Infinology Managed Hosting is making dreams come true.

Product Research. We will be offer SERVERS made just of WHT Demand.. So you need to tell us what you want in a server. Would you buy:

--------Server 1 ------------
    Shared Dual Intel Celeron 1.3GHz
    2,000 MB RAM
    256k OBC - 100MHz FSB
    5 GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    5 GB Monthly Transfer
    Webmin Control Panel, SSH Access.
    UNLIMITED DOMAINS

Number of Shared Users? As many as harddrive will allow.
    $50 Setup + $40/month
    $50 Setup + $10/month (Yearly Payment)

If not.. What would we have to offer for you to buy it? Please be realistic.

Infinology is making dreams come true.

--------Server 2 ------------
    2,000 MB RAM
    256k OBC - 100MHz FSB
    1 GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    1 GB Monthly Transfer
    HSPHERE, NO SSH ACCESS.
    Unlimited # of Domains

Number of Shared Users? As many as harddrive will allow.
    $50 Setup $20/month
    $50 Setup $5/month (Yearly)

If not.. What would we have to offer for you to buy it? Please be realistic.

Would you buy Server 1, or Server 2... If not what would it take to get you to buy it?... even if you dont need it.. what would it take for you to buy it..(Dont say something like give it free, please be realistic. We are really going to offer a server line just for WHT. So.. it is time for you to tell us what you want. )

What is your concern? You need more bandwidht? More Space? More CPU? Less Money? and how much will you spend?

Thank you for all your input. We hope to put together a server for WHT's Demand by NEXT Week.

------------------

Please help us find a product that EVERYONE WILL BUY. A product so CHEAP, SO GOOD, that everyone will buy. Thank You.
    Last edited by Infinology; 06-09-2002 at 05:54 AM.

You know this is going to get moved to the ad section where it belongs right?
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Yes, I tried making a post in the other section but it there was an error with the POLL when I tried to modify it. Please answer the question in the ad.

I would also like to see if web hosting people would want to buy this server.

Again. We are looking to come up with a product.. (Server) ... So good.. a deal so good that everyone will buy it. So ask away.. What do you want?

----Another suggestion:
    I think a good product would be:

1GB Harddrive, $1/Month $0 Setup.. Everyone would buy that, but that's too much to ask for. But we will be offering something in that ball park...
    Last edited by Infinology; 06-09-2002 at 05:51 AM.

Can't help ya, we don't buy hosting. Good luck on your poll.
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

How about $2/month Server

1 GIG Harddrive - $2/month
    1 GIB Bandwidth. ?

you should post this in related offers if you cant post in the Spec. Offers.

Your signup page isn't secure!

That's gonna turn a lot of people away

2,000 MB RAM
    256k OBC - 100MHz FSB
    5 GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    5 GB Monthly Transfer
    Webmin Control Panel, SSH Access.
    UNLIMITED DOMAINS
    5GB disk, 5Gb transfer and Webmin?

Would there be much use?

2,000 MB RAM
    256k OBC - 100MHz FSB
    1 GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    1 GB Monthly Transfer
    HSPHERE, NO SSH ACCESS.
    Unlimited # of Domains
    Would be nice but no SSH? You mean for a host's clients or the host themselves? And you can't fit much on that disk. And what about the transfer charge after, ahem, 1 GB?
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Why not just change it to unlimited everything for $2/year

People, stop fooling around in his thread. He is just trying to get some ideas.

Peter

Here is an idea. Why not tell potential customers the truth about CNets rating system, instead of lying to them. You know that the only criteria for the CNet rating is clicks. Nothing else.. Yet you create a misleading page that tells people it is because of quality and service.
    http://www.infinology.com/whycnet.htm

For those who don't know, CNet uses only uses clicks to rank most popular. All host advertisers know this there. So the game is to come up with a plan that is cheap and will get clicks, then tell customers you earned top host due to service, and not the truth, advertising dollar.

Here is some ideas and concerns already posted that should help you -
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...y&pagenumber=3

Most these are in regards to your other company zerosetup that offers 100GBs on BW for $7.95/mo. Hope this helps.

To UmBillyCord:

There is no part in the whycnet.html that is not true. Please read it, instead of making non-sense. There were a few statements that can be interpreted differently but we have worked with CNET to correct those statements. Anything stated are all true and CNET has verified them. If you think otherwise please contact CNET or [email protected] and you will get a ticket number with a response from our advertising department. Also, You are going way off topic and you do not have to LIE and STATE FALSE Rumors about a company in order to get clients for yourself. If you have marketing concerns, please direct it to [email protected] and they will forward it to the right person. I am using Woodler's account on WebHosting Talk to do product research. If you cannot help answer the question, please do not attempt to get personal gains by creating lies. Thank You.

