Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rejected for being 13

HAH! I bet you thought i was really 13, eh?

Nah. Awhile back I filled out an application for a secure credit card. You know one of them cc's where you pay a sec. deposit, and they give you a cc "guaranteed" -- from capital one anyway.

Today i got my application back, and i was rejected, apparently because i'm 13 years old.

They said i was declined because i was under the minimum age.

I was very pissed off, wondering, well If 18 isn't good enough, WHAT is the minimum age?

i called in explained my situation, they said well it says here you were born in 1989.....

I just laughed and told her No, that is a mistake. I WAS born in 1984, not 1989. I am 18, not 13.

*sigh*

i was pissed off becuase i've been looking forward to this CC. I didn't pay to get rejected.

The lady from capital one apologized, and said someone must of made a typo and that they are going to re-submit my application now and i'll hear from them in a week. Phew.

Thank god.

i was very disappointed to see that letter
    but things are looking better now

hope i get it.

IMO, credit cards are the devil. Unfortunately they are essential if one plans to do any business over the internet.

CREDIT CARDS ARE EVIL.....

Trust me.
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>

Credit cards are essential to building your credit history. Just be sure to use them wisely.

I agree with Eric. They are very important.

They are still evil.

And be VERY sure to use the wisely..
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>

Credit cards are a powerful tool when used wisely, but Capital One, on the other hand, is evil.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

credit cards are excellent.
    i have a capital one card, the one with lightening on it lol, nearly got the england germany 5 : 1 one. also a barclay visa card and a hsbc mastercard and a mnba goldcard. theyre just about essential these days if you work with the net. plus theyre fine if you use them sensibly. and argue you rate down now and again when youve been a good boy. the only problem with capital one is theyre a pain to pay. hsbc is paid by bank transfer over the web as is the barclay card.
    --
    Rich

I'm fine with having credit cards... I make sure I monitor my spending and avoid giving in to temptations.

Back when I was in college, and had no job, they gave 'em out to anyone (I'm sure they still do). So with absolutely no income and a few cards, I had over $75,000 worth of credit. Not a good thing...

Needless to say, I screwed that up pretty bad... bought a car on the card -one swipe, here you go...

Now I'm better but if you don't have income, be *very* careful...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Originally posted by ToastyX
    Credit cards are a powerful tool when used wisely, but Capital One, on the other hand, is evil.
    Remember when capital one advertised their Capital Commerical with one of those ghouls chasing the poor guy just for not having a Capital One card.

Yes, evil, evil evil.

I work in a bank.

Credit Cards are evil
    Jim

Originally posted by Chicken
    So with absolutely no income and a few cards, I had over $75,000 worth of credit.
    That reminds me, I need to get my credit limit increased -- I'm only about $50 away from it right now.

Of course, that's entirely temporary, since I just bought my plane tickets back home for the summer, and I haven't gotten around to paying for them yet. Still, it would be quite embarassing if I find I can't buy something because of that, and it's been over a year since they last increased my credit limit anyway.
    Dr. Colin Percival, FreeBSD Security Officer
    Online backups for the truly paranoid: http://www.tarsnap.com/

cc's are fine!

It's the lack of will power and the urge to own something on a whim that is the problem.. and unfortunately that is a problem that probably 90% of us have or have had in the past.

Credit card debt is a huge problem..

Phil

The Forum Directory

Get a debit card - much safer than a cc because it helps to prevent running up charges in the red.

I'm the most impulsive spender, and a cc would mean credit death for me...that reminds me, I have to go buy that wacom graphics tablet i've been wanting

Using credit cards wisely is very important. I have a friend who had is credit ruined by returning a video game rental 3 months late. The store owner forwarded the account to collections.

I had a good laugh, but my friend did not.

I prefer the debit card, myself... credit cards only get you into trouble...

- James

I think it would be wise for schools to spend more time on everyday financial matters in the curriculum. You get out of high school and all of a sudden you have 4 credit cards in your wallet and hardly any knowledge of the power and madness this can create
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

Originally posted by RotoHost
    I think it would be wise for schools to spend more time on everyday financial matters in the curriculum. You get out of high school and all of a sudden you have 4 credit cards in your wallet and hardly any knowledge of the power and madness this can create
    mods...please delete this
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

Credit cards are a great way to leverage money. Unfortunately, people get caught in the CC trap and don't use them in a way that's beneficial. Being able to purchase something, then float the cost of that purchase for a month without paying any interest can be extremely powerful. It's a great way to resell things like computer hardware, as long as you make sure the balance is paid off completely every billing period.

Originally posted by WoodShedd
    Using credit cards wisely is very important. I have a friend who had is credit ruined by returning a video game rental 3 months late. The store owner forwarded the account to collections.

I had a good laugh, but my friend did not.
    Sounds like Gord to me.
    what is all this now?

it sucks that you need a CC if you want to do business online, or buy things onlien *sigh*

e.g. dedicated servers

lol jim not sure why u want that deleting, its a valid point, kids could do with learning a few more life skills including credit cards.
    lol and heed the word of chicken, when you are at uni you get credit thrown at you big style, its very flattering the bank think your ass is worth £50k but in reality its worth about 10 quid a go credit is a tool, use it right and youll end up good. abuse it and its a nightmare. personally i like the security, and the flexability, two months interest free is nice cos its an interest free 2 month loan so you can spread cost etc. lets face it there will always be idiots, they will always find a was to prove they are idiots, we shouldnt get rid of plastic because of it. hell i nearly bought an xkr but i couldnt decide between jag racing green and caddilac red, woke up the next morning sobered up and asked myself wtf planet i was on thinking i could afford it just cos i had the credit too. remember rule the cards dont let em rule you.
    --
    Rich

Avoid credit cards. There are other ways to build your credit without them. For example believe it or not but gas cards build your credit. Car loans build your credit, paying your phone bill builds your credit. There are lots of ways to not have a credit card and still get good credit. I wish I would have know that when i was 18. ;-) Live and learn I guess.

Originally posted by phpjames
    Avoid credit cards. There are other ways to build your credit without them. For example believe it or not but gas cards build your credit. Car loans build your credit, paying your phone bill builds your credit. There are lots of ways to not have a credit card and still get good credit. I wish I would have know that when i was 18. ;-) Live and learn I guess.
    wtf
    i always thought you were 14
    lol

clocker,
    nah thats just the age I like to act. Im actally close to ten full years past that pimple faced age of 14. ;-)

14 ---- two sizes bigger than my shoe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast