* mdwebhosting.com.au

Has anyone had any experience with these people.

http://www.mdwebhosting.com.au

2 weeks ago I signed up for a Reseller package on an "Australian" server. I spoke to a pesron on thier live chat who told me that it only took 10 minutes to create the hosting once payment was recieved. (I stipidly paid 1 year in advance)

After 5 hours I contacted them regarding my package ( no responce). I then contacted live chat and they said they would look into it. Still nothing. However 2 hours later I contacted them once again. The person said he would get it activated right away.

Part of the Welcome email below. Web site address until DNS propagation http:///~zjbltrw/
    Web site address: http://www.******.info
    Secure web site address (using our shared SSL certificate) https:///~zjbltrw/

You wil notice NO IP address I again contacted them sayin I need these to setup my nameservers. This took several hours to get thru. (Still no replies from help desk tickets) Ieventually got a new welscome email with all the details. I did a check on the IP addresses supplied and discovered these were located in Hong Kong (not Australia). Another complaint to live chat. Several hours later they chnaged the IP for me to an Australian based server. Cnahed my IP and it all seemed to worked.

However NO FTP. Another ticket unaswered. Live chate to Tech they tell me there is a server problem. I lodge a ticket asking for a refund. No reply to ticket. Now almost 2 weeks later I get this email.

Dear Col,

Thank you for your email.

We acknowledge your frustration in this issue and we aware that over the last month clients have been experiencing inconsistency with their site and service, this has been due to our gasgiant server going down. As a result, we have replaced the server which will resolve this problem.

Unfortunately as already stated we do have strict no refund policy, this is largely the case because we have already paid third party suppliers for products provisioned to your account.

As we take responsibility for a certain amount of down time due to our firewall problems are willing to offer you a months worth of free hosting on your current package and to reactive your account without any charge. Should you choose to take up this offer please reply back to this ticket within 14 business days.

We thank you for your time and for contacting Service Removals.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.

Is this a joke?? I also found out someone else who got a package from them same problems. He was luckier he only paid for 1 month.

ANyway it made me get my own Australian Dedicated server.

Just a word of cution about these guys

yup

yeah mate these guys are a joke

I advise anyone with these issues to go to the department of fair trading and report them. I allready have. They are a dead set disgrace.

I think I will do the same ... I have a sneaky suspision that they NOT in OZ. They do however have ab ACN Number.

I replied on another forum here to a string you started.

I can be contacted from my site/

http://www.realhost.com.au

Oh yes they do

They have offices in melbourne, australia. please read below to find there address:

Fax +61 3 9826 8677
    Office - By appointment only
    25 Claremont Street
    South Yarra, Victoria. 3141.

Thanks for that

Anyone with a MD Web Hosting experience should email troy@tromac.com

Tell him your name and the issue(s) you had with MD. We are compiling a list in order to take action against MD.

cheers

has anyone actually had any response from the company?
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-03-2006 at 06:12 AM.

Md Hosting

MD Hosting

Yes I have "as above".

After 2 weeks telling me there was a no refund policy. That they took "some" responsibilty for the problems. All this 2 weeks after many ticket were submitted.

Regards

Col

Yeah they can't refuse you a refund even when they have admitted that its there problem. They should probably take a read here before saying that they don't have a 'refund policy'.
    Last resort do a chargeback if you paid via cc.

I posted that link in a ticket , but they take so long to respond . Looks like a charge back coming up.

Hello

I posted that link on a ticket to them and got the following reply:

Dear Cole,

I have passed this issues to my Superior, once i have heard back i will let you know.

Kind regards,

Justin

MD Sales

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: EMF-232491

My reply:

Hello Justin

Yes awaiting.. but I can tell you that it is my intention to vigorously
    pursue this with the relevant authorities. Further I have accumulated a list
    of other "disgruntled" clients of yours and this list will be handed to the
    relevant authorities.

THere are many forums out there listing the poor service from your company.

A week ago I told you my intentions were to pursue this., further I will
    activate a chargeback which will of course bring more costs your way.

Regards

Col

damn...i think they got you...I almost signup my AU hosting with them, after having a conversation with their live support (and they don't know **** about hosting jargon) then I finally found http://www.webhostlive.com.au

try it, and you'll never regret

Hi

This came earlir this evening almost 3 weeks after and many emails:

Dear Col,

The total cost of the Copper Hosting Package was AUD$272.73 for 12 months.

We are going to refund you AUD$257.73, which is the cost of the package minus the administration fee of AUD$15.00.

Kind regards,

Justin

MD Sales

Ticket Details