Outgoing Mailserver

Hello,

I have a problem with my cPanel mail system. I can receive emails perfectly. However, when I try to send mail with my own outgoing mailserver ( mail.mydomain.com ) it fails. I am forced to use my ISP's outgoing to send mail.

Now, one of my new clients doesn't have mail access with his ISP, so he has no outgoing to connect to and needs email capabilities.

Any suggestions on a fix for this?

Enable SMTP on port 26, sometimes ISPs block port 25 for their clients to help stop spam.

Will my client be able to access this automatically or is there a special mailserver they should apply now?

You need to set it up in your WHM and then tell the client to change their mail programs outgoing SMTP port to 26. Also open the port in your firewall. If you need help message me.

as an add-on to Ramprage post, login to WHM > Service Configuration > Service Manager and check the last option "exim on another port" and make sure the port is 26 , save the changes.

Ask your user to edit their outgoing smtp port on their local mail client to 26. Try send and receive.
    Tweakservers : Authorised Reseller of SmarterMail | SmarterStats | SmarterStats | Mailenable

Apparently they said that everything is fine - except randomly emails will be returned as undeliverable. These are domains like gmail and hotmail and yahoo, so I am still a little suspicious.