Suggestion: Make a Best WebHost Poll

Wouldn't it help all the users of WHT if there's a Poll made about the top 10/20 WebHosts and the users themselves vote for it? In this way, if it is made a sticky, it would be of great help to all the people looking for quality sevrers without having to post the same topic again and again.

I could have done this myself, but as i'm not aware of the 'best' hosts that are around, i suggested you guys to do it.

Sorry, if there's a Poll already available, i searched but couldnt find any.

Unfortunately, there is no best host. Only the host that is best for you.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

That's, I'm sorry, a terrible idea. If people are too lazy to find a company within their budget and do some research, well, you deserve whatever you get coming to you...

Also, I just don't see it being near reliable. It's not hard to do research, now is it?
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

That would turn into a popularity contest amongst those hosts. If a user hasn't used all of the hosts listed there, then they don't know if there is one better than the one they think is 'best'.

The whole question asking "who is the best host?" in itself is quite ludicrious, too.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

This would probably create a bigger flavor of the month syndrome and just drag down webhostingtalk's already decreasing credibility.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

The biggest problem with this is which would be the 10/20 hosts to list.

Unfortunately, there is no best host.
    Well, maybe it's a fortunate thing at the same time. What would we do if the best host would be quite bad?

Well maybe there's no real good host. I meant just the list of the most famous/used ones. Or the ones most commonly discussed on WHT.

It'd be better for the users to just choose one or choose 'All suck' regarding their previous experiences. There'd be an option with "Dont know" too.

All in all i agree tht researching the reviews for any host is the best way to know its truth, but you could hardly distinguish the reviewers to be merely misguided or the employees of the Web Host themselves.

Who would compile this list for the poll? Say we had 20 hosts that "appeared" okay on the poll, another 100 or so would be upset because whoever compiled the list didn't include them even though they are successful hosts with few complaints.

select them by domains hosted...