Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Paradise-Designs. Con artist?

Something fishy going on.

http://www.yaxay.com/yack/showthread...&threadid=3448

It appears Tim of "Paradise Designs", a designing company, is holding contests in our forums (and WHT) for designs and offering hosting for the designs. He is then reselling them under his sites name.

And what is with the above? Sold him a design you did not create as well? Three more designers on yaxay have come forward as Tim having asked them to do design work for him. Also, Tim flaunts styles like this thread, LINK for his "client". It ends up Tim is behind Mercury Hosting. So why is he boasting it as a client? And if you read that thread, again we find out he did not design it at all.

Perhaps the reason your site has no portfolio?

Example of contest he has set up:
    http://www.yaxay.com/yack/showthread...&threadid=2927

What is my intent in posting this? To not see this 15 year rip off any more people. Its people like him, lying constantly, that give designers and hosts a bad name.

So what is it Tim? Spill.

edit/Mods if this is in wrong forum, I apologize and feel free to move it to where it is more appropriate.
    Last edited by CoreyW; 06-07-2002 at 04:22 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

OOps, thanks. I updated the post.

And please no one flame with things like, "What do you care?", etc.

Im upset because it appears Tim is abusing my members. Contacting them via yaxay, and offering contests offering free hosting. Then he resells it for a 100% profit. This is rediculous and needs to be noticed.

However, if a mod feels this does not belong here feel free to remove it.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with you 100%.. Seems very suspicious, However I feel that this could be been stopped by any designer who did work for Tim. I think a designer, after he/she sells the design, should keep track of who is using his design and who is not.. But it failed to happen here... Again it does need to be noticed..
    Nirav S. - [email protected]
    Administrator
    Pulse Host - Advanced Hosting Solutions
    http://www.pulsehost.com
      0 Not allowed!

Well I can assure you that Tim doesn't know a lot about the webhosting business. He always hangs out on the forums (ALL), webhosting radio, he tries to participate every where for promotion. $$$

He's just hungry for business and money.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Shyne
    Well I can assure you that Tim doesn't know a lot about the webhosting business. He always hangs out on the forums (ALL), webhosting radio, he tries to participate every where for promotion. $$$

He's just hungry for business and money.
    I've noticed the same thing...

Oh well.
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm, interesting........
    Matt Kaufman
    [email protected]
      0 Not allowed!

Tim I know is dealing with some personal issues right now and hasn't been online all day and I know wont be on much tmorrow so lets just wait to hear his side of the story. Don't ever accuse til you hear both side. (thats my motto)
    VibeHost, A DensityHost Company
    Under NEW Ownership
    Quality, Affordable Reseller Hosting
    www.vibehost.com
      0 Not allowed!

Not true vibehosts. He was on icq talking to another member about the thread at yaxay this morning. He is aware, and knows its there. He is obviously choosing not to comment yet. But not "busy and not around".
      0 Not allowed!

That's bull#$%% , I have been talking to him most all morning and this afternoon.
      0 Not allowed!

Jeeze!! I'm sorry I don't have his ICQ please settle down, anyways he wiill not be online tomorrow for sure and that I am posititve about. And phantasywork I'm guessign you meant by ICQ?
    VibeHost, A DensityHost Company
    Under NEW Ownership
    Quality, Affordable Reseller Hosting
    www.vibehost.com
      0 Not allowed!

yes ICQ ...sorry I am alittle tense right now
      0 Not allowed!

And it appears now a completely different company is taking credit for the initial design.

http://www.webdefinity.com/ihosted/
      0 Not allowed!

I promise you that TIM is NOT behind Mercury Hosting, www.mehost.com in any way shape or form.

jason
      0 Not allowed!

Is Tim the Paradise Designs guy?
    Anyway, I heard that Tim designed MEHost.com

Back on topic... WebDefinity DID design the ihosted template. Tom, in fact. They have many templates similar to it and I have actually been trying to resell a few myself. Legitimately

I just informed the owner of WebDefinity about the situation now. He is probably checking it out now.
      0 Not allowed!

If the information is wrong, and Webdifinity did in fact sell these to Tim to resell knowingly, please someone from WD post and confirm this. If not, please post as well.

After talking with someone at WebDefinity, it appears Tim bought a few templates from them besides this one. But did not know they were going to be resold as Paradise Designs as a profit.

So no matter what it ends up with this particular situation, it doesnt change that Paradise Designs is in fact, not a design company at all. Rather, someone he takes others designs and resells them at a profit. Pretty low.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, Corey not really "low". My company, for instance, designs. We also resell when we think we can meet the client's needs better. Or we subcontract if there are services we can't adequately provide. It's actually common in businesses.

