Site Content wanted, free hosting in Return.

Here is an offer that will help you learn and give you the chance to have your website hosted for free for a year.

I need some content on my hosting website that is hosting related, ie questions about hosting, hosting software, setting up your website, anything that is realated to hosting and answers about hosting and the above.

The first person to post 150 posts by the 30th June will get their website hosted free for a year.

There will be only one winner.

100 meg website with 1 gig of bandwidth.

not a big offer but you can learn as you answer or you can help others as you post questions.

site

www.hostnuclear.com

we have a message forum setup and ready to go.
    register today.

I think you should focus on a new design first...

But on topic, I don't see how this could possibly work out. I'm probably wrong, but just my opinion.

I *know* this isn't the Website Reviews forum, but...
    IMO, your design is okay, but I didn't like the un-antialiased version of your logo.

So I made a few improvements, hope you like it

PS: I have the .png file; If you want it, post a reply, pm me, or send me an email.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hostnuclear_logo.gif  

nice work!

lets.pretend

I hadn't noticed to be honest, but your right the logo on my website is a bit scratchy, the website hostnuclear is a business I took over recently, so the design was not my doing, but its not too bad really.

you have cleaned that up nicely, hey did you notice its been downloaded 3 times already, not me I only just found it, I wonder why anybody else would want a graphic from my website.

edit( oh as pointed out, only looked at, not downloaded, Nadav you took a lot of space to tell me this lol.)

anyways that one is your property and I haven't downloaded it but could use it, what do you want for it? if you do design why not put a link in my message forum, I am gaining a few customers and have about 5 customers from another small hosting setup I have and some of them may require graphic work, so you never know.

I will be directing all my customers to hostnuclear for the message forum which will act as a second line of support, support will be the main emphasis of my business plan.

got to go this weekend my business should be getting some national tv coverage if I am lucky at a local bmx demo we are running.

bye.

[email protected]
    Last edited by digitalhost; 06-07-2002 at 07:52 PM.

Re: nice work!

Originally posted by hostcp3
    lets.pretend

I hadn't noticed to be honest, but your right the logo on my website is a bit scratchy, the website hostnuclear is a business I took over recently, so the design was not my doing, but its not too bad really.

you have cleaned that up nicely, hey did you notice its been downloaded 3 times already, not me I only just found it, I wonder why anybody else would want a graphic from my website.

anyways that one is your property and I haven't downloaded it but could use it, what do you want for it? if you do design why not put a link in my message forum, I am gaining a few customers and have about 5 customers from another small hosting setup I have and some of them may require graphic work, so you never know.

I will be directing all my customers to hostnuclear for the message forum which will act as a second line of support, support will be the main emphasis of my business plan.

got to go this weekend my business should be getting some national tv coverage if I am lucky at a local bmx demo we are running.

bye.

[email protected]
    When it says it has been downloaded 3 times it means it has been viewed 3 times, not actually "downloaded" in the.. saving it to the hard drive meaning.

hostcp3 / HostNuclear >>
    anyways that one is your property and I haven't downloaded it but could use it, what do you want for it?
    Nothing. Being nice to others is free in my little world
    It's your property. I won't bother giving copyright lectures right now, but trust me: legally it's yours. However, if the copyright laws don't make it yours (most unlikely), I will: It's yours now

By the way, do you want the .png file?

a pleasant change

lets.pretend

cool I will take up you kind offer for sure, I have a message forum at www.hostnuclear.com where you can put a link in webdesign if you wish.

oh, the .png file would be good to have, but its an extension I don't have a program for unless adobe photo deluxe opens it.

the name hostnuclear has me thinking, what do people think about the name, I took over this name and really I don't want to offend.

My original business is www.hostcp3.com and even though bland it will stand well in a professional arena I would think.

and I wondered if hostnuclear conjured up thoughts of death and destruction?

would appreciate some feedback, thanks.

[email protected]

I don't think Adobe Photo Deluxe will open it correctly. Adobe Photoshop does open it, but it's with one layer only. So if it's a .gif or .png (Macromedia Fireworks file extension) shouldn't really matter to Adobe Photo Deluxe.

About the name "HostNuclear": It doesn't bring me to thinking death & destruction, but you might consider a change. Or perhaps changing the nuclear explosion with an atom will do the trick?

What I meant was the windows logo and icons throughout the site, but that's alright

I appreciate feedback!

R.K.****

your point about the windows logo, would they be ok to use do you think? the last thing I need is microsoft coming down on me about the website.

lets.pretend

your a great help, I think the mushroom has to go, I thought it looked like a part of the male anatomy to be honest, an atom in there would look so much better, I will see what I can come up with.

Free Hosting for a year.

looks like nobody is going to take up my offer of the free hosting, so I will change the rules.

100 posts relevant to hosting and website design etc, and the time is not limited, post a message when you can and answer some questions when you can and you might just end up with free hosting.

the site www.hostnuclear.com

Hostcp3 / HostNuclear>>
    It has a na´ve touch to it, I know, but I've made a new version of the logo. Again, this logo is totally yours.

Maybe someone will come to rescue me by saying "No, it's not na´ve, simple maybe"

Put it on your site and let's see if it could work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hostnuclear_logo1.gif  

lets.pretend

hey that is better than what I could do, I thought about re-doing the logo but I have a youth weekend coming up and just don't have the time to do everything.

besides I am not a proffesional artist.

I thankyou sincerely for the effort and will upload it right now if that's ok by you?

youth weekend...........

we take away some youth and try to offer them friendship and show an interest in them and what they do, there into bmx and so are we.

I have a site www.bmxoz.com check out some of the excellent riders we have in our area.

give me about 30 minutes and I will upload that graphic.

atomhost. lol

Hell, I'm no pro either
    I'd very much like to see how ithe logo fits into your site.
    we take away some youth and try to offer them friendship and show an interest in them and what they do, there into bmx and so are we.
    Sounds like a good way to spend a weekend.

your logo

lets.pretend

I have your design on the main pages now, I had to change to height of the logo from 40 pixels to 43 to get the line to line up.

I haven't changed it for the message forum yet, the logo is in there but as you can see I haven't changed the size for that location yet, will have to wait.

appreciate your help will talk to you next week, a good weekend it will be, but I have been working at this for a year just to get one weekend of trust.

atomhost. lol.

I've added 3 extra pixels to the height of the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hostnuclear_logo1.gif