Post count not right

I joined WHT last night, and have posted 8 times... this now being my ninth. For some reason, my post count only shows 2. Just wondering if it will eventually catch up, or if there's an issue.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm gonna have to take a guess and say that posts in the Social Issues forum do not count towards a users post count. Hopefully someone else can confirm this for you late though.
    Steve
      0 Not allowed!

Probably a good call, Steve. Thank you.

I just looked, and 6 out of 9 posts are in Social Issues. 6 out of 10 as of this post, so I bet now it'll show four.

Edit: Yup, now it's four.
      0 Not allowed!

this is vbulletin, so any admin could simply have set it for no count at some sections , count doesnt matter anyway, yet for a webhosting forum, its more likely your posts "that count" are hosting related , leaving social issues and such out.
    POINTLeb Hosting Lebanese Hosting for the Middle East
    The fact that no one understands you , does not make you an artist
    Mo Ghaoui's Personal Blog
      0 Not allowed!

Both sub-forums of The Lounge have post counts disabled.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    Just curious as to why??

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).
      0 Not allowed!

time for me to tweak my post-count strategy
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    Just curious as to why??
    I can understand the welcome subforum having posts not count, but not sure I understand the logic behind the Social issues forum not counting posts.

Maybe the Social issues forum is a lesser forum, and not considered as contributing to the overall community? Just my guess.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    Maybe the Social issues forum is a lesser forum, and not considered as contributing to the overall community? Just my guess.
    Oh it contributes, just not in a very positive way

Doesn't both me either way, post count or no.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PixelManual
    Oh it contributes, just not in a very positive way
    LOL... I'm glad it's there though. It's tougher telling my own friends on my forum when they're being political dummies.
      0 Not allowed!

I can understand the welcome subforum having posts not count, but not sure I understand the logic behind the Social issues forum not counting posts.

I am curious of that also... interesting.. any comment WHT mods?
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RealtorHost
    I am curious of that also... interesting.. any comment WHT mods?
    There's actually a method in our madness The controversial threads seemed to attract a few who zoomed into such threads and caused a ruckous, eventually getting the thread closed or tossed. By creating a separate forum and having 0 count in that forum we figured that the "trolls" would be less inclined to take the threads to a point of no return. It appears to have worked as we get very few reported posts from that area now

It was either that or disallow controversial threads altogether
      0 Not allowed!

It was a good move to setup a Social forum. The time had come for that, and it's worked out good so far, from what I can see. Not sure if there should be posts counted there or not. I don't think folks who post there do so to get a higher post count, but I could be wrong. It's been known to happen.
      0 Not allowed!

I like the 'no post count' policy for those forums. Very good logic-based decision. I wasn't even aware it was there until yesterday, but I have noticed a decrease in the number of hostile threads in the Lounge. Thanks!

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    I wasn't even aware it was there until yesterday, but I have noticed a decrease in the number of hostile threads in the Lounge.
    --Tina
    Heh... you mean there used to be more? Things get a little heated in there as it is.
      0 Not allowed!

Just to tack on -- ever since people realized their post count doesn't increase while in the socials issues forum, it's died down! I've noticed some of those who posted a fair few everyday not showing up anymore.

Good choice mods.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PixelManual
    Just to tack on -- ever since people realized their post count doesn't increase while in the socials issues forum, it's died down! I've noticed some of those who posted a fair few everyday not showing up anymore.

Good choice mods.
    Don't assume that someone taking a few days break from the Social forum, means they're not posting there anymore due to posts not being counted. Maybe they're just having a break from that forum? It's a depressing forum, IMO.

The Social forum's only been running for about a month, so it's too early to start drawing statistical conlusions. Forums like that tend to be a tad hot and cold, depending what's happening in the world. It was fever hot during the Isrealie attack on the hezzies, and now it's calmed down, as that conflict has calmed down.
      0 Not allowed!

The forum was created at the height of the hez attacks It was either toss the lot or make a place for them to be discussed. It used to be almost a full time job monitoring the reports that came in once they got heated. Now we are "lucky" to get one in a week
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    . . . It used to be almost a full time job monitoring the reports that came in once they got heated. Now we are "lucky" to get one in a week
    Why do you think that is? Are the mods modding a little looser in the Social forum, than if the threads were in the Lounge?
      0 Not allowed!

Why do you think that is? Are the mods modding a little looser in the Social forum, than if the threads were in the Lounge?
    It may have more to do with members who are easily offended not visiting that forum. The forum description reads:
    Social Issues
    This forum is for discussion of Religious, political, and other social issues. The forum rules apply in this forum too. For complete guidelines in using the Religious, Political, Etc. forum, please read this announcement.
    The referenced announcement reads"
    Must read before posting

This forum is for discussion of religious, political, and other social issues. The forum rules apply in this forum too. However, if you're easily offended by discussions involving countries or ideals, this may not be the forum for you.

Here's an expansion of the "Be polite" rule:
    • Do not insult other members by calling them names or putting them down in any way.
    • Respect other people's rights to their opinions even if you don't agree with them. Do not criticize people for having opinions that you don't share.
    • If you disagree about facts, politely present the facts as you see them and back them up if possible.
    If threads turn unpleasant, we will close them. If some members can't post politely, we will ban them from threads and from the forum if necessary. Be polite.
    If those that are "easily offended" do not visit that category, it could be a reason for fewer reports.

Of course, that's only speculation as well.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

It may have more to do with members who are easily offended not visiting that forum. The forum description reads:The referenced announcement reads"If those that are "easily offended" do not visit that category, it could be a reason for fewer reports.

Of course, that's only speculation as well.
    Aye, you could be right.
      0 Not allowed!