win32k.sys error - BSOD....

I can really use some help. I have been working on fixing my mom's laptop computer for some time now. I finally had it fixed and mom came up to visit me and to get her laptop. While she was here, she started removing software and icons and etc. Well, when she went to reboot the computer, we now get the blue screen of death. That bsod is attached to this thread. The problem I'm having is that I have tried repairing it using the WIN 2000 disks with no prevail. Any other solution I can try without having to fully re-install windows?

The laptop is a Dell Inspirion 7500 running windows 2000.

Any help would be appreiciated! Thanks!

TRexSmarts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails win32syserror.jpg  

This Stop message, also known as Stop 0x50, occurs when requested data is not found in memory. The system generates a fault, which normally indicates that the system looks for data in the paging file. In this circumstance, however, the missing data is identified as being located within an area of memory that cannot be read to disk. The system faults, but cannot find, the data and is unable to recover. Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error.

Edit to add link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=183169&sd=RMVP

Can you boot into safe mode? If not, run memtest86 on a floppy or bootable cd-rom and see what the results are.
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Free Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

4. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com