hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : from a rocky start to an amazing turnaround with univps.com

Forum Jump

from a rocky start to an amazing turnaround with univps.com

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2006, 02:05 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Talking

from a rocky start to an amazing turnaround with univps.com

wow, where to begin

i signed up with them 1-2 days ago, the website was a little slow but i was told because of a server switch.

the rocky part -

after i signed up the main site (univps.com) went down for maitence, and the admin was not on msn for 12+ hours, i was freaking out not knowing what was going on, but after looking for other univps customers and checking out their sites i reassured myself this was not too much of a big deal, misfortunate downtimes happen right? but i was still sort of bugged out really because i didnt know what was going to happen

the amazing part -

the admin logs on messanger at 1AM EST my time informing me right away what is going on with the servers and the website, and that he is currently getting my windows 2k3 vps setup and installing the microsoft upgrades, he also offers me a plesk license with unlimited domains free of charge upgraded to 100mbps and an extra 15gb of diskspace for the unfortunate mishap, i was thrilled when this was brought up because i just expected a "sorry". instead i got extra space and a better connection than the 10mbps i originally ordered, and it was all free.

overall im amazed with the price, the dedication of the admin himself to make sure that he told his customers on msn messanger what was going on as soon as he could and that he gave me free upgrades for what did happen

also, ive read a previous review about him being a "scam"? i really dont know how to comment on that except try them out, because the person who was talking trash about them apparently had never even signed up with univps.com

i really do think they are going to make a great impact on the VPS hosting community in the future to come

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

oh and excuse the spelling and grammar, its sort of late and im just excited to have my vps ready

Old 07-25-2006, 02:37 AM
WHT Addict

Hmmm,

Seem like their websites have been down all day..interesting post..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2006, 02:41 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unix-Aussie.Host
Hmmm,

yes, but admin has said all the vps servers are not linked in anyway to the main univps.com. from what hes told me, he has recived new equipment for the univps.com server, i guess he is currently doing the transfers

Old 07-25-2006, 03:29 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Hmmm,

Entire maintenance.. No problem, I see that all VPSs are up
Sinan told me that. I believe him too much. He will be the best in 3-6 months.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:38 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

^ your website is down too

I see 3 customer get their server already... (and satisfied)
but I really wondered why WHT still banned him...
not even a chance to explain his problem, just because 1 guy told us that he is scammer
I really don't understand, among all offer made, the offer seems the best for me
* trial mode for a week or 22 days
* cheap price
* unmetered @ 10mbps or 3.3tb @ 100mbps port

Old 07-25-2006, 03:56 AM
Disabled

Yeah because my web site is being developed.

Anyway, sinan was banned because he was found guilty to create duplicated accounts. But when I spoke to him, he told me that they were from same office and his colleagues of him but admin hadnt listened to him

No problem, we are here as customer and ready to write comments and reviews on uniVPS that what we see...

Old 07-25-2006, 04:07 AM
WHT Addict

Well something tell's me...by reading these posts...you are happy with your provider..even when your sites are not up..Well I think not..

Old 07-25-2006, 04:16 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Well something tell's me...by reading these posts...you are happy with your provider..even when your sites are not up..Well I think not..

NOT our sites are down :-) uniVPS's main site is down. We are not happy when our web site is down :p Mine is being developed right now, last round for my web page..

Old 07-25-2006, 05:21 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
i dont think you understood properly

the univps.com server is a seperate server. all other VPS accounts are hosted on other servers, meaning when univps.com got taken down for the hardware upgrade, no customers at all were affected

Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 AM
WHT Addict

my VPS in univps.com is 24hs down.

Fabio, from Brazil.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Web Hosting Master

Mine has been down for 48 hours plus+.

I'm going to demand compensation as I wanted to upgrade as well.

Plus the devlopment time for my company is starting to effect others.

I'm losing money and precious time.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:45 AM
WHT Addict

Well,

I understood alright ..maybe you need to understand...Their site is still down for maint 24 hours+..{uniVPS} along with a few others that have posted in this thread, saying that all VPS's are running and not affected..is a lie..

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2e1
i dont think you understood properly

the univps.com server is a seperate server. all other VPS accounts are hosted on other servers, meaning when univps.com got taken down for the hardware upgrade, no customers at all were affected

Old 07-26-2006, 05:30 AM
Web Hosting Master

Yea my server went down way before the UniVPS server went down.

First I was getting packet loss, then it got worse until 0%.

My ping was also a lot higher. The server was obviously either crapping it from overload (excessive users maybe), the bandwidth was overloaded (more than 10/100mbps) or something else.

Either way, I'm just pissed off becase I can't even email support, they're mail server is down and Sinan isn't online.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:22 AM
WHT Addict

48hr + now..
I signup univps.com 7 days ago, but I asked to cancel my VPS and my refund.
No answers, no MSN online, nothing..
univps.com, never more.

Fabio, from Brazil.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
UK2 Partners with Start-Up Loans to Offer Free Hosting to New Businesses Web Hosting News 2014-03-14 16:00:21
GoDaddy Officially Opens New Seattle Area Office Web Hosting News 2013-11-22 12:02:49
EIG Stocks Falter on First Day of Trading Web Hosting News 2013-10-25 15:44:55
Web Host Ubiquity Servers Solutions Launches Year-long Server Giveaway for Online Start-ups Web Hosting News 2013-01-08 15:46:00
DigiCert to Issue High-Assurance SSL Certificates in Under an Hour Web Hosting News 2012-08-28 17:12:17