Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a '92 corolla and it's been a very reliable car - not too much maintenance and the thing has been running fine.

DO NOT get a tercel - sorry to all the tercel fans out there, but they are the biggest POS cars ever manufactured. Sure, they'll go forever but I mean something just strikes me a little odd about a car in which the right side mirror is optional

My friend has a tercel that died a while ago (must have been over 15 years old). The thing was lovably referred to as the 'beer can' becuase thats basically all it was.

I'd also have to recommend something like '95 Dodge Neon or newer if you can find one for less then 3,000, which you may be able to do. I haven't really been car shopping lately, so I'm not up on used car prices anymore. Anyway my Dad owned a Porshe 928 and man that thing was nice. Always had me glued to the back of the seat. Leather seats, power windows (Amazing for a 1983) and six speed (I think, might of been a 5-speed) . Never got to drive it though, which totally sucked. It's probably a good thing I never got to drive it though, probably wouldn't be typing this message if I did. I guess you could say I sort of have lead foot. I don't know, I'm still in love with that BMW I drove awhile back, the steering was so smooth and the brakes so nice, and the hum of the engine, or the grinding of the gears. hehehe I'm not much for driving stick.

Originally posted by VIPsNet
    I just sold my ford mustang '96 loaded for $3500
    I regret it so much, i loved it, it was in perfect condition,
    if someone here is from Okeechobee,FL the mustang is there
    If You can get a mustang for her.
    you have gotta be crazy lol a mustang?

camaro i have a 95 Z28 pretty quick but just find like a 93+ v6 model if you can find a great deal on one.

Originally posted by richy
    maybe an r1 one when the insurance is less silly, or a 955i daytona.
    If you want to go there...I'd personnally buy a GSXR. Or a Daytona, yes
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

I just went this weekend and picked up a sweet little 1997 Geo Tracker I bought off of Ebay for $3150.

80K miles, thing looks like new. Drives and runs like a new one.

I also bought a 1994 full size conversion van 2 months ago for $3000 exactly, it's got kinda high miles though (145K) but runs real good, I've had to put some work in it though (front end upper and lower control arms, tires, brakes, mainly).
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Re: $2,000-$3,000 car

Originally posted by Chicken
    Ok well, the wife needs an automatic car. Yes, we want a new, dependable, decent car for $3,000 (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... errrrr). Suggestions of where to start?
    LOL, I would get a new wife who already HAS a decent car... cheaper

Originally posted by richy
    the micras a j reg in blue, you know the one there are MILLIONS of, they were immortal. the focus is nice as is the fiesta, the you should get some nice festas in your price range, including autos. altho those are euro models so im not sure on the us equivs.
    Nothing like the Micra in the US, unfortuntately. I've driven one, a rental a had in Ireland once and you're right it's nice. Also here no older Focus, just the new one introduced a couple of years ago.
    Originally posted by MadSkilage
    My friend has a tercel[...] The thing was lovably referred to as the 'beer can' becuase thats basically all it was.
    Yeah, to be honest I'd hesitate to put someone I love in one of those here in the US -- the land of the Expedition and the Suburban and the Canyonero. A couple of years ago I gave my old Geo Storm to my girlfriend and I was always nervous about that -- and at least that had an airbag, and a little more protection than in a Tercel... but it always bothered me. Until about six months later when she rolled it over and came away with a scratch so maybe it wasn't so bad after all.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

good plan.

ok so now we need some wives with cars, pref a good job and a big house. hmmm lol me want
    --
    Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12