In this research, we are attempting to introduce a new server line that is more affordable, something close to the price of a server.

To: The Laughing Cow
    Thank you for this information. One of our webmaster must have uploaded test htm and changed everything. It is being fixed immediately.

To Other Thread:
    We were not aware of those other competitors spreading bad rumors about Infinology in this forum and we are now aware of the situation and will do everything we can to solve the problem. 1. Billing issues needs to go to [email protected] - We have always attempted to solve all billing concerns. The problem we had before had to do with email issues. Customers did not update their email address and did not read our multiple notices via our Customer Support Section. Some had old emails and many simply dont read their emails. We have done everything we can to solve all billing issues and will continue to do so.

2. Bandwidth, when we say we offer 50, we do offer 50. There is no limitation other then using it for legal purposes. Although small resellers, companies with 5-100 employees may not be able to offer such offers we can.

With over 200,000 shared hosting subscribers and very well positioned we are able to create a lot of magic for the hosting industry.
    Last edited by Infinology; 06-09-2002 at 02:08 PM.

Originally posted by Infinology
    To UmBillyCord: . . . . . .please do not attempt to get personal gains by creating lies. . . . . . .
    The only problem with your assertion that UBC is attempting to discredit you for his own personal gains is; he never mines for customers here.

I always enjoy reading his insightful comments.

OK, lets break it down or dumb it down, however you want to look at, shall we??

1) We are not idiots here. This comment is crap and if you think we are so stupid to believe it, then you have something to learn about users here

I tried making a post in the other section but it there was an error with the POLL when I tried to modify it. Please answer the question in the ad.
    Come on. So you then drop this ad in the main hosting forums?

2) You didn't even a have a secure order page. So with 200,000 customers signing up, how many now have compromised card numbers?

With over 200,000 shared hosting subscribers and very well positioned we are able to create a lot of magic for the hosting industry.
    3) Don't come here asking for research unless you are ready to take it on the chin.

Also, You are going way off topic and you do not have to LIE and STATE FALSE Rumors about a company in order to get clients for yourself. If you have marketing concerns, please direct it to [email protected] and they will forward it to the right person. I am using Woodler's account on WebHosting Talk to do product research. If you cannot help answer the question, please do not attempt to get personal gains by creating lies. T
    4) Can you interpret these?

Based on this chart, you can see that Infinology isn't far from being the top dedicated server company.
    Most companies, such as DellHost and Aplus.Net, took over 40 weeks to reach the level they're at right now. Yet thanks to our company's reputation and quality of service, hundreds of merchants are choosing Infinology for their e-commerce needs without hesitation
    I have news for you. That means they were on the top list for 40 weeks and you know it. You just bend it to LIE to potential customers to make it look like your low balling on CNet means great success and top ratings quicker. You know you just went into that category and low-balled to get more clicks.

Who is your CNet rep? Dillon Deep? Chris? Post it here so I can send them this thread since you worked so closely with them.

5)
    Unlike some competitors, we do not hide anything, because we are proud to offer only the most reputable products to our clients.
    How about those hidden transfer fees and set up fees addressed in the other thread. Oh, I guess those don't count.

I absolutely hate people who plead ignorance and post ads, then beg for feed back - yes beg

Again. We are looking to come up with a product.. (Server) ... So good.. a deal so good that everyone will buy it. So ask away.. What do you want?
    then can't handle it when the negatives are pointed out. You asked what I want. I want the truth, not misleading crap. I want you and your company to clear up issues that others posted. I would suggest you just take the negative feedback with the good. I mean after all, with 200,000 clients, this shouldn't be an issue. Do the tech mags and stat checkers know you have over 200,000 clients? That should put you next to the new Interland, Verio and Earthlink. Congratulations on your success, now learn to take criticism.

1. WHT are not idiots, you guys have been in the industry for a very long time and knows nearly every aspect of it. I never said that so please investigate it thorougly before making claims. Look in the error logs that is generated, and if it does time stamp it would be better. I did try to make 2 attempts at creating a poll in the category Dedicated Server, but it failed because when I try to modify the text of the message it said that I had already posted but the post never went through. This is in no means an ad.

2.) The order form is secure page? The order form process are on secure server. The link was over-written by mistake and the issue is being worked on.

3) I dont know what this is suppose to mean. Why are we not ready to take on the chin? Deep Dhillion works on small clients and is not our contact.

4) Everything stated is correct as is. Once if you have issues contact the correct person. This makes no sense.

"I have news for you. That means they were on the top list for 40 weeks and you know it. You just bend it to LIE to potential customers to make it look like your low balling on CNet means great success and top ratings quicker. You know you just went into that category and low-balled to get more clicks. "

5) Hidden Fees? We dont have any hidden fees. People were a little upset because they didn't submit their rebate offer on time. But the rebate offer is clearly state right before a person clicks on order. They forgot that they had to submit a request before the deadline and called many times to compained. In most cases we did issue the refund but the refund was not seen immediately so that was the issue with that.

