So, I have a new project, replacing a video studio's computer equipment for a local non-profit.
- 3 New Systems
- Dual Core Processors / Or Dual Single Core Processors
- 1 GB of RAM (AT LEAST)
- High Quality Boards (prefer server boards)
- Low Power Consumption (prefer AMD)
- DVD-RW Burners (best 2 per system)
- Redundant RAID Setup (NO RAID 0)
- Gigabit Network Interface
- 300 GB HD space per system
- Prefer server based boards / processors (Xeon / Opterons)
- 1 LARGE Redundance Storage Server (At least 1 terrabyte)
- Redundant RAID Setup (NO RAID 0 -- Likely RAID 5)
- At least 1 terrabyte of storage
- Doesn't need to be high performance
- Could run Linux (Samba mount for Windows access)
- Budget of about $3,700 for all systems combined (software licensing sepreate)
- DV Compatible System
They currently have 3 licenses of Adobe Premiere 6.5, