hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Computers and Peripherals : USPS Shipping - Please help

Forum Jump

USPS Shipping - Please help

Reply Post New Thread In Computers and Peripherals Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 06:48 AM
Junior Guru

USPS Shipping - Please help

Hi All,

I am from India.I have a friend in US Sandigeo and he have sent a laptop through USPS and that left US on 13th May 2006 as per tracking Id.But unfortunately this is only available as per tracking info.That is a registered post.

Thing is that I have not yet received that and it is around 3 months now.Any one know what is next step?.How long it will take to reach India from US? or some one steal it on the way?.Please help me ,I am very eager

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Retired Moderator

If it's been 3 months then something has gone amiss. If it was airmail they normally arrive within 5-6 days. I am in Australia and regularly get eBay purchases from the USA. Can't recall one that was sent via airmail taking longer than 10 days.

Mobile Mechanic Darwin

IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Security Ninja

Did your friend have insurance on the Laptop?

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I recommend not going through the postal for international shipments. Try going UPS or another major carrier of somesort. They are privately labeled and usually alot more secure.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:45 AM

Actually, depending on just how your friend sent the laptop, i.e. surface mail, then 3 months would be right on target. Since you have the tracking ID, you need to go to www.usps.gov, and fill out a PS form 1510 Mail loss and Rifling Report. If your friend sent the laptop with Insurance, he can go to the local post office and file a claim. The US Postal Service take a very dim view on mail fraud.

As mentioned above, the usps only has control of mail on US carriers, once the mail enters a international system, it becomes another issue.

Last edited by shaglaptop; 08-11-2006 at 10:48 AM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
AT&T Bandwidth Sponsorship Goes Against Net Neutrality: Experts Web Hosting News 2014-01-08 13:28:23
Website Publishing Platform Squarespace Integrates E-Commerce Shipping Solution Web Hosting News 2013-11-27 16:23:36
Interview: Loaded Commerce CEO Salvatore Iozzia at HostingCon Whir Tv 2013-10-05 03:43:35
CyrusOne Server Containment Units Boost Cooling Efficiency, Security, Privacy Web Hosting News 2012-09-18 15:49:19
Shopping Cart Software Ecwid Adds Social Sharing, Improves Shipping Module with Version 11 Web Hosting News 2012-07-03 13:33:29