Anyway, the owner was not aware the WD template was sold. Yet, he has Tom (the designer) handle it. He may have just been late on the get-go.

The final client also said Tom offered him a discount because of the confusion. So here we go again
      0 Not allowed!

Hello, We're not a con artist. I have refunded him as he requested and did everything a requested. I'm in a hurry because I have a Grand Father that is at the funeral home.
      0 Not allowed!

I did apologize earlier about your grandfather, but

Why did the client say he was not granted a refund?
    And why was the refund demanded in the first place?
      0 Not allowed!

Just spoke to the client. He said he was NOT granted a refund as of yet. You offered to send an echeck but he does not like echecks for quite a few reasons.

In addition, you first offered a refund today. My guess is once the situation came out into the open.
      0 Not allowed!

Be fair.

Be fair, Tim turned 16 a few months ago.

<<MOD NOTE: I believe he likes to go by the name of Tim, not Timmy>>
    Last edited by ewindisch; 06-07-2002 at 07:46 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Age has nothing to do with this. In this business, people even younger than Tim are doing great. Have successful companies. This is the adult world, not the kid one
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Be fair.

Originally posted by ewindisch
    Be fair, Tim turned 16 a few months ago.
    Which bothers me. How is he leasing a datacenter to offer dedicated servers to people at 16? How can he sign any legal agreements? I don't understand that.
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-07-2002 at 07:40 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

This is all true, I have discussed most of this with C:, and he has it pretty much straight.
    Tim did purchases these from Tom, the designer at WD.

I do not handle the designing parts of WD, as I handle other things, such as the hosting, and scripting parts of it.

Tom, does all the designing, 100%, never had another designer do that work.

As I do not like the name, and reputation of that I have worked hard and someone is being ripped off, and they think that it is related to the WD name, as I have never tried to rip, nor lie to someone.

I will not tolerate this any longer, and if it ends up with the designing part has to go, it will.

I am truly sorry that anyone has been delt unfairly, and I will try to help you get your money back.
    Chris
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by geiger
    Age has nothing to do with this. In this business, people even younger than Tim are doing great. Have successful companies. This is the adult world, not the kid one
    It does matter when the person is untruthful, on many occasions Tim has stated he was "32 to 34 years old" when in fact he cant even get a drivers license, everything in his business goes though his partner, his partner is likely the one that signs all the lease agreements.
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-07-2002 at 07:40 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,
    I send him a refund he also denied it. We're working on a solution to work out so he can get the money instantly. Also, My name is Tim. c-prompt we're working on this solution and to all moderators as well. ewindisch
    , You don't know everything.
      0 Not allowed!

yeah I told you 3-4 times I don't accept e-checks ..I paid instant funds I expect instant in return . Yes that sounds harsh folks but if someone lied to you would you take there check ?
      0 Not allowed!

I have known Tim for quite a while, and I know that he is a genuine guy. I know for a fact that he _is_ a great sys admin, and is very honest. And from what I know his partner is of a legal age to sign documents etc as need be.

I don't think it is fair to string this out when I know he is going through personal issues - and he told me a few days back. I think that in all fairness this should be dropped at least till he has resolved his issues or more professionally it should be dealt with by the people involved without others sticking it in.

On the reselling of web templates maybe I did not read correctly but I do not see how it is wrong to resell a template as the template was bough by Tim for the fee/service agreed with the designer.

I myself sub-contract graphics work to designers and offer them a deal that they, any myself are happy with to then supply the site. I do not see how this is wrong?

mind you perhaps I read this incorrectly.

In closing I know that Tim is a very competant (sp) and professional person and I would have no problems in dealing with him again in the future.
      0 Not allowed!

I am not stringing this out , he has the terms to work this whole thing out and has known the terms for the past 2 days.

Really this all coulda been a avoided
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,
    We're working out a refund deal as I said. Tom, is a designer of ours as well as of WebDefinity.com he made the template for a WebDefinity.com client which didn't want it so he asked me to sell it and I did. We're working on handling the situation now.. If anyone would like to talk to me please call me.. We're working out a situation and it will be solved by tonight.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by geiger
    Age has nothing to do with this. In this business, people even younger than Tim are doing great. Have successful companies. This is the adult world, not the kid one :)
    So name a few... the majority of them do not. I don't personally know of any that are doing great, not out of all the kids that come here or any of the other places I've seen -- even though I see people claim this, I still don't see it.

Age certainly does have to do with it, but that can depend (on who, if anyone, the a/the partner is). This is important and out of the people that say it's not (or even that it is) I'd like to see how many people can truly list a business (or so-called company) ran by a kid that is actually doing "great". I'm serious. One that is ran _solely_ by a kid, doing great, the kid isn't lying about his age or skills and has no adult partner's involved. Please, let me see this.

