hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Host w/ right perl modules?

Forum Jump

Host w/ right perl modules?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Junior Guru

Host w/ right perl modules?

Hi,

I am looking to spend about 5-10 bucks a month for a site that should recieve a small/medium amount of traffic. I will be running a program that will require the following perl modules:

Carp
Data:umper
HTML::Template
Digest::MD5
DBD::mysql
HTTP:ate
Encode
DBI
URI::Escape
POSIX

If you have any recommendations they would be greatly appreciated. My current host has not been very helpful and so I am looking for a welcome change. Thank you very much for your help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Web Hosting Master

Don't you actual host is willing to install those perl modules? is it a Cpanel host?
Because its pretty easy to accomplish, just a few clicks.

DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Old 08-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Junior Guru

Jedito - I am currently signed up with GoDaddy - I have to upgrade my account to be able to execute perl scripts (therefore I cant see what modules are installed).

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a host that would be willing to help me in a timely manner (i.e. faster than GoDaddy). Can you install perl modules through cpanel?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSkilage
Jedito - I am currently signed up with GoDaddy - I have to upgrade my account to be able to execute perl scripts (therefore I cant see what modules are installed).

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a host that would be willing to help me in a timely manner (i.e. faster than GoDaddy). Can you install perl modules through cpanel?

You would need to contact the host directly to ask for those perl modules. I don't see you having any trouble finding one.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Disabled

Go through the forums, and see which company has good reviews here. Most of the hosts will install the modules for you for FREE and that's not gone be a problem at all.

Happy Hunting

Old 08-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Junior Guru

Thanks for your help - my searching was successful

Old 08-20-2006, 03:37 AM
WHT Addict

BTW. You should be able to install or compile most perl modules and GD/ImageMagick inside your home directory. As long as you have linux hosting and shell access (witch is easy to find now a days).

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Host Alive Listing 2014-07-25 06:24:36
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – May 17, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:05
FORTRUST Completes Denver Modular Data Center Expansion Web Hosting News 2013-05-13 16:21:20
Vexxhost Launches cPanel-Powered Cloud Hosting Service Web Hosting News 2013-02-15 10:58:15
cPanel Security Updates Address Perl Module Vulnerabilities Web Hosting News 2012-12-06 12:55:54