Laptop Modem Issue

Hey WHT,
    I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Latitude C610 Pentium 3 laptop. It came loaded with Windows 2000 pro and it ran nice. I just need it as a temporary computer until I get a new one for college. We decided to upgrade to XP, and the XP installatoin went great. I installed my AOL on there but when I try to dial, it does not detect a modem. I am assuming that I need to install the modem but I have no idea what the heck that means. Any suggestions as to what I should do what would be greatly apprecieated.

Mike

Hi

Hi Dude install Astra 32 and find out what the modem name and model is and search on driver guide then when u have it
    if there is an setup.exe run that if not got to contol panel-->>system-->>Hardware-->> Device manager and find the modem and click update and make it look at the location where you have saved the driver for it.
    Mattspchelp.co.uk Helping the pc community

If you go to the Dell website, under support there are a load of driver self-extracting exes to download. Grab the one (grab them all) for your laptop and try with that.

Thanks gbjbaanb, I forgot to update this thread and let you all know that corrected. What you suggested was exactly what I ended up doing. I am not happily sitting on my laptop in Starbucks.

5. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!