Question Normal System Temperature

What is a normal system temperature for a regular computer. My system is currently 37'C and my cpu is at 41'C is this too high or is this normal? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to know if all of the computer's fans need to be blowing out. I say this because i have 3 blowing out and one blowing in toward the board from the side.

It really depends on your environment temperature. The computer temperatures will always be above room temperature unless it's an isolated case. The temperatures you have posted seem normal to me, as my system hangs around 32ºC and CPU at 43ºC, of course it depends on your CPU make, motherboard make and how effective your cooling is.

With your fans, it really has to be setup to the way that the system will get most airflow. Try to have two fans for the intake, and two fans for the exhaust. A fan at the back should always act as an exhaust, and a top fan should also be an exhaust fan as hot air rises. As for intake fans, if they are on the side panel, have them blowing air in, as same goes for any fans near the hard drive bays.

I've always found this method to be the most effective for my system. The more air in, the better... but also, you need to get rid of that heat that is generated so it's good to have the fans on a 1:1 ratio.

Regards,
    Drac

Thank you I will take your suggestion into consideration and change one of my fans for intake.

my computers temperature is usually about 24-28 degrees....with one case fan and 2 internal fans...usually it starts beeping as i get over 40 degrees.

My System is 41 and CPU 42.

I am using a overclocked mechine.
    BannersMall.com - Banner Design
    Custom Twitter Backgrounds and Facebook Fan Pages - CraftSocialMedia.com

Ok, thanks I am just worried my computer will get to hot and something might fry or malfunction

Most cpus can handle temperature upto 50-55 without any issues. 40 something is normal.

Mine usualy hangs around 61 celcius which is pretty terrible

Might want to consider cleaning the dust from that CPU fan cooler

Mine stays under 34 C under load.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

30-40C depending on the system and what its doing. As long as I can stand to touch it quickly I'm happy
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

My CPU runs at 52-58 C, thats using the standard fan it came with, and no addititional case fans.

So your system is running quite cool Editing_king.

It also depends on if the reading is accurate, I have seen boards report a 15 degree difference after a BIOS flash (ABIT boards do this a lot). IF the reading is accurate most CPUs will coast along at about 40 degrees +/- 5 in a room temperature environment.

I’ve seen CPUs running in the low 60s which isn’t going to do great things for its lifespan, but hey most people upgrade every few years, so it's likely to be thrown as a result of an upgrade rather than a failure.
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting

I would not worry about it. I have a thermaltake funnel cooling system, and regular 80mm fan on my cpu. And my temps are fine.

my P4 has been running 50+ for more then a year....never gave me any problems.

I think my next pc will be a AMD, they seem to run much more cooler...

Thank you all, everyone has been a great help. My computer that I built custom is really new and I dont want to ruin it anytime soon.