What about a nocster

ar it good for web hosting

I think.. and I may be wrong - (Aussie Bob feel free to correct me - I'm going off with my opinions again :-)

that Nocster have just about the best pricing on CPanel/WHM in the universe and from what i hear, their service is no worse than anyone elses, in fact I see their server set up times are great (judging by posts by nocster staff)

I can't recommend them first hand just yet..... but maybe I will soon.... anyone got any first hand experience?

i got a server there,

the setup was late ... so they upgraded my server to an unbelievable config (double from my initial order).... ;-)

and their support is fantastic ... 24 hours online on their AIM ...
    and they help me in a very professional way.

Seeing how I know Matt and Nick on a personal level and trust them both. When nocster opened I picked up a server knowing it would be in good hands. Here I am 5 days or so later and not one issue. Matt has been a big help. All my domains have been transfered and quite frankly the speeds are superb. Matt sat down with me on AIM for the past week answering questions. He wasn't all about the sale. He wanted to make sure I would be happy. Support has been top notch. Haven't had any major issues to use support. But I called one day to ask questions regarding their network. So my conclusion is nocster is great and has potential to meet or exceed rackshack in every way.

I just spoke to Jason on AIM, I personally like to be able to do that with a company - Looking all good for nocster at the mo..

Originally posted by Dotcomsnz
    I think.. and I may be wrong - (Aussie Bob feel free to correct me - I'm going off with my opinions again :-)
    I just phoned your wife. She read it and said it was ok.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Smile

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

I just phoned your wife. She read it and said it was ok.

LOL

Damnit!! I Knew there was someone else!!

My fault for being here too long

i place an order with them on thursday. Haven't got any confirmation back from email. I called on Friday morning, a guy said "oh, your server will be ready by this afternoon" Wait till Sat morning, nothing yet, call in, after being tranfering around, one guy said " oh, sorry, i don't see any order under your name" keep waiting... ok, i wait... Sat afternoon call in, a guy there said: " all sale people going home now, and I am leaving now too so, i can't help you. Call back Monday or call in later. Ok..late Sat night, email in again, meet this David guy, he told me "oh, the builder will come later...maybe one of the new machine is your." I order one of their close out dedicate, and they need to build a new one for close out?

I sent out at least 6 email to them, 3 open support tickets(Nocster ID#122606,122622,122778) and NONE of them got answer regarding the status of my order. Not consider ticket ID#122606 got drop out like it never exist.

So until now, Sunday afternoon, i still haven't get any reply back from Nocster regarding my order. What kind of business are they doing here?
    Last edited by Bubble; 06-09-2002 at 02:15 PM.

Bubble, let us know how you go on with this,

Cheers

well there prices are tempting but the thing that detracts from signing up for there services for me , is the upgrade prices are monthly fees (hard drives , ram...etc )

Isnt it just BurstNet doing business under this name too?
    John
    http://www.zurax.com
    http://www.jwshosting.com

i just email them and cancel it since it take too long for this.

buble:

should wait and see what kind of upgrade they are going to give you ... seriouslly they upgrade mine much higher than my initial order.

Last edited by HostJedi; 06-10-2002 at 04:40 AM.

Upgrades as monthly fees

I personally have a little difficult time with this approach which is followed by both Rackshack and Burstnet/Nocster. However, really all we as consumers have to do is evaluate the total pricing and decide if we are willing to pay. How a company gets there is not something we can control.

Also, I do understand some of the logic, both present and past. Initially, this practice started as providers didn't feel they could pass the full cost on at setup time. However, now it is somewhat a usage hedge. The logic is that as one upgrades the server, they are more likely to use a larger percentage of the resources. Example....someone who has a server with 1 GB Ram, 2 x 36 SCSI Hard Drives is likely to utilize more bandwidth than someone who purchases 256 MB Ram, 1 x 20 GB EDI Hard Drive.

I'm still waiting to see if they add a good bandwidth provider to the plan. I wouldn't go with nocster yet, as my understanding is that it is mostly cogent with some QWEST bandwidth.

Whats the difference between them and Burstnet?
    John
    http://www.zurax.com
    http://www.jwshosting.com

Originally posted by venomx
    Whats the difference between them and Burstnet?
    price and I think bandwith options they use

Incognito : good theroy there I guess , but I know I would rather pay a higher 1 time fee, that's just my personal prefrence.

Originally posted by BurstNET
    email me your ticket # or name on the order, to [email protected], and I'll see what the delay is.
    Parts are in stock, and most NOCSTER machines are setup within 2 hours, so maybe there is a problem specific to this order. Regardless I'll get to the bottom of it for you, and make sure it gets set up immediately. I'll await your email.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    Email Sent.

Please let us know if they make up for the trouble you have had.
    "Everyone's gone home and I am too" - well I thought maybe one member of staff would work an extra 10 mins to help you.

Well personally I was waiting for a answer from them since we plan in have 1-2 servers in different providers..still waiting for answer tho !

FYI,

support is extremely good during weekdays ... but looks like nobody is working on the weekend ... maybe i am wrong ...

but i am still a happy Nocster customer ...

Thumbs up

After Sean take the matter on his hand, everything went through now. He offer me to a regular Nocster server instead of the closed out unit i orginialy order.

I got my server this afternoon. Thanks Sean.

Regards,

Originally posted by chrisb
    I'm still waiting to see if they add a good bandwidth provider to the plan. I wouldn't go with nocster yet, as my understanding is that it is mostly cogent with some QWEST bandwidth.
    I agree. I'd also like to test the network speed of Nocster. Any IP or test file to download?

I will hold my opinions and post a few facts:

Since, according to their webpage this is managed hosting, I submited a trouble ticket on 6/2 requesting addition of some apache modules...mod_gzip, mod_perl etc

Trouble ticket 121297
    Ticket opened 6/2/02
    No reply until 6/10/02

"There is a charge to update those, as they are classifieds as nonstandard support. If you want us to do them... it will incur a charge of 65.00/hr."

My reply on 6/10/02
    "I am very disappointed that you chose to respond to an 8 day old support
    request by attempting to extort money from me for something that should have
    been included anyway. I thought this was managed hosting? You guys offer
    worse support than rackshack. No I do not wish to for you to do them."

Next Email I received
    "I am taking care of this for you. You will recieve another e-mail once it has been completed."

And the Next Email I received
    "apache failed @ Mon Jun 10 17:37:13 2002. A restart was attempted
    automagicly."

The changes that were made were not successful. All the sites on this server were unreachable.

They took a server that was working and in production, made changes after they were instructed not to, and closed the ticket as completed without even checking to see if the server was up.

I did submit a ticket to have the problem fixed. After about an hour without a response (other than automated) or resolution, I fixed the problem myself and changed passwords.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

I know nothing about you support incident, however
    "apache failed @ Mon Jun 10 17:37:13 2002. A restart was attempted automagicly"

is a cpanel auto-message, and may have nothing to do with upgrades whatsoever.

I can assure you, our staff would not perform an Apache upgrade on a server, without testing to make sure httpd was working after they were finished.

Sean R.
    BurstNET

If you want to contact me directly I can put the file back that they broke and you can test it for yourself. I didn't say that it was the only indication that something was broke, but simply that it was the next email that I received. The log files revealed that a segmentation fault was occuring each time a request was made of the server.

I can assure you they did make a change...httpd was running...it just wasn't working correctly.

automagicly
    Is this just misspelled in CPanel? Or does it mean something important?

- James

I always thought it was a play on the word "magicaly"