Thread: Foreign host??

Foreign host??

Hi,

I would like to know something from you. Would you sign-up with a company which is established in another country?

i.e you're in the US but the host you like is in Europe (but their servers are in US). Or you're in Europe but your host is the US.

Do you mind signing-up with a foreign company or do you prefer a company in your own country?

Thnx!

Oops wrong section..!!

I wouldn't mind, as long as the host is good.

Im in the UK and use companies who's servers are in the USA

If they are honest, sincere and responsive, and offer a good package that suits my needs, yes.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

my opinion:

the most important things is for a webhost company that really provide a 24X7 support ... try to abuse them in few days time to find out whether they are responsive with their phone support ... try to do it during off-peak hour ....

and dont even bother to search for a webhost company which do not offer a phone support ...

Originally posted by swijaya0101
    and dont even bother to search for a webhost company which do not offer a phone support ...
    LOL.

Phone support should only be used in real emergencies. For instance, if your site is down. This is one of the reasons we have delayed phone support. In my opinion, phone support is inferior to live chat. With chat you can transport people around the site, copy and paste user/passes easily and a ticket system will track a problem to completion. Half the time a phone call can't resolve an issue so a ticket has to be opened anyway.

We will offer and advertise phone support soon, but their will be strict guidelines.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

legal options?

This may be alittle Off Topic, but I was curious what legal recourses a person has if they are doing business with a company in another country.

Lets say I am hosting with "ZYXhosting"

ZYXHosting is based in the UK, but I am in the US. Now lets say ZYXHosting for some unforeseen reason goes bad. Do I still have the same rights and abilities that I would have if I was working with an US based company? Things like CreditCard Disputes and Court of Law issues come to mind.

Disclaimers:
    1. ZYXHosting name made up...I don't know if they exist. My most sincere apologies if they do.
    2. I think UK Hosts are great, I was just using it as an example.

My apologies again if this is wandering Off Topic.

- Jason.

Re: Foreign host??

Originally posted by Luminance
    Hi,

I would like to know something from you. Would you sign-up with a company which is established in another country?

i.e you're in the US but the host you like is in Europe (but their servers are in US). Or you're in Europe but your host is the US.

Do you mind signing-up with a foreign company or do you prefer a company in your own country?

Thnx!
    I am in Singapore, yet 2 of my web host is in UK and US...