I'm also not talking about people that have people raving about how great they are because they like them, their mother tells them they are a computer wiz, etc. However, as people said, it's how old he said he was. However, and again, apparently he has a partner that's an adult. However this partnership works out (or not), could mean that maybe he's not technically or legally a partner, but apparently he's got some legal standing to run a company.
      0 Not allowed!

The matter is being solved.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by TimPD
    The matter is being solved.
    Which part? About why you sold a design you weren't supposed to, or the part where you said you were 35 when you just turned 16? There's a lot unanswered here. Not that it's any of my business, but I'm curious is all. You didn't respond to any of those issues brought up and if you do, it might help clear your name, if you care about that sort of thing.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Tim_Greer
    So name a few...
    Alex Kelm?

errr wait, nevermind...
      0 Not allowed!

why don't you guyd give him a break, he already has enough problems. I think this topic should be closed, I don't wanna see people arguing here
      0 Not allowed!

Give him a break cause I paid 300 for a Design I dont have and never have had posestion of , so I asked for a refund 2 days ago ..wow still no refund

I have keet this off any boards for the past day or so and I feel the public deserves to know what is going on .

If I could get my instant refund Like I have requested many times over the past several days this thing would have been over and never made it this far.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mythril
    why don't you guyd give him a break, he already has enough problems. I think this topic should be closed, I don't wanna see people arguing here
    This matter could have been solved long ago with a simple refund. THe only one prolonging the issue is Tim himself. If I was out a couple of hundred bucks I'd be really angry...perhaps even angry enough to use that little 'angry' smilie....there we go
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mythril
    why don't you guyd give him a break, he already has enough problems. I think this topic should be closed, I don't wanna see people arguing here:angry:
    If you don't want to see controversy, you should not get online. If you don't want problems, don't cause them (for example, not that you did). If you can't stand reading something, don't click on the link to the thread. Really, if this is true and he did this (I'm asking, I didn't saw he did, for the record), then what is it any of your business of what *you* want to see? People get themselves into a situation, they have to deal with it when it comes out to public view. If you can't deal with this, that's too bad, but you should probably just ignore the thread. Only *he* can give *him* a break. After all, if *he* brought this on himself. I really don't like seeing people bring up legitimate complaints, only to have people post "hey guy's, leave him alone, he has problems". We all have problems and I can sympathize with this, but let's be realistic here. Problems don't just come to you when it's convenient.
      0 Not allowed!

I have to agree whole heartedly with Tim Greer. If you have any self respect and would like other companies and people to provide you with respect and work with you on a daily basis because they know your a honest person and you say you are the person you tell them you are.

The kid is 16, not 33 as his ICQ details state. I have verified with more then 1 person about his age.

To get down to it, I did respect Tim when I first met him, specially when he attempted to "fix" the problem I had with Online Data Corp, I was ready and did send him a free copy of our WHNBilling just for his help. First off it was mind boggling that a MERCHANT COMPANY would allow anyone else into your account, so that was my first headhay about if he actually helped me out or not or just said "hey can you look into WHN's account" Does that deserve a $600 piece of software? Does telling someone that you alone fixed their account and brought it into good standing when all you did was call up someone that you knew at the company and asked to "look into it"?

After the fact, I brought up some simple questions like 'what exactly did you say to Online Data?", "how old are you" etc...

What really made my mind boggle was when I signed up though an affiliate link though Hostlizer, Tim saw this and was probably pissed off because of the residual income that they were to make off me had him kinking in the knees. I could see the same demeanor in him after he attempted to get Alan's post about Talkhost removed. Yet 3 months ago when Rackshack bought out WHT, he got up and started his own forums to attempt to bring over all the WHT members, it didnt work, as of today, there was only 45 members, not even enough people to call a community.

More then IM was "Im going to call ODC and tell them you signed up under me, and not Hostlizier." I flat out told him hell no.

You can see the type of character a person has just by how he carries himself, either in person or online.

To bring up the other fact that if you visit his website, it was actually the same person Winnie Ho that designed my website oc12hosting.com, If Tim is a so-called designer, it doesn't seem like he cares enough to make sure that his own website is designed by himself to show his true potential
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails age.jpg  
    Last edited by AlaskanWolf; 06-07-2002 at 09:43 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

So name a few... the majority of them do not. I don't personally know of any that are doing great, not out of all the kids that come here or any of the other places I've seen -- even though I see people claim this, I still don't see it.
    This is an excellent point. I know of one who started at 16 and sold for millions. But he also had a 20 year old helping.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast