Show WHT Member IPs

I think this forum would be a lot cleaner if IPs were displayed in the posts. Is there a reason they're not? Would WHT owner or staff comment please; along with anyone with preferences one way or the other?

*grabbing some snacks and waitng
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Vienna, Austria
    Well it could help to see if someone is posting testemonials for themselves but on the other hand if you think of numerous free proxy's it aint such a big deal to fake the posts.

I dont have anything against showing IP's ( ok if you have a dedicated IP, someone could possibly attack you, but 80% have firewalls )

Dayton, Ohio
    I remember originally the IPs were messed up here, that could have been the reason they were removed....

But I think IPs being shown again would of course remove some of the anonimity of the forums but it give more accountablity to the poster.....

Southern California
    IPs have been shown and not shown at least once (meaning I can't recall if they were shown/not shown more than once). It was decided that IPs would be hidden, I believe by vote of the members, or at least based on member input to have them hidden.

Know that when I see a post that looks a bit I always run the IPs and do lookups of the URL to see if the IPs are coming from the same place as the URL, etc. This surely isn't a perfect system, but I have caught quite a few.

If you see something that looks report it and I'll check up on it. I don't generally remove posts unless I'm sure there's something fishy. I won't ban a member unless I'm 100% sure (there was once where I banned someone and I was 99% ). If it is questionable, it is left and we wait to catch them next time. - Where professionals discuss web hosting.