View Poll Results: Do you think names offered for sale here should be related to the industry somehow?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 41.67%
  • No

7 58.33%

Opinions on domain name sales.

I'm not trying to single anyone out here but what does everyone think about all of the domain name selling in the Related Offers and Request Forum?

Should a domain name have to be related to the industry somehow to be listed there or will simply the fact that it's a domain name count?

If your looking to sell an odd spelling of someone's name or something else not related to hosting that's fine, but there are entire forums dedicated to these things (dnforums.com for one) ... why clutter this one?

In my personal opinion I think they should be related or at least be something that could be viable for a related development (something good to start a search engine on for example) but some of these I see seem to be a bit much.

Like I said I'm not trying to single out any one person here, but what's the general consensus. Am I alone in thinking that names should be related somehow?
    Andrew Lee, President
    Bravo Communications LLC
    http://www.BravoCommunications.net
    "Talk is Cheap. Free Speech Isn't."

Domain names should be related to web hosting, but allowing people to offer any domain name doesn't really matter... it makes it a larger community. Don't forget that people here don't just run a web hosting company, there are loads of people who are consumers who have websites related to all different things, they might have come here to look for a hosting package, and so they may be interested in a domain name related to whatever they do.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

It depends, as has been previously mentioned webhosts may not just run hosting companies, i for one have a variety of sites as i am also a websdesigner, i have travel sites, personal sites, design sites etc as well as my company.
    Don't forget people also use this forum when looking for hosting and they may not yet have the domain name they want.

I think the domain offered here for web hosting realted will get more attention then general names.

Because i think most of people here are web hosts and there are lots of other domain name services available which offers domain names sales and auctions.

Just my $0.02...
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Re: Opinions on domain name sales.

Originally posted by BravoComm
    I'm not trying to single anyone out here but what does everyone think about all of the domain name selling in the Related Offers and Request Forum?

Should a domain name have to be related to the industry somehow to be listed there or will simply the fact that it's a domain name count?
    Well, you could make the same argument about anything sold in Related Offers. People sell site templates, for example, that aren't necessarily related to hosting, solicit traffic for their own forums, sell scripts, etc.

Maybe there should be an Unrelated Offers and Requests Forum.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.