Thread: hostremote.net

hostremote.net

I'm looking for some input on the colocation services provided by hostremote.net. The vast majority of threads on them seem to be dated, so I just wanted to see if anyone has any present experiences (good or otherwise) about them.

And one of the general themes of the past threads on them, was that their bandwidth pricing was high due to their costs. Has this come down? Anyone know anything about the range for something like, say, 10 mbps and a half cab?

Hrm, I have no first hand knowledge in regards to them, however, bandwidth is Cogent and Broadwing.... Not sure if that fits your application, so something to keep in mind.
    *TonyAdtaq* - support [at] adtaq.com
    FAST 2.5 Gbit Cloud Storage VPS and 10 Gbit NVMe VPS @ ADTAQ VPS

rohitj,

I have many consulting clients using HostRemote. Its a nice place, but you'll have to shell out major $$$ for 10 Mbps in south jersey. They have to backhaul all that, and they currently only have 3 x DS3's. Expect to pay $100+ per meg for broadwing / cogent mix.

Its a great place for DR, but that is about it.

If you are looking for central / south jersey colo, check out Digital Providers. They just opened a new data center in the Princeton area with dual OC12's.

Just completed a switch install in the new facility for a consulting client and I have to say its a great place.

If you're considering host remote you should look at places in Philly as well. You'll definitely get a better deal being in one of the carrier hotels. There are a few carrier neutral if you know where to look.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation