hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Computers and Peripherals : Spyware... but no Spyware

Forum Jump

Spyware... but no Spyware

Reply Post New Thread In Computers and Peripherals Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Web Hosting Master

Spyware... but no Spyware

Greetings,
Thanks for taking the time too read this thread!

Apparently, at this very moment, my computer is "infected with spyware". This is a message coming from Windows. However, I have ran several spyware (Immunization and Destory) softwares and they have picked it up, and "Took care of the issue".

However, I keep continuing to get the alerts.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Web Hosting Master

One possibility is that you need to clean out your System Restore. Some malicious software can lie dormant there. It may get detected on scans, but it is shielded from the removal programs.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Community Liaison 2.0

http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip

Download and run this. It isn't a cleaner, but if you tell it to make a log, you can post here and we'll see what programs/applications are loading on startup. Some of the newer spyware programs are extremely good at hiding themselves from an unsuspecting user. At least one of the programs pretends to be a Windows error message (it looks like a normal popup by the system clock) to trick people into buying one particular scanner. Nasty stuff.

A serial entrepreneur is someone who effectively manages startups within their means to manage them, not someone who runs 30 different business ideas at once hoping one works. If I wanted to hire someone to throw things at a wall to see what sticks, I'd hire a two year old.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2006, 04:31 AM
Disabled

You can use any of the ani-stspayware products available on the market . and it will be eliminated

Old 06-21-2006, 01:00 AM

Sometimes the spyware scanning programs say they cleaned the spyware, but the spyware regenerates itself. Check out the program HijackThis. It examines parts of the registry and hard drive. Then you can clean the files or entries that look suspicious on an individual basis.

Good luck :-)

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
FBI Likely Behind New Malware That Attacks Tor Anonymity, say Researchers Web Hosting News 2013-08-06 12:02:14
Windstream Business Launches McAfee Endpoint Security Protection for SMBs Web Hosting News 2013-01-18 14:35:52