Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best live chat service

What service is the best? Humanclick, phplive and all the others. Which one is really the best?

HumanClick

Check out clickchatsold

It is fantastic you can see when people are online, or when they come back online etc etc. Helped us close SO many sales. And whats better it is free.
    HostHeadQuarters.com
    Reliable Hosting
    Great Support

ClickChatSold, is very good from a customer stand point. However i dont know anything about the Admin interface.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

HumanClick / LivePerson

I would have to agree with HumanClick/LivePerson.

I would go with ClickChatSold, we have used them before... Exceptional service..
    Nirav S. - [email protected]
    Administrator
    Pulse Host - Advanced Hosting Solutions
    http://www.pulsehost.com

HumanClick is so expensive now. I can't pay a per month fee and also per operator. Anyone know where to get it cheaper?

I have recently installed ClickChatSold and I have to say after having used the free version of Human Click in the past I am very impressed with ClickChatSold. I would recommend giving this a try 1st since it is free.

Do all operators use the same login + username for CCS ? (and different screen names)?

It appears the same log in but differnet screen names.

For the past few days that we have been using CCS, it has been great....

Little OT: We have been getting a "Server Down" error all day when we try to connect. Anyone else having this problem?

I just started getting server down messages within the last hour on CCS but it has been working great all day. I hope it returns to service soon!

But then again it is Free so I can't complain too much

True HD... That is why I am somewhat worried. It is costing someone money. If they charged $3 or $4 a month (don't get me wrong, I like it being free) it would help them out and we would still be getting a great product, especially since there are no ads...

That was really off-topic

I had a chat with the developer today and he is just about to launch this as a pay service with more reliability. He does not have the business model completely figured out yet but they are looking at taking on resellers and even having resellers host the server. I am waiting to see how that plays out but it sounds promising.

I like the service a lot and I am more than willing to pay a reasonable monthly fee to ensure continued reliability. This program beats anything I have ever seen before.

Correct I spoke with Kenny yesterday also. They are going to be offering reseller deal among many other things. Unfortuantely for most of us the service is ran on windows so if we deicde to host it we will need a windows box. They will be charging fees soon. But Kenny told me no more than 20$ per month. You will be allowed unlimited operators but only 3 consecutive operator logins at one time. Even at 20$ a month I'll be happy with it as long as their server stops going down. He also assured me that all pay accounts will be placed on a faster and better dedicated server. So this should fix downtime issues.

Hmmm

no for $20 a month I will have to pass. I use it and would be willing to pay a small amount $5.00 or so for the service.

I did find something out on the lastest code last night. When their server goes down my web pages take up to 2 minutes to load. I had to remove the Click chat sold code from my pages in order to make my site usable. Once the server came back I added it back in and all was find. But even with it up the lastest code seems to add to my load times. This did not happen with the old code. Not sure I can use a service that takes my site down if his goes down.

For $20 a month I will go with Live Chat or buy Php chat it has more features any way.

Monte

Free: Click Chat Sold
    Paid: Human Click

Yes when their site goes down my site barely loads also. I think I may buy phplive. It is feature rich and a one time 100$ fee.

Originally posted by NixHosting
    Yes when their site goes down my site barely loads also. I think I may buy phplive. It is feature rich and a one time 100$ fee.
    NixHosting,
    If you are talking about PHPLiveSupport then READ THE SMALL PRINT before you buy it. The $99.95 is NOT a one time fee for purchase, it is a yearly license fee. Their site is very misleading

Well even 100$ per year beats the human click 100$ per month. Any other good services out that are good priced?

go with php live support

I have used php live support and also php is much faster. More features. www.phplivesupport.com

Re: go with php live support

Originally posted by tylerk
    I have used php live support and also php is much faster. More features. . . . . .
    I have a real problem with phplive.
    Not only was the noise of refreshing annoying to users; but they won't let me upgrade it and won't tell me why. All they say is, "Your account has been de-activated."
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by NixHosting
    Sorry about the server downtime. Our dedicated server has been rebooted and not boot up probably.

