Can't order online, any other way?

I can't order online, no credit card, etc. Is there any way for me to get hosting? I'm in Scarborough, Toronto, Canada. I thought I was lucky to find a company located right next to my house, detail hosting, now hoster direct, with great prices but now it looks like they aren't very reliable. Any suggestions?

send them a money order or a check.
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

Mosts hosts take money orders or cashiers checks.

Do you know of any cheaper hosts that accept this method? And money orders internationally (from Canada?)

Quote Originally Posted by Theowne
    Do you know of any cheaper hosts that accept this method? And money orders internationally (from Canada?)
    Most who accept money orders require you to pay for a full year.

Try hostgator, they accept Money Orders, but be prepared to pay for a full year

You may also want to have a look at Western Union payments as some hosts may also accept this as a form of alternative payment.
    Tahir Ahmed
    NetspaceOnline.net - Reliable Personal Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions!
    NSDomains.net - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    • Reseller Hosting Solutions • Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel • Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

How about paypal? can you get an account from there?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Paypal sounds like a good option for you if you have a bank account, as a lot of hosts these days accept paypal. Assuming you do not have a bank account, ask your host to take your order and provision/install it upon receipt of your payment. Make sure to get your payment to them in a timely manner. Some hosts will do this and others will not. Some hosts will not bother to take payment via check for initial setups on smaller accounts because 99% of their customers have credit cards and they do not need that extra 1%.
    the end of the world is upon us...absolute power corrupting absolutely...free speech is never free...

...mod friendly signature compliant

Their reviews here @ WHT are not that great....

But, you might want to look at:

http://www.webserve.ca/webhosting/

faq : Pre-Sales Questions : pay using a check or money order
    Question: Can I pay using a check or money order?
    Answer: Yes, once the payment is received your account will be created. Your payment should be mailed to:

WebServe Canada
    901 Clements Ave.
    North Vancouver, BC
    V7R 2K8 Canada
    c/o: Hosting Operations
    Last edited by bdsnyder; 07-19-2006 at 07:06 PM.

Theowne,

I would recommend hunting down a local ISP to see if they offer Web hosting and would also allow you to pay via check/money order - either by bringing it by each month, or dropping it in the mail. You'll generally pay more, but the service will also be loads better with a locally-focused host.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I would recommend hunting down a local ISP to see if they offer Web hosting
    I don't know how your ISPs are, but I would prefer a hosting company that is totally or majorly in the hosting business, and not doing it as an "addon" to their main business.

I guess it's different around here then. It may also help that I know many of the folks who run the ISPs around here. Anyway, around here (Virginia, USA) the local ISPs are really good.

Hostgator looks like a good service, and I'm alright with paying yearly of course.

I am always suspicious of Paypal because of how many complaints I read all the time about them...

I'd certainly like a local host but all the ones around here don't seem very reliable or cost way more then they should for less features.

Quote Originally Posted by Theowne

I am always suspicious of Paypal because of how many complaints I read all the time about them...
    Paypal is becoming more and more trustworthy, especially for the buyer. In the past it has always been the seller that has had the majority of problems, and usually only those sellers that are less than reputable. However paypal is now FDIC, has credit cards, resolves complaints, etc... More and more major hosts are starting to accept it.
    the end of the world is upon us...absolute power corrupting absolutely...free speech is never free...

...mod friendly signature compliant

15. Paypal is actually quite reliable, if you are in the online business paypal is almost a must. As for the hosting, most hosts that I know take money orders or checks but you do indeed have to pay for a year of hosting in advance.
    Looking for a reliable host with all the perks?
    Check out http://www.magnatehosting.com

If you cannot be able to get a credit card, then get a DEBIT card and sign up for that at any bank you like.....then connect it with paypal and therefore you can pay and get the hosting...

I think that's simple pretty much...

Quote Originally Posted by buba69
    Paypal is becoming more and more trustworthy, especially for the buyer. In the past it has always been the seller that has had the majority of problems, and usually only those sellers that are less than reputable. However paypal is now FDIC, has credit cards, resolves complaints, etc... More and more major hosts are starting to accept it.
    I feel your statement.

18. There are many debit cards out there you can purchase, simply do a google search for ATM Debit Cards and many companies will show up offering you "reloadable cards" they can be used just like a credit card. No need to sign up at a bank for a debit card.
    Looking for a reliable host with all the perks?
    Check out http://www.magnatehosting.com

If you are looking for a local company open up a directory of local businesses, such as the yellow pages, and find hosting companies, ring a few up. Find out who's friendly and supportive while also finding reviews for them on the net.

Hope that Helps
    redihot.com | low cost quality hosting
    Looking for a web hosting solution? Gain complete satisfaction today.
    With our 99.95% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7 Monitoring, Friendly Support, Cpanel/Fantastico, Domains and much more, why wait?

This may be going off-topic again, but a little word on PayPal: when purchasing from a PayPal-enabled merchant, make sure that the merchant is PayPal Verified. While this still will not ultimately stop them from wreaking havoc on you, it does mean that PayPal has verified their bank account, through contact with their bank. This means they are much less likely to take the money and run, as PayPal would know where to find them.