is downright proof that I'm better off without you guys. That's tantamount to saying "I'm big, so I don't care about you peanuts". Also, I think you'd be making a lot of enemies here, because I personally know many of shared HELM providers around these parts, and they easily beat you guys. And you are claiming you are top 5 without any proof?

    And finally, you keep dodging the question, "WHY THE HECK DIDN'T YOU INFORM ME?"

    Quote Originally Posted by bbennett
    I assumed you would try the servers couldn’t handle it or unlimited stuff. If you feel that way, so be it. The “facts” are we have plenty of servers/bandwidth and we are perhaps in the top 5 of the worlds largest Helm shared providers based on servers/clients.

    Your account was closed because of search engine spamming, not any type of resource usage abuse.

    To the moderator who enabled this account, thank you.
    Last edited by projectw3; 08-25-2006 at 06:39 PM.

  18. #18
    If you wish to engage in a discussion with me, it needs to stay at a mature level. It will stop when you stoop to childish name calling and twisting words to suit your needs.

    I mentioned our size to disprove your point that we can’t handle the usage. Such an assertion is harmful to a company and in this case ignorant.

    We take the attitude of we need to protect our clients and our company. We have invested heavily in our services and will not allow any client to ruin it. This is called responsibility for our clients and our business. Innocent clients will always win over abusive clients. From day one, if you abuse our services your account will be closed.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    Why are you contradicting yourself? You say that the sites are not abusive on server resources. Then you say the sites are ruining other clients. Honestly, I really don't see how.

    Well, obviously I don't need you guys anymore.
    At this stage everyone can see how you treat and manage someone who pays you for a service. Call it word twisting if you wish. To me, it's just you ignoring the facts, refusing to stand up to reality and admit that you made a mistake. And that is hurting your clients intentionally. That's just black hearted. And now you have to rub it in with more posts trying futilely to defend yourself.

    And you continue to make your dodging moves...lol
    Pathetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbennett
    If you wish to engage in a discussion with me, it needs to stay at a mature level. It will stop when you stoop to childish name calling and twisting words to suit your needs.

    I mentioned our size to disprove your point that we can’t handle the usage. Such an assertion is harmful to a company and in this case ignorant.

    We take the attitude of we need to protect our clients and our company. We have invested heavily in our services and will not allow any client to ruin it. This is called responsibility for our clients and our business. Innocent clients will always win over abusive clients. From day one, if you abuse our services your account will be closed.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    Here, if it's so difficult for you, let me do it for you.

    Email start:

    Dear member,

    Sorry to inform you that we have suspended your account as it has come to our attention that your sites violate our terms

    a)
    b)
    c)

    To protect the interests of our clients, we have no choice but to suspend the account. We have refunded your payment (transaction ID). Thank you for your understanding.

    Best regards,
    Datapacket.net

    Email end

    There, wasn't so difficult was it.
    Took me exactly 2 mins.

  21. #21
    Search engine spamming can cause a multitude of issues, which then would have an effect on other clients sharing the same server. Much like a spammer using our SMTP servers and causing them to be blacklisted, it causes problems for other clients.

    Its something we simply won’t allow to happen and we are proactive towards all types of abuse.

    In cases of abuse, we take action and the client must then contact us. While not popular that is how we run our services. We mitigate our time spent on abusive clients and spend that time helping other clients.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    You keep saying about search engine spamming being abusive.
    Let's just keep it at that. Everyone here sees my example listed in my previous posts. Let them be the judge whether the site is considered spam or not. If using sub domains is considered a search engine spam, then I strongly doubt the technical capability and knowledge of the person running this outfit.
    So if anyone ever run a similar site, just remember this thread.

    Well 2mins to write an email, compared to participating in this thread, i don't see how you measure time. This thread wouldn't even have existed if that email has gone out in the first place. And I did reply not once but twice.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbennett
    Search engine spamming can cause a multitude of issues, which then would have an effect on other clients sharing the same server. Much like a spammer using our SMTP servers and causing them to be blacklisted, it causes problems for other clients.

    Its something we simply won’t allow to happen and we are proactive towards all types of abuse.

    In cases of abuse, we take action and the client must then contact us. While not popular that is how we run our services. We mitigate our time spent on abusive clients and spend that time helping other clients.
    Last edited by projectw3; 08-25-2006 at 07:10 PM.

  23. #23
    If it were only that easy. In cases of abuse we must spend time stopping the abuse, make a detailed log of the abuse, respond to our partners if involved, refund the transaction if the abuse warrants, etc... All of which take about 30 minutes per issue.

    Clients will receive a notice from us if/when the transaction is refunded and once we have had time to deal with the issue, most open a ticket before we can deal with it.

    Unfortunately some users get ahead of us and want an answer instantly, which is not feasible.

    I see you opened a ticket and Jon was helping you, but instead of being patient you started this thread. So we were in contact with you despite you assertion that were not.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36
    Wow you need 30 minutes to do all that?
    Then it must be taking you guys 24/7, considering you claiming the large number of clients that you had, and considering that you suddenly have so many abusive clients.
    So sorry that I require your attention in this thread. I think if you consider sub domains to be search engine spam, then I think 24/7 isn't enough. Simply because 1) you have to look up more info on the term search engine spamming and 2) you are off suspending more clients, spending 30 mins on each.

    Damn, with all that time gone, no wonder the servers are down so often.
    err,..by the way, you said Jon was helping me? And you said 30 mins?
    Well, I waited more than 36hrs, nothing. Must be many more 30 mins taking up your time huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by bbennett
    If it were only that easy. In cases of abuse we must spend time stopping the abuse, make a detailed log of the abuse, respond to our partners if involved, refund the transaction if the abuse warrants, etc... All of which take about 30 minutes per issue.

    Clients will receive a notice from us if/when the transaction is refunded and once we have had time to deal with the issue, most open a ticket before we can deal with it.

    Unfortunately some users get ahead of us and want an answer instantly, which is not feasible.

    I see you opened a ticket and Jon was helping you, but instead of being patient you started this thread. So we were in contact with you despite you assertion that were not.
    Last edited by projectw3; 08-25-2006 at 07:21 PM.

  25. #25
    I have tried to explain the situation the best I can for you. I don’t expect you to understand how harmful abuse can be and the problems it can cause for a hosting company, suppliers and users. Sure it only takes 2 minutes …

    I understand you don’t see it as search engine spam and the example included is not all that great, because you had several top level domains creating a link farm. Obviously we disagree and will have to leave it at that.

    All too often we get clients that signup and feel they can do whatever they want for their $5, not thinking about the consequences and etiquette for shared services. I feel you really need your own dedicated servers for your sites.

    Best regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •