hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : targeting webhosting towards certain demographics

Forum Jump

targeting webhosting towards certain demographics

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

targeting webhosting towards certain demographics

As we all know, there are literally thousands of webhosting companies out there. It's a crowded market and any thing you can do to leverage your business would be great. Having said this, what do people think of the idea of just targeting certain demographics? For example, do you think it's feasable to target webhosting to those who are just Asian? Or Hispanic? Or a certain vertical market? Has anyone heard of such a thing? And if you haven't, is it because it's a lame brain idea to begin with?

Sponsored Links
Old
WHT Addict

Almost everyone targets a specific demographic....

Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, Now offering VPS!

Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKeaton
For example, do you think it's feasable to target webhosting to those who are just Asian? Or Hispanic? Or a certain vertical market? Has anyone heard of such a thing? And if you haven't, is it because it's a lame brain idea to begin with?
I think it's almost impossible to target a certain ethnicity. It would be easier though to target a specific country or age group.

--Adrian

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

If you analyze different datas including the factors that influence a large ethnicity group it can be possible to target them. BTW, targeting specific "language" and specific community is much easier than targeting certain ethincity.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Sure it is called a niche and it can be directed at almost anything specific like ethnicity, age, geographic location. It is done basically in everything we do business wise to some extent. Just remember to make sure what you pick is a viable economic business model and just not a handful of people in the world.

Email Us: Admin[at]YourWayHosting.com Visit Us: www.yourwayhosting.com

Old
Web Hosting Master

Also if you go in more and more in depth to particular niche, you may find that particular niche has some unfulfilled wants and need, hence it enable you to frame your marketing strategy closely to meet their specific need and you come out with viable business model that most suitable to specific area.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by etechsupport2
If you analyze different datas including the factors that influence a large ethnicity group it can be possible to target them. BTW, targeting specific "language" and specific community is much easier than targeting certain ethincity.
re: language- Hmm...I never thought of it that way. Too bad that I am not fluent in other languages though. There are certain benefits such as psychological when you are 'branded' as the go-to guy for a certain community.

Old
Web Hosting Master

AlexKeaton,

I dont think its necessary to have fluency in other "language" that you are going to target, you can set preferred language on your site to make change your website viewing language for your specific audience and for support you can take remote support to provide phone/email/chat support on specific language.

Old
WHT Addict

Every business targets their specific product or service toward a specific target market. Every commercial on TV has a specific target market. In order to successfully sell, you have to be extremely specific. In terms of web hosting idk about selling to hispanics, asians, etc. But what if you sold to specific segments such as hosting for medical websites, hosting for religious, etc.

Old

That’s what I do. I try to change my ads to who I would think the viewer would be. I find that it works best to do that, tts just basic marketing knowledge.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
White Sands Hosting LLC Listing 2014-01-24 15:41:20
WebHosting.coop Set to Prove a Democratically-Run, Shared Web Hosting Cooperative Can Work Web Hosting News 2013-12-17 12:48:54
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – September 27, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:46
Webhosting UK Com Launches Channel Partner Program Web Hosting News 2013-03-18 12:00:12
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – January 11, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:23