6) We were not ready for negative criticism? This also makes no sense. Your comments were false, with attempts to discredit Infinology on a public form without proof so as an employee I have to defend us.

We cannot handle negative feed back? What are you talking about. We will not sit around and allow FALSE information be spread and say nothing like we did before.

By the way, which company are you working for? This is very suspicious for you to waste all your time to try to discredit every company. This is a really bad way of getting customers. Try a small ad in the classifieds. It is cheap, gets clients, and you dont have to spend your whole day reading up on companies, making false statements, to try and get one or two clients.
    Last edited by Infinology; 06-09-2002 at 05:55 PM.

Mr. Woodler Henry, I take no part in this discusison, but a gentle reminder:

To look professional and to earn respect, defend yourself, but do not attack others.

Peter

. . . . . .
    By the way, which company are you working for? This is very suspicious for you to waste all your time to try to discredit every company. This is a really bad way of getting customers. Try a small ad in the classifieds. It is cheap, gets clients, and you dont have to spend your whole day reading up on companies, making false statements, to try and get one or two clients.
    Again; you're wrong about UBC. The simple fact that you have to ask what company he works for, should be proof enough that he doesn't make remarks in an attempt to gain customers.
    I find him to be among the more reliable sources of information on this board. Of course, he has a frankness about him that some people tend to take personal. And, probably, rightfully so.
    As, I am unfamiliar with the cnet issues being discussed, I will need to study this thread and draw my own conclusions on whom to believe. Although, I have a feeling that it will all become clear before this thread is dead.

By the way, this is getting really suspicious. UmBillyCord, were you a formal employee? Were you fired or something? Who was your manager?

Please close this Theard.

. . . . . . . UmBillyCord, were you a formal employee?. . . . . . .

Sorry. I just couldn't resist.

Mr. Woodler Henry, I think you are getting too suspicious, and that is not helping your image. Just look at Bill's post count and compare that to your own.

Peter

He could be an ex employee with Infinology, really likes the hosting industry, started his own company and loves this discussion so he has been posting ever since and now comes back for revenge. But I dont know, what the issue is.

Anyways, this has gotten way off topic and is no longer helping me. Bill if you have any issues please call me to discuss it, I can see what I can do to help make it easier for you. You can call me at 1-800-699-2517 ask for Thomas @ Infinology's Research and Development.

Once again as I stated before, I am simply using Woody's WHT account. This is Thomas. Thank you for all your help.
    Last edited by Infinology; 06-09-2002 at 06:27 PM.

I don't see how that could even be a reasonable suspusion. I suppose you can also think that I am the CEO and I am check on how my sales rep is doing.

Peter (if that's my real name....)

Would there be much use?

It is a shared server. You have root access and can do as you please within the AUP.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2,000 MB RAM
    256k OBC - 100MHz FSB
    1 GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    1 GB Monthly Transfer
    HSPHERE, NO SSH ACCESS.
    Unlimited # of Domains
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we could offer SSH. But if we offer SSH, we would not put HSPHERE on it simply WebMin and a manual for WebMin.

Oh, Mr. Thomas! I apologize for referring to you as Mr. Henry. Perhaps you should consider registering your own user account, such as infinology-thomas. This will avoid some confusion.

Peter

Thomas, woody, whatever your name is, no I do not work for you. I would never own or work for a company like yours. Also, anyone who has been coming here a while will tell you I am not here to make friends. So I could give two sh**s if I piss someone off. If you want to post something to the public on your site, then be prepared to defend it when you come here looking for business.

Aside from other bait and switch or just plain misleading advertising about your plans and services, I find the CNet one to be most ridiculous. Maybe I am alone, but again, I will post the URL you have and let others make their own opinion.

http://www.infinology.com/whycnet.htm

Consider this.

1) CNet users believe that the Most Popular means Most Popular. They DO NOT know (unless they look close), that it has NOTHING to do with quality of service or support!. It only has to do with paying more money for advertising.

2) If you are a newbie and went shopping and found this page, would you say "Wow. They are the most popular on CNet. I will buy from them".

3) If you were a newbie and told the Most Popular means this company low-balled prices, then paid more money then anyone else in click-throughs to get this title, and for no other reason, was given this title, would you still buy?

4) Would a honest web host resort to posting such a page, knowing they are lying about the Most Popular status but using it to milk business.

If you have no issue with this, then great. I do. While CNet created the chance for this to happen, you guys bent the truth of what Most Popular really means.

