Unhappy WHM and DNS <-- newbie alarm

hey guys and ladies!
    I am new to this reseller thing so my apologies if my question seems dumb as could be.

I set up a new name based (non-ip) account using WHM for one of my sites (my first time) and it worked just fine. I have ns.mydomain.com and the IP for it. My question is how do I go about setting ns2.mydomain.com and an IP for that account.

just to be clear, it is not the master account, it's a new account added using my reseller WHM

thanks

Hmmm

I am a bit confused by your question. If it is a new account you are adding or one you have sold then all you do is create the account in WHM. Tell the customer to go where they registered their name and point the domain to your name servers. ns1 and ns2.

Thats it.

This is not a slam on you in anyway so do not take it wrong it is aimed at bunches of post I see from new resellers

Don't the guys you are reselling for answer these questions? I see lots of post like this here and just wonder if the host is not taking care of the reseller or if the reseller is asking here first instead of asking their provider.

Monte

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Monte
    I am a bit confused by your question. If it is a new account you are adding or one you have sold then all you do is create the account in WHM. Tell the customer to go where they registered their name and point the domain to your name servers. ns1 and ns2.

I am aware that they will bepointed to my ns1 and ns2, my question is pecifically towards the IPs associated with ns1 and ns2. does it make it clearer?

when I create a new account, it get an IP associated with ns1 but nothing for ns2 that is where I am having issues.

thanks

[edit] I am new at this reselling thing, I have already bugged my host a couple of times this week and even today. when I asked about this, I was told to check my welcome e-mail that's when I asked here[/edit]

Have you registered your nameservers at your registrar with those IP addresses?
    Hosting Your Ideas!
    ZeonHost.com

yep

so if I understand right, my customers use my nameservers with my IP adresses?

example:
    if my stuff is:
    www.mydomain.com
    ns1.mydomain.com 1.1.1.1
    ns2.mydomain.com 1.1.1.2

my customer would get
    www.theirdomain.com
    ns1.mydomain.com 1.1.1.1
    ns2.mydomain.com 1.1.1.2

if that is the case, then why does WHM assign a # IP for ns1 to my customers?

Yes, that is correct. Your customers use your nameservers. You must register the nameservers at your domain registrar using the IP addresses your reseller has assigned you.
    Hosting Your Ideas!
    ZeonHost.com

OK makes it a bit more clear

what happens is all name based sites get put on one IP the main one for the server. When WHM creates and account it list only ns1 as the nameserver that account is created on the ns2 is a secondary backup name server. So all your customer has to do is go to the name register point their domain to ns1.yournameserver.net and ns2.yournameserver.net. Then in a about 48 to 72 hours their site will work as it should.

Nothing more you need to do than create the account.

Monte

thanks a lot

thank you all for your help.. I got it after one day of errors and trials.

I was set on the wrong path because of the info on the "edit DNS zone" that showed the rignt nameservers (mine) and the Physical server's IP...

it's all good. YOu guys rock