Unhappy More WHT rules discussion

Well folks, I've never had a warning from WHT mods but I have a hunch this will get me my first , nevertheless I have to ask this.

If I understand the rules correctly, if I answer a question about catfish baits by referring to a link on my catfish website, it will be snipped and I'll receive warning points because I do have one tiny advertising banner on it that gets me $25 per year. I can accept that since it applies to everyone.

Now, how about the constant web host bashing by hosting company members with their flashy sigs showing that they're hosts and how wonderful they are? They're like a bunch of vultures attacking fresh meat. I realize that technically they're not breaking the rules because they aren't mentioning their company in the message body but it's obvious to me that what they're doing is far more damaging to the intent of the advertising rules than mentioning a site for information. JMHFO
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com
      0 Not allowed!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by catfished
    Well folks, I've never had a warning from WHT mods but I have a hunch this will get me my first , nevertheless I have to ask this.
    I think we can be fairly certian that you won't get warning points for asking questions like these.
    If I understand the rules correctly, if I answer a question about catfish baits by referring to a link on my catfish website, it will be snipped and I'll receive warning points because I do have one tiny advertising banner on it that gets me $25 per year. I can accept that since it applies to everyone.
    Yes, you're right. You cannot post links to your own site as that would break this rule -
    You may not post any message that directs others to any pages at your own commercial domain, including informational pages. A commercial domain is defined as a site that receives any type of income or links to any income producing properties.
    Quote Originally Posted by catfished
    Now, how about the constant web host bashing by hosting company members with their flashy sigs showing that they're hosts and how wonderful they are? They're like a bunch of vultures attacking fresh meat. I realize that technically they're not breaking the rules because they aren't mentioning their company in the message body but it's obvious to me that what they're doing is far more damaging to the intent of the advertising rules than mentioning a site for information. JMHFO
    Then report them for breaking this rule -
    Signature Spam (a post that was made in hopes of showing a signature, as determined by moderators) is forbidden in all forum categories.
    The mods are quick to remove sigs or posts, if the spirit in which they're made is for the purpose of sig spamming.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!