* Is there still room for one more web hoster?

With the plethora of Web Hosters out there, is there still room for any more? For any of you long time hosters, has new signups gone down within the past year or so because there are so many other companies in your market?

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------
    James Cornman <[email protected]

sure why not?

I'm wondering if the demand is still there?

seems that one or two close up shop each week and/or have a major technical blow up that they were unprepared for, causing clients to look elsewhere.

So join the fray.

While there are a lot of new hosts, there are an almost equal amount leaving the field. A company built on solid business practices and good personnel will more likely than not be successful.

There's always place for a company with friendly support, affordable prices and great services

There is definitely room if you have something special or extra to offer to stand you apart from everyone else.

Originally posted by mwatkins
    seems that one or two close up shop each week and/or have a major technical blow up that they were unprepared for, causing clients to look elsewhere.

So join the fray.
    I'd say lots of people get into this field without knowing half of what's needed in terms of techinical knowledge, business pratices, etc.

Not as easy as it seems sometimes.

There is always room, as long as your not one of the people that ask questions like: "I want to make money really quickly, so I decided to start a hosting company, What do I need to host a site???"

"I want to make money really quickly, so I decided to start a hosting company, What do I need to host a site???"

Yeah.heh

Originally posted by mlip129
    There is always room, as long as your not one of the people that ask questions like: "I want to make money really quickly, so I decided to start a hosting company, What do I need to host a site???"
    If that's what you're after, then go create a bunch of fake auctions on ebay and steal people's money. Ok just joking.

Think theres a market for forum hosting? Using either vBulletin or XMB Forum (the free look alike to vBulletin). Got plenty of knowledge in the field...just wondering if its worth the time. Not really out for a quick buck, just something to interesting to do and give back to society (professionally)

The only "problem" with forum hosting is that you want be able to play the "number games" with customers, = they will use all their bandwidht so you want be able to offer 20 GB 300 MB deal for 7,99 $ ( forum hosting = adult hosting , if we consider bandwidht usage)

Is there room in hosting still? Absolutely. I don't believe there are too many markets that you cannot successfully start a company if you have the mind for it (and also the capital).

There are a lot of hosting companies out there, this is true. However, many of them are not advertising or are looking for cheap and quick ways to get clients. This does not work. There are a two things that seperate one host from another:

1. Quality of Service
    2. Current Client Base.

If you have good service and a decent size base (1000+ clients), advertising is not necessary. Your clients will help you grow by recommending you to other people who need hosting. If you are just starting, you need to advertise, advertise, advertise. It does not all have to be paid ads, but you need to get your name out there. If you do, you'll get clients. And if you have good service, you'll continue to get more clients.