We have informed our provider and that will have a 24/7 monitor on the ccs SERVER instead of just ping tests. Hopefully that can bring things into order.

P.S. The problem that crashes the server is a NT box related problem.

* try powertalk cs at powertalk.com

They are free! Or should I say, I have not had to pay.

http://www.powertalk.com

* here is another chat support system

http://www.powertalk.com I found this one and it is free, they have a good product.. it looks alot like another one.

key points:

It works
    IT IS FREE!

Pono

Re: here is another chat support system

it looks alot like another one.
    Of course, it 'looks alot like' phplivesupport.

If you look at the HTML code of the message form, the only difference is it didn't have the copyright comment tag.

hm.....

Yeah but Kenny you still have not fixed the fact that if your server goes down our sites load like a slow boat to China.

You really have the best chat program, but there is no way to depend on another server to keep our sites up. Can't you roll back the code to the previous version?

The old code is just basically rely on 2 (web + chat server) source instead of one. If our web server goes down (which we don't host), it will slow down your site as well.

We have a working but not yet ready to release script that even if our servers go down, it won't slow down your site and no script-error whatsoever.

We're also moving to a new (and more expensive) dedicated server and hopefully things will improve

Sorry about the downtimes, I know how you feel.

Well as I said I will be happy to pay for your service if you can fix this problem. It is not the down time that bothers me so much as the fact it takes my site down too. I can live with your server going down and being without the chat program a few hours I cannot live without my site because yours is not working.

Anyway I hope you fix this problem VERY fast before we all give up on it.

I feel the same as monte, I think the program is the best out there but I can not live with my site slowing down when the server is down. I can not wait for it to become stable so I can try it again.

I can't wait too

We're getting a new box with 24/7 monitoring and OC3 connection, 99 uptime SLA... Shouldn't be any problem once we move to that box.

And we will double you with a script that runs on your server that even our servers go down, it won't affect your site.

Do you have a time-frame for this Kenny? We are in the process of choosing a chat program.

Server's always up and rolling Rotifer,

We will just move to a new box to provide faster and more stable solution. No big changes from the current version.

Feel free to sign up an account.

Thanks for the reply Kenny.
    I was referring to this:

We're getting a new box with 24/7 monitoring and OC3 connection, 99 uptime SLA... Shouldn't be any problem once we move to that box.
    My boss would skin me alive if i installed a program that was in danger of bogging things down.

Sorry, I've taken this thread off topic.

Our new server is up and the connection and speed is much better.

We have not yet get the 24/7 monitoring in place but the box itself is quite good.

Originally posted by Rotifer
    Thanks for the reply Kenny.
    I was referring to this:

My boss would skin me alive if i installed a program that was in danger of bogging things down.

Sorry, I've taken this thread off topic.
    Rotifer, new server has been deployed. Chat is exceptionally smooth. Please give it a try.

KC.

There are, of course, alternatives to relying on someone elses servers or paying monthly/annual subscription fees (I didn't realise that phplivesupport was an annual subscription fee, has this always been then case?).

The downside is that you clock up the bandwidth and whatever server resources they take. The upside is that your site doesn't hang everytime your provider has a problem or you end up having to pay a regular fee now or in the future (ala HumanClick). You're also not relying on them being able to cope if they grow too quickly and start to stumble over load as HC certainly did quite frequently until LivePerson snapped them up.

Thumbs up Click Chat Sold RULEZ@@@

I have switched to Click Chat Sold solutions one month ago. It is fantastic. It is unreal! With all their features and support, it only cost very little and helped me closed many deals online

I am happy with it and would recommand anyone to use it if they need live support on their site.

Easy to install, easy to customize, great support. How can you say no?

http://www.clickchatsold.com

Does anyone have a valid link to the ClickChatSold demo link?

The official website with the demo evaluation is a 404.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast