Unhappy Ubuntu website has been down all day

It may be just my connection, but I have been having difficulty accessing the following ubuntu related websites all day. Are you able to access them?

www.ubuntu.com
    www.ubuntuforums.org
    www.ubuntu.org
    planet.ubuntulinux.org

Thanks,
    Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Can't get to any of them here.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

maybe the windows server went down...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Maybe its god telling you to choose a decent OS.
    Rob Greenwood
    RedHat Certified, Unix Consultant
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bilco105

Quote Originally Posted by Bilco105
    You should be banned for that comment....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Which is annoying as I was reading a howto last night and couldn't finish it this morning. Thank goodness for google cache
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bilco105
    Agreed. Once you go OpenSuSE you'll never go back!

At the moment I don't like any distribution of Linux as I am so far unable to find a variant that will support my wireless usb internet adapter.
    Until Linux supports Wireless better, I don't think i'll be using it. Which is a shame since I like almost everything about it so much more.

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by effusionx1
    At the moment I don't like any distribution of Linux as I am so far unable to find a variant that will support my wireless usb internet adapter.
    Until Linux supports Wireless better, I don't think i'll be using it. Which is a shame since I like almost everything about it so much more.

Jord
    Support for hardware is the kernel's job. Most distribution maintainers don't mess with the kernel, and just package the standard one, with no extra hacking. However, some may package a newer version of the kernel, which may include support for your wireless usb internet adapter.

I suggest you go research the hardware, and ask some linux nerds if they know anything about it. irc.freenode.net #linuxhelp is a good place to start.

Also, freebsd may include support for it. I know my computer won't run linux, but it will run freebsd.

Has anyone who gushes about the greatness of Ubuntu tried it with a PCI modem? I could not get it to work with my U.S. Robotics 5610B. This is a hardware controller modem that has worked with SuSE 8.2 and right now I am using with MEPIS 6 Beta3.

Just the US sites of Ubuntu are down, their European and Australian mirrors were working fine yesterday.

Works on my side, probably means its back up now.

Why won't it run Linux? If you're looking for out the box USB wifi support, try Fedora 5.
    Rob Greenwood

Works fine for me.. which reminds me, my Kubuntu CD's arrived.

It's working fine for me over here -- They've probably resolved the problems now.

Have you tried the latest version of openSUSE?
    However, having said this, I'd definitely wait until openSUSE 10.2 comes out, as there were a few problems with 10.1, meaning you'll need to do a fair bit to install SPM to actually be able to install programs without hassle and dependency problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r
    Support for hardware is the kernel's job. Most distribution maintainers don't mess with the kernel, and just package the standard one, with no extra hacking. However, some may package a newer version of the kernel, which may include support for your wireless usb internet adapter.

I suggest you go research the hardware, and ask some linux nerds if they know anything about it. irc.freenode.net #linuxhelp is a good place to start.

Also, freebsd may include support for it. I know my computer won't run linux, but it will run freebsd.
    Gentoo. Nuf said.
    Rob Greenwood