Co-location - 300gb for $99.95 - any size

After a great response from our last promotion, Complx Internet Services and Milenium Technologies, Inc. would like to offer another....

Due to an overwhelming response, we are currently out of dedicated servers, but for those of you who would like to co-locate your server, we still have plenty of space!

For $99.95/month you will receive the following:

• 300gb transfer
    • 1U-4U or a tower - no additional cost
    • 3 ips
    • Free install of RedHat 7.3 or other select OS'
    • Free install of Webmin Control Panel

Highlights of our datacenter:
    • Climate controlled facility
    • UPS battery backup & conditioned power
    • Directly hooked to telco Sonnet Ring for increased reliability & redundancy
    • Multiple Backbone providers & connections (Sprint, UUNET, AT&T) Sprint is our primary connection, UUNET and AT&T are there for backup

If you are interested or have any questions please contact [email protected]

IP for ping/traceroute: 63.175.112.102
    File for speed test: http://www.complx.net/apache-2.0.35-0.1.i386.rpm
    Complx Internet Services
    www.complx.net
    Hosting - Colocation - Domains - Dialup
    [email protected]

Where is your datacenter located?

Originally posted by moonshine
    Where is your datacenter located?
    Indiana
    Complx Internet Services
    www.complx.net
    [email protected]

What size are your connections? I only ask, because it appears you have some kind of load balancing in place:

18 sl-keeling-2-0.sprintlink.net (144.232.202.58) 109.826 ms 113.571 ms sl-keeling-2-1.sprintlink.net (144.232.202.66) 112.755 ms

DS-3 from Sprint (40 percent utitlization at peak times).
    Ds-3 from UUnet (1 percent utilization).
    T-1 AT&T.
    Complx Internet Services
    www.complx.net
    [email protected]

How much for support (hardware and software)?

How about reboots and basic stuff?

Cool

Very cool, finally a provider in the same state

Is there datacenter access?

If so, can you PM me the address?
    Blue Optic .:. Web Solutions
    http://www.blueoptic.com

Wolfy:
    If you want us to do anything to your server or configure software not specified in your setup agreement we will charge $25 an hour billed in 15 minute increments. You do get 1/2 hour of maintenance each month. You can use this however you like, if you like. The time is not "saveable" though.
    Manual reboots are free as long as they are not excessive. 10 reboots a day for 3 days straight would be considered a little excessive.
    All work you wish to have us do would be spelled out in a work order that you sign. At that time an estimated time will be given and a time limit can be imposed so you don't go over-budget.

Thanks for the info j2sw,

The server would be setup/configured before it was shipped. I was more worried about things like broken hardware, reboots and other issues where someone has to be physically close to the machine.

Your rates seem very resonable - almost too low infact.
    What kind of response time do you anticipate - for reboots, and dead server type issues?

Looking at mtin it seems that this deal:
    Tower 250 Gigabytes $50 $75
    would be slightly cheaper in the long term - even if it has less bandwidth. Or is that on different bandwidth etc?

Also how much for extra IP's and how many can be requested?

Finally, feel free to send me an email about your company - I've not heard of you before, so I'd like to feel 'comfortable' before sending you a server.

You mentioned a 'previous promotion' - sorry if these questions were already answered there - I've been AWOL for a little while.

Edit: Btw http://www.mtin.net/ upsets my IE .. some runtime error with OnLoad="tickinit()"

We have someone on call 24 hours a day. Response time would be in the 10 minute range for a standard reboot. We will be installing powerstrips soon so each customer will have telnet/web access to power on and off their equipment via the web if needed.

hardware issues are not a big deal. We have A+ certified people on staff and a full repair shop on site. If it needs a replacement part we most likely have it on hand. We have a full staff 8-5 and 1/4 staff any other time. All co-location customers are given a direct line for after hours emergencies to the NOC.

We know what it is like to get hosed by co-location places on hourly rates so we try and keep it reasonable. We aim for the single to 1/2 rack customers who don't have big budgets. We have been there ourselves where we did not have a huge outlay of cash to pay someone $100 an hour to replace ram.

Bandwidth for the other plans listed on the web-site are all the same as this deal. Same NOC, same connections.

Extra IPs are $5 each per month. After 5 we would need you to have an ARIN justification form on file with us.

I will be sending you some company info stuff via e-mail shortly. Basically we have been in business since 1998 and have been doing "Internet" business since the late 80's.

Thanks about the site. We have been trying some JAVA ticker stuff and may pull it. I like the idea, but hate JAVA. The page loads okay, just blows that error on the ticker at the top. Our acces customers like it, so we might keep it.

Just an update as a reminder that this special is still active.
    Complx Internet Services
    www.complx.net
    [email protected]