hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : HostingCon : Best places to eat.

Forum Jump

Best places to eat.

Reply Post New Thread In HostingCon Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Retired Moderator

Best places to eat.

One must eat to live. Why not eat well? Were are the best places everyone has eaten so far?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2006, 11:01 AM

jonathans in nashville great....everything is great

Old 07-18-2006, 11:38 AM
WHT Addict

Doesn't he mean in Vegas? I just got back, and I'd recommend Fat Burger across from the Monte Carlo on the strip. In-N-Out is good, of course, especially if you're not from the west coast. It's across the highway, behind NY-NY.

The Bellagio's breakfast buffet is superb. Made to order omelettes can't be beat. Their dinner buffet is okay -- it's really good if you like seafood (I don't). It's a bit pricey (I think it was $35 or $40), but they serve Kobe Beef, which is delicious.

I can't really think of anything else. I stayed at the Bellagio, so that's really all I know. I didn't try any of the other hotel's restaurants, but the Bellagio has quite the variety. I noticed a lot of Asian and Italian food there. Classy joints.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Fact
One must eat to live. Why not eat well? Were are the best places everyone has eaten so far?
Though I am not currently in Vegas, and the subject of hamburgers was brought up, I highly recommend Burger Bar in Mandalay Bay. Not the easiest place to find, in fact it is not listed in their website, so maybe it's not there anymore (but it was last summer), but if you are in Mandalay Bay, ask where the Burger Bar is and go there!

...mod friendly signature compliant

Old 07-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Owner of the net for a day

best place after 3am, the cafe at harrah's, reasonable price, huge (tooo much even for me) plates, and decent service.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Retired Moderator

I hear Stacks (in the Mirage) does a 10 oz. Kobe burger that has been described as the tastiest burger in the history of the universe. I'm thinking I might have to partake in this for lunch today

Old 07-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pm
I hear Stacks (in the Mirage) does a 10 oz. Kobe burger that has been described as the tastiest burger in the history of the universe. I'm thinking I might have to partake in this for lunch today
Hmm.. An unofficial gathering?

Old 07-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Fact
Kahunaville over at Treasure Island is realllllllllly good.

Sirius

Old 07-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pm
yeah - stacks sounds very similar to Burger Bar. Burger Bar also features the Kobe Burger. I know mandalay is way down on the end of the strip, but i just mentioned it anyway in case anyone finds themselves down there.

...mod friendly signature compliant

Old 07-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Web Hosting Master

valentinos and postrio at the ventian are both top quality in vegas if you want to go high end. I recommend both.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:36 PM
The infamous....

Quote:
Originally Posted by buba69
yeah - stacks sounds very similar to Burger Bar. Burger Bar also features the Kobe Burger. I know mandalay is way down on the end of the strip, but i just mentioned it anyway in case anyone finds themselves down there.
Look out for the nice young Russian waitress in Stacks

Old 07-20-2006, 01:04 AM
noobie

Probably late for most of you now - but for anyone sticking around for the full week, our favorite place was the cafe at the top of the Caeser's Palace Forum with the windows overlooking the entire strip. Both the best and cheapest (nice) place we found.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Retired Moderator

Too many good places to eat in Vegas. I missed the Kobe burger at Stacks, but Cravings was good. Maybe next year I can get more eating in.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Web Hosting Master

Kokomos at the Mirage was excellent Tuesday night:

http://www.mirage.com/dining/fine_dining_kokomos.aspx

Old 07-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Retired Moderator

Cravings was excellent. OddFact and I grabbed lunch there on Tuesday, and Erica (Simpli) and I had a couple drinks and coconut prawns the size of my fist on Tuesday night at Samba in the mirage. The Mirage definitely had some high-quality eats.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
ICANN Suspends Brandon Gray Internet Services, Demands it Stop Sending Deceptive Marketing Materials Web Hosting News 2014-07-23 08:38:07
Name Collisions Could Pose Potential Problem for Web Hosts Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:25:32
OpenSRS Joins SedoMLS Domain Distribution Network Web Hosting News 2013-12-31 12:07:20
The Pirate Bay Switches to .AC ccTLD Following Domain Seizure, Pressure from Dutch Anti-Piracy Group Web Hosting News 2013-12-13 11:21:23
Web Host Gandi Emphasizes User Customization with Interface Updates Web Hosting News 2012-10-23 16:14:19