hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Other Offers & Requests : Selling hosting business

Forum Jump

Selling hosting business

Reply Post New Thread In Other Offers & Requests Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2002, 10:26 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Selling hosting business

I am selling my hosting startup to work on other ventures. What I have for sale is as follow..

2 brand new 1u gateway servers (36 gig scsi) colocated at venturesonline.com - these are less than 3 months old

recently added another 36 gig scsi drive to each and also 512 mb more of ECC ram to each

- 20 paying customers with revenue of 338$ per month before fees
- custom template that I had designed for this site
- phpmanager
- domain name which is really nice which I also purchased

The servers are very underutilized at this point - and have very few customers on them - so room for expansion is really good

This is over 3000$ worth of new hosting hardware - and also 20 customers to go with it. Here is a picture of the two servers I have..

http://www.gateway.com/work/prod/sb_...odDetail.shtml before I added more ram and hard drives

I figure the customers are worth about 50$ each so that's another 1000$

I am selling the whole works for 4000 - at this point I am just at the break even costs / revenue so someone with an existing customers that needs a couple of really nice fast servers would like this and could move a lot of customers to the servers.

http://www.axishost.com is the domain - please talk to me on ICQ at 2547147

Thank you - Jeremy - Owner axishost.com

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2002, 10:35 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Offers

All reasonable offers considered

Old 06-08-2002, 10:52 PM

about the company

Are you commited to a contract with the co location of the servers.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2002, 11:16 PM
Web Hosting Guru

contract

no

Old 06-09-2002, 01:59 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Are you interested in splitting the sale of the hardware from the customers?

Old 06-09-2002, 07:23 AM
Junior Guru

What is the monthly cost to keep the servers running at VO for cpanel, colo and b/w. Also how much b/w do you get in you plan and how much is in use? Also are the customers paying monthly

Thanks!

Old 06-09-2002, 05:36 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Are all your customers paying with credit card? Also, what monthly prices are your customers paying you? IE: x at $19.95 p/m

Also, how much bandwidth do you get now? What is your server co-location monthly fee's?

Old 06-09-2002, 05:44 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Opps, refrshed my browser and the system made another post. Sorry

Old 06-10-2002, 10:00 AM
Web Hosting Guru

hosting

I'm not interested in splitting the customers and the hardware - and I have found a buyer that will buy the whole works including hardware. If this falls through I may consider other offers

JDT

Old 06-10-2002, 10:12 AM
Web Hosting Master

You shouldn't have a problem selling your web hosting business at WHT, but the details about the clients is a little vague (are they yearly paying? which plans are they on?), also as already mentioned above, the running costs of the business would be helpful (co-location costs?). Obviously you don't want to disclose everything about your business, but those listed are essential in a sale for the right price.

Alan

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
InterCloud Systems to Acquire Cloud Security Company VaultLogix Web Hosting News 2014-03-28 13:22:59
123-reg Launches Domain Reselling Service on Global Domain Marketplace Web Hosting News 2013-06-19 14:48:10
Solutions Sales and the Cloud Blog 2013-02-21 12:16:37
Web Host Melbourne IT says it May Sell Individual Units After Nine-Month Low Web Hosting News 2012-11-26 11:53:07
New Zealand Scammer to be Sentenced for Selling Web Hosting Business Three Times Web Hosting News 2012-09-04 17:01:20