Hi all,

I'm developing a host monitoring service, and I'd appreciate it if you could cruise around the system and make suggestions.

If you've used NetWhistle, or NetMechanic's Server Check, you'll know what I'm talking about. Basically, this is a system to notify you when your web site is down.

The interface is in a very early state - don't be put off by that. Most of the attention has been paid to the inner workings. I'd like people to try the system out, see how it works for them, and make feature suggestions.

You can review the site at:

http://www.qwkmon.com

...and I promise, it will get much less ugly with the help of your suggestions.

Edited to point out that this system is *fully* active - so don't add a host and notification if you don't want it to work!

Travis,

A couple of thoughts:

1. Its plain, which I like...but not everyone does .
    2. You should explain more about the service, how many backbones you are checking from, or if it is from a single location why the location you have chosen is so great, and maybe a little bit how the process works (ie are you doing pings, GET Requests, etc).

I guess number 2 is not really design related, but I'd be nervous using the service not knowing anything more about the offerings.

Hope this helps, and is not too critical...its an excellent idea.

Yep, those suggestions are just what I'm looking for. Feature suggestions are also good, so bring 'em on.

Related Posts from theWHIR.com