Anyone able to get a reply from fdcservers.net

Anyone able to contact Patr and receive a reply?

Still have not got a reply from him since the email i send him on June 5, but all previous email he did reply very soon.

I tried ICQ him yesterday night but no reply yet.

If anyone know anything, please post here. Hope Patr is alright.
    :-)

I got a reply from him late last night to a message I sent yesterday. You might try sending it again.

OTOH, I've been waiting ~3.5 hours for a reboot today.

Yeah, must agree that things seem to be slow at fdc today. Requested an OS restore 5 hours ago so I can switch to Redhat 7.2 an LS 3.1. Took 4 hours for them to confirm they would do it and I got a very vague message stating it would happen 'sometime today'...

I wouldn't normally mind, but this could mean I might not be able to get my server web ready again till tomorrow evening my time as I live in Europe, I have to work tomorrow afternoon and there's this horrible time zone thingie going on. I may only host sites for free, but that still doesn't mean I like giving them 12 hours downtime.

Still, at least OS restore is free, so it's not all bad. And at least I got an answer, unlike with some hosting services.

Well around 3 or 4 days ago I emailed him about some questions about pricing info and some other stuff and did not get a responce back yet. The 2 day before since I do own a local small time computer store I enquired to him about reselling and got a responce back in about 2 hours which is pretty quick.I believe they only have low amount of staff on hand and since alot of people have signed up for there server since the pricing was low that the tech support is not as good as I would like it. Perhaps they should setup an option for priorty support. This have a plan how it is now and have an upgrade to faster support.The faster support would a monthly based fee or even per incident fee the fee depending on what needed to get done.This would get extra money so they could addition tech there. Or maybe find some tech that would do a commission based pay.This plan would work good with the per incident fee.

weird, when I posted the first msg, i sent him at least 2 email already
    -one to support and one to petr and no reply from any of them
    -but it was fine a couple of days ago

Maybe i'll try again or try with another email address to send him.

Yeah, it's only been this week they have been slow, at least with me. This is very unuasual for Petr. And yes, I do agree he might want to consider taking on somebody to help him with customer support and tech issues, but that's up to him.

The priority support thing wouldn't be such a bad idea, especially if it would be on a per incident basis. It's not that often I need their support, but when I do need it and it's urgent it would be more than acceptable to pay a few dollars and get a tech asap.

I also know the fdcservers site is being redesigned as Petr posted here looking for a designer. I hope they implement a trouble ticket system in their new site. It would look so much more professional than email and ICQ.

sorry everybody....our server was attacked and we got thousands emails just in 2 days ...we are still sifting from what is from customers and what is from the spam attack...server is secured now so it shouldn`t happen again

thx for your patience

Me is so happy to hear that. Hope you get everything back to normal soon

Well,

I inquired about a server on tuesday, ordered that day and got it on wednesday (2am... guess who stayed up late? ). And so far so good....

Well, other than the initial delay today things seem to be back to normal today. No complaints here!

yep
    all back to the EXCELLENT service again which we ALL LOVE

great work
    :-)

And I got my OS restore done too and it didn't take them long either

but no response at all for about 2 weeks ... when i asked about my refund ... not sure whether the money has been credited back to my credit card ...

at least they should inform me on what's the status ... -- sigh

I also sent some sales questions a few times, and have yet to recieve any replies. Not a good sign to me....
    Old man of the hosting world..

I signed up for their 1gb remote storage space to test their network before moving on to a dedicated solution but it is being plagued by either no access or extremely slow access most of the time. In fact, there were only a few instances in which I could access the files on the site either by FTP or HTTP.

I wrote to Petr via email and ICQ but have not heard from him for close to 2 weeks.

I did inquire about costing for dedicated hosting but have not heard from him. I guess they must be really busy.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Yes, me too. I emailed Petr before, he replied fast. But recently, I can't see his reply anymore. Even I said I would like to order a dedicated server from him. It let me re-think whether to go with them or not.