Thumbs up Shopping for New Web Host

I am shopping for a new web host for 3 small (no database, no video, no audio) web pages: www.idcwi.com www.kartechmotorsports.com, www.executivemotorcoach.net
    (take a look at em if ya like)

What I am looking for after being HAD by AfHosting (should be AF HOSERS) is this:

1) reliable Email service with at least 15 POP3 email accounts per web domain

2) Some type of uptime % guarantee. (Less than 2 hours a month downtime would be ideal)

3) A company that has been around for a while and will not go under next week.

4) At least 10mb storage for each account

5) Price aims to be less than $40 a month per account

Please Share Good experiences with hosts meeting these criteria.

Thanks !
    Kurt

You should be able to get something for a lot less than $40. Just stay away from hosts offering unlimited bandwidth, or crazy prices ($15 a year rings a bell), and before you sign up send them an email and see if they respond quickly. Not to mention search for them here before you sign up for any negative comments, and you should be fine.

Recommendations? If you want hosts to respond to your request, as otherground said post in the requests forum. I can recommend VO, as we are a customer of theirs though not for hosting and have been extremely happy with their quick service, and I used to have a web hosting account with them in the past.
    Last edited by avara; 06-07-2002 at 11:36 PM.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

The world's your oyster with those stats. In a world now where people are shopping for everything for next to nothing, your requirements make you as close to a perfect customer as they come - I'm sure any host here will agree. Take some time and go a good search of this board and pick the one that would best suit your needs. Come up with a shortlist and ask for people's opinions. That should shorten the list of recommendations you'll recieve.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

spitznerk,

I can recommend my current web host to you. It has all you have asked, although I am not sure how long they have been around -- I am guessing longer than a year (Hopefully Jedito -- a regular poster here and who runs it can verify that). They have OUTSTANDING customer service. It's very personal and quick.

Visit their website. It's called DownTownHost . They have several hosting plans you can choose from. Most of them under $40 per month. If you'd like, do a search on WHT. You'll find there are a lot of good comments about this host.

If you want more info from a customer, PM me. I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Jessica
    --- To Err is Human ... And Don't You Forget It---

Check out ICUServices.com

They're amazing!
    They're not a RackShack customer selling web hosting service (like majority of the people posting offers in the web hosting forum!)

They have quality hardware and bandwidth (non cogent/rackshack).

You can't go wrong with them.
    I'm a customer of their's. Very pleased with their service!

http://www.icuservices.com/

Originally posted by aingaran
    Check out ICUServices.com

They're amazing!
    They're not a RackShack customer selling web hosting service (like majority of the people posting offers in the web hosting forum!)

They have quality hardware and bandwidth (non cogent/rackshack).

You can't go wrong with them.
    I'm a customer of their's. Very pleased with their service!

http://www.icuservices.com/
    Whats wrong with RackShack & Cogent? I am just curious you didnt state any reasons why. RackShack has a very solid network, take a look at all their providers, you will see that cogent is only one out of 5 or 6. Hosting companys that know what they are doing have servers at rackshack are just as good as lets say a company who has servers at a provider such as rackspace etc.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

IF you don't need email on each account, look for a 50 MB account that offers subdomains and multi-domain hosing. You can set up a script (if the host doesn't provide you with one) to redirect requests for each domain to the proper directory.

check out www.hostnexus.com they have all the stuff you listed at a great price there basic package has the things u listed and is only like $35 a year.
    -:::Vortex Interactive Studios:::-
    www.vortexinteractive.com.au
    [email protected]