Finally, since you think I am attacking you to get business or whatever conspiracy theory you have developed, I will offer to anyone looking for service to choose one of these host:

Pair, FutureQuest, RackSpace. Even Splashhost. The owner is 17 and behaves more like adult then you. Look at your responses.

Good day.

Would there be much use?

It is a shared server. You have root access and can do as you please within the AUP.

quote:
    2,000 MB RAM
    256k OBC - 100MHz FSB
    1 GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    1 GB Monthly Transfer
    HSPHERE, NO SSH ACCESS.
    Unlimited # of Domains

Well we could offer SSH. But if we offer SSH, we would not put HSPHERE on it simply WebMin and a manual for WebMin.
    Ok, im probably going to be the only person in this thread not starting a fight, as i cant exert the effort to read the previous posts, but this one made me laugh.

You're gonna fill a server as full as you can, hdd permitting, thats what? 10+ clients? I'd hope so, and they're all going to get full root? Get a grip, that'll never work. Nobody in their right mind will share root with others, also, if you've got 10+ people on the servers, some idiots will screw stuff up.

Ok, im probably going to be the only person in this thread not starting a fight, as i cant exert the effort to read the previous posts, but this one made me laugh.
    Myles, now how do you know there was fighting if you didn't read the post????

Originally posted by UmBillyCord

Myles, now how do you know there was fighting if you didn't read the post????
    I wasn't trying to imply i didn't read any of them, but i wouldn't jump in on a fight unless i'd read everything, and theres just too much crap up there

Most Popular Ranking:

1) If it is the most popular ranking was based on amount of advertisements dollars spent, DellHost or Earthlink would be #1, but they are not.

2) I dont know what you mean by lowballing. If anyone can get it, you seem to know the people on CNET then get your own company up there to position 1. If we knew how we got #1, we get ourselves #1 on everything. We lost to Dell in Dedicated and a few other companies in E-commerce, but we are still fairly high.

People like our product, they like the prices, ... the service that's why we got up #1 Most Popular. DellHost got high in Dedicated because they are good in dedicated servers, but when it comes to basic hosting no one wants to pay the high prices DellHost charges with the low list of features. We offer more resources, lower prices, better service and we got number 1.

Make sense? I hope so.

Dahh I be an idiot.

From CNets web site -

Most Popular List is a ranking of Access providers measured by how many visits per week they get from our site. Use the links below to view our Hosting Most Popular lists.
    visits are clicks. clicks cost money. more clicks = more money paid. More money paid = higher rating on Most Popular list. Understand????? Of course you do, but you would rather validate your misleading dedicated page used to snare CNet newbies.

If anyone can get it, you seem to know the people on CNET then get your own company up there to position 1.
    Because most people would rather be honest and have this carry over to there company. But you are right, anyone can lowball and say they offer things like NT hosting - but don't - to get more views and clicks. Most would use integrity to guide their business instead however.

You know a spiders web is a natures master piece and quite beautiful. Oh yeah, it catches flys.

Your statement doesn't make sense. If it is completely based on money DellHost or Earthlink would have the money to pay for this position if so you claim. It does cost us more because we are #1, but you can't buy that position. We pay more, but its because more people have been selecting us over other providers. Also, we do offer NT hosting.. please look at our plans.

Windows NT, Windows 2000 Hosting Models: SW2000, SW2200, SW2400, SW3000, SW1000P, SW1200P, SW1400P, SW1900P

FreeBSD, RedHat Linux Hosting Models: SU2000, SU2200, SU2400, SU3000, SU1000P, SU1200P, SU1400P, SU1900P

So your telling us you registered this domain in Mar 2001, as per a whois search, and grew to 200,000 clients in just over a year? Besides the fact some of the largest hosts in the US dont have that number of clients, the rest of your story isnt adding up. Having 200,000 clients would mean your not just a success but your more successful than most of the largest hosting companies in the US as others have pointed out in this thread. I for one just can't buy it and don't know who would.

If you had a client base that large you wouldn't post here asking for suggestions. Why would you need anyones help ? Go ask your 200,00 clients, thats far more than the few thousand people registered here.

Also, we do offer NT hosting.. please look at our plans.
    Actually my statement was just saying I could go there, juice my features and lowball to get more clicks. It had nothing to do with your NT offer.

I bow out as it is rediculous how ignorant you are to this. CNets Most Popular is JUST like Overture saying the top bidder is "Most Popular". They pay more to be at the top. You do not pay more monthly because you do not have the top tier ad option which is a huge expense, however your prices are so low (no big deal), that those top three can't even get more clicks then you - which is the ONLY criteria for your rating! Tell yourself what you want, you and I both know you lie to potential customers and even dedicate a whole page to this lie. If that is not bad enough, you lie to WHT users by telling them you have over 200,000 clients.

Good luck with your polls and research. Next time remember, if you do not want honest feedback, don't ask for advice on what people want.