jumpline feedback?

Hello all..

I've been checking on jumpline.com. They seem to have very good offers, but unfortunately didn't find any recent feedback on them here...

So, anyone got any comments about them?

Thanks in advance for reading

Just so you don't sign up and become disappointed with them you should note they use Sphera which is a VPS in the sense you have isolated applications, but there is no root access and are generally limited in the number of domains that can be hosted.
    Matt Ayres - togglebox.com
    Linux and Windows Cloud Virtual Datacenters powered by Onapp / Xen
    Instant Setup, Instant Scalability, Full Lifecycle Hosting Solutions

www.togglebox.com

That would be fine for my site... thanks for the info...

I'm still looking for feedback on uptime, speed, customer support etc. Generally, what distinguishes a good hoster from a bad one...

Just so you don't sign up and become disappointed with them you should note they use Sphera which is a VPS in the sense you have isolated applications
    Does this mean that there VDS plans don't perform as well as a VPS plan? Is there some difference in VDS and VPS?

I have also been searching for reviews on Jumline but most of the reviews on WHT are at least a year old. Any Jumline customers here?
    Darsh Web Solutions : Web Design, PHP Development, E-Commerce Solutions

PHP Tutorials : Tutorials and scripts for beginners

Why would you get a VPS if you don't want root.

With some VDS/VPS you are guaranteed the RAM/DISKSPACE. In a shared environment that is not the case. It's very possible to have better performace with a reseller account in a shared env. than a VPS. With VPS clients usually want root to customize their setup, test, etc.
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

Jumpline provides chrooted environment which I guess is as good as a root access on VPS. I am not too sure about it though. Maybe someone on this forum will provide more details.

Any feedback on their uptime, performance and customer support?

yes i have seen ads of this company but not heared of the company reviews. may be u can provide us an feedback by making your self as a prey to the company.

HAHAHA J.k

I personally could go for a classic shared hosting, but what stops me is the need to set some custom variables in my.ini/my.cnf... that's why I need some lowcost vps/vds...

And since I'm going for it, I plan on setting up several sites. What I heard now is that I can't have seperate stats/etc for a multidomain package, which is not good. Is this really true? Are there any workarounds? It only seems fair to be able to judge each site independently from stats/logs.... :/

I eventually went for them... Problem is they run mysql 3+, which is pretty obsolete, and doesn't support setting ft_min_word_len, which is exactly the reason I went for a vps/vds instead of simple shared hosting. I mean wtf.. v3+ ?!

Anyways, I guess I deserve it for not asking before buying... I just didn't expect such an old version of mysql... anything above v4 would suit me ok.

They told me they are to upgrade to v5 any time soon. Their newsletter says this upgrqade was scheduled for early July, so unless they 're usually way out of the deadlines they set, I should be up and running soon, with more feedback to come...
    :/

Keep us posted yaba

so far:

+
    support has been answering my tickets within 2-3 hours at most. Yes, that's good, I've had a lot worst.

-
    they don't have a forum so customers can help each other with basic stuff. They don't have online chat...

more to come...

Yup, I noticed the lack of online chat support.

Which VDS plan did you go for?

J2-DVS...
    forgot to mention the classic problem: you can't email addresses like blah@domain1.com and blah@domain2.com :/

OK, here's an update:

The upgrade was due early July, then I contacted them and told me was due early August, then contacted them another 100 times and told it was due early September. At this point I noticed that new customers were signed up for the neew upgraded platform. So I asked them if they could delere my account and re-open it, this time on the new platform, instead of having to wait till September. I told them I would take care of all my backups etc. And they replied they could do that. I only wish I had asked for that long time ago.

The new platform is a lot better, lot's of 1-click installations for common stuff (programming modules etc).

My site so far runs very fast, although I have no real load at the moment.

One thing I need to stress is that their support always replies within two hours max, if not a lot faster. I have to give them that!

Bad thing is that you can only contact them through support tickets. As I said before, no chat, no forum for customer2customer help. Not sure about telephone as I'm not in US anyway, and wouldn't use it.

So overall, at this point I'm very satisfied, specially given that I payed like $8/mo with their special price a while ago, although I hadn't had any real traffic yet, so I'll get back on this.

Hope this helps others