Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

actuallt

Originally posted by whw

a 19 hour wait for them to take your money? now thats a new one by me.
    they activated my account a couple of hours ago and guess what??? PhpMyAdmin wasn't working. Also, I can't chmod anything in the cgi-bin. I tried to re-set the permissions on the cgi-bin and it wouldn't let me either, and it won't let me delete it either. I had login to the control panel (which the .css files were missing and it was completely ugly colors) just to chmod it to 755. I'm waiting for the downtime. I know it might sound like i'm being difficult, but I think i'm just paranoid :/ I've seen so many posts (literly, over 50 unique posts) bashing aletia within the past month and i've send in 3 tickets and updated them like 10 times nd i've only recieved one response. I'm not gonna give them a chance to take my $10, i'm gonna cancel and take the refund. I deserve to be treated better than this by a host... I deserve to be treated like aletia treaded me 6 months ago!!!!!!!!

By the way... I checked the original e-mails, and the final time was 31 hours and 21 minutes until they activated my account. I was way off when I said 19 hours. Is that not the most rediculoyus thing ever????? It takes them a whole 2 minutes to setup an account, so how can they make their customers wait 31 hours?????????????????

Originally posted by timbo

For myself I quickly went to Paysystems and 2checkout.com and stopped all of my credit card transactions with them.
    What if you went to Paysystems to try to stop the credit card transactions but failed?

Originally posted by Radi
    What if you went to Paysystems to try to stop the credit card transactions but failed?
    Did you try via the cardholder center here:
    https://auth.paysystems.com/cardholder/default1.asp

We use paysystems ouselves and have never had much complaint regarding people wishing to close their accounts via this avenue (there's been thankfully few that have used it at least)

You can ring paysystems on 514-448-4819 during business hours (NYC time)

One of the things that we've found is that people do trust paysystems as a billing processor as they do side with the cardholder. While it might get hair up on the merchant the overall benefit is that cardholders have a peace of mind knowing they have a good chance of having their money returned if something goes belly up.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

me too!

I am completely disgusted with Aletia too! I had 3 accounts there and started the cancellation process well more that 30 days before my annual renewal would have been up.

The first account was supposedly terminated -- no problem.

The second account was "suspended" while waiting for sales to confirm termination. I added to my support ticket twice a week for a month and never heard anything...until 7 days prior to my renewal date I got an e-mail from PaySystems that I had been charged for another year.

Anyway, I was IRATE and called PaySystems who told me that I showed 3 recurring billings to Aletia, which means THEY NEVER STOPPED PAYMENT ON THE FIRST ACCOUNT EITHER!

Now they owe me money and I am very very upset. PaySytems was able to terminate the recurring billing for all three accounts in less than a minute.

Aletia can quickly suspend and even terminate and account...but they can't seem to communicate with PaySystems that the account is terminated!!!!

Whew. Thanks for letting me vent!
    Rachelle

hmm thats wierd, usually paysystems is helpful in this section - they should refund you, and take the amount from Mark Vockler (Aletia..)

1. File all you want with the BBB. They can do nothing.
    No legal power.
    Call all the mail drop numbers you want.
    I will tell you people one more time.
    Nevada corporation commission web site.
    File with them. If I recall you will also find some names to go with this company.( do a search there)
    They are a corporation for good reason, as I am:
    Cann't touch that!Sorry, my bank account is off limits, as is my home,car and all personal property.
    I have a deep dislike for this company and feel for you. But, the owners are protected by the corprate law, as I am for my business.
    All the BBB can do is write a letter and hope like you.
    Now, free legal advice: Prove that someone is using a Corporation to fraud people and you have something.
    The Nevada Corporation Commission will want proof of their deeds. Those they have been ripped, need to get together, with proof of a total lack of service. Not just slow servers, slow support, but a real total lack of service.
    While I am on your side, slow is not total. That is how so many companies get away with what they do.
    Put the heat on to deep, just a name change and they are up and running again.
    Good luck to you and be more careful with your next host.

Well the more knowledge users with bad experiences pass on through the internet, the less people giving them their money. I would encourage everyone to keep activily discussing this issue so new people will look and see that they are NOT the company to go with. I feel i have been ripped off as well and would like to do all i can and will continue to tell people how bad this company is and how they steal your money

Nevada Secretary of State

Name: ALETIA CORPORATION

Type: Corporation File Number: C4227-2001 State: NEVADA

Incorporated On: February 21, 2001

Status: Current list of officers on file Corp Type: Regular

Resident Agent: NEVADA CORPORATION SERVICES LTD (Accepted)
    Address: 237 TRAMWAY DR #B
    STATELINE NV 89449

President: W. LOWE
    Address: P.O. BOX 6957
    STATELINE NV 89449

Secretary: D BATRICK
    STATELINE NV 89449

Treasurer: W. LOWE
    STATELINE NV 89449

Better Business Bureau Record
    http://worf.usshurdman.com/~reno/com...compid=8000121

Good Luck!
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

well...

Originally posted by shoney
    I agree paysystems has great support, to bad aletia can't/won't learn something from them! I too, have canceled my recurring charge at paysystems which took all of 2 minutes over the phone, talking to a live person... which you won't be able to do at aletia.
    Well, paysystems really isn't much better than aletia. My family website was shut down, because I used the wrong phone number when ordering-which makes sense. But paysystems refused to help at all, even though they were the ones to refuse the credit card, and yet they charged it anyway. Finally, after a month of fighting with paysystems, aletia agreed to refund us the money through paypal. So, basically both companies are crap....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12