hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : jumpline feedback?

Forum Jump

jumpline feedback?

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2006, 08:07 AM

jumpline feedback?

Hello all..

I've been checking on jumpline.com. They seem to have very good offers, but unfortunately didn't find any recent feedback on them here...

So, anyone got any comments about them?

Thanks in advance for reading

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Web Hosting Master

Just so you don't sign up and become disappointed with them you should note they use Sphera which is a VPS in the sense you have isolated applications, but there is no root access and are generally limited in the number of domains that can be hosted.

www.togglebox.com

Old 07-08-2006, 07:55 AM

That would be fine for my site... thanks for the info...

I'm still looking for feedback on uptime, speed, customer support etc. Generally, what distinguishes a good hoster from a bad one...

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Just so you don't sign up and become disappointed with them you should note they use Sphera which is a VPS in the sense you have isolated applications
Does this mean that there VDS plans don't perform as well as a VPS plan? Is there some difference in VDS and VPS?

I have also been searching for reviews on Jumline but most of the reviews on WHT are at least a year old. Any Jumline customers here?

PHP Tutorials : Tutorials and scripts for beginners

Old 07-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Web Hosting Master

Why would you get a VPS if you don't want root.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Web Hosting Master

With some VDS/VPS you are guaranteed the RAM/DISKSPACE. In a shared environment that is not the case. It's very possible to have better performace with a reseller account in a shared env. than a VPS. With VPS clients usually want root to customize their setup, test, etc.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Web Hosting Master

Jumpline provides chrooted environment which I guess is as good as a root access on VPS. I am not too sure about it though. Maybe someone on this forum will provide more details.

Any feedback on their uptime, performance and customer support?

Old 07-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Big fan of RajiniKanth!!!

yes i have seen ads of this company but not heared of the company reviews. may be u can provide us an feedback by making your self as a prey to the company.

HAHAHA J.k

Old 07-12-2006, 02:13 PM

I personally could go for a classic shared hosting, but what stops me is the need to set some custom variables in my.ini/my.cnf... that's why I need some lowcost vps/vds...

And since I'm going for it, I plan on setting up several sites. What I heard now is that I can't have seperate stats/etc for a multidomain package, which is not good. Is this really true? Are there any workarounds? It only seems fair to be able to judge each site independently from stats/logs.... :/

Old 07-13-2006, 09:39 AM

I eventually went for them... Problem is they run mysql 3+, which is pretty obsolete, and doesn't support setting ft_min_word_len, which is exactly the reason I went for a vps/vds instead of simple shared hosting. I mean wtf.. v3+ ?!

Anyways, I guess I deserve it for not asking before buying... I just didn't expect such an old version of mysql... anything above v4 would suit me ok.

They told me they are to upgrade to v5 any time soon. Their newsletter says this upgrqade was scheduled for early July, so unless they 're usually way out of the deadlines they set, I should be up and running soon, with more feedback to come...
:/

Old 07-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Web Hosting Master

Keep us posted yaba

Old 07-13-2006, 02:39 PM

so far:

+
support has been answering my tickets within 2-3 hours at most. Yes, that's good, I've had a lot worst.

-
they don't have a forum so customers can help each other with basic stuff. They don't have online chat...

more to come...

Old 07-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Web Hosting Master

Yup, I noticed the lack of online chat support.

Which VDS plan did you go for?

Old 07-13-2006, 09:20 PM

J2-DVS...
forgot to mention the classic problem: you can't email addresses like blah@domain1.com and blah@domain2.com :/

Old 08-17-2006, 07:01 AM

OK, here's an update:

The upgrade was due early July, then I contacted them and told me was due early August, then contacted them another 100 times and told it was due early September. At this point I noticed that new customers were signed up for the neew upgraded platform. So I asked them if they could delere my account and re-open it, this time on the new platform, instead of having to wait till September. I told them I would take care of all my backups etc. And they replied they could do that. I only wish I had asked for that long time ago.

The new platform is a lot better, lot's of 1-click installations for common stuff (programming modules etc).

My site so far runs very fast, although I have no real load at the moment.

One thing I need to stress is that their support always replies within two hours max, if not a lot faster. I have to give them that!

Bad thing is that you can only contact them through support tickets. As I said before, no chat, no forum for customer2customer help. Not sure about telephone as I'm not in US anyway, and wouldn't use it.

So overall, at this point I'm very satisfied, specially given that I payed like $8/mo with their special price a while ago, although I hadn't had any real traffic yet, so I'll get back on this.

Hope this helps others

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Nominet Goes Ahead with Shorter .UK Domains Despite Negative Feedback Web Hosting News 2013-11-21 11:02:46
Nominet Seeks Feedback on Banning Offensive .UK Domain Registrations Web Hosting News 2013-09-13 15:25:36
Phoenix NAP Responds to Customer Feedback with New Cloud Features Web Hosting News 2013-02-19 17:09:09
Phoenix NAP Aims to Improve Cloud Hosting through Customer Feedback Website Web Hosting News 2013-01-17 13:59:49
Soliciting Customer Feedback Without Reacting Is Unacceptable Blog 2013-01-15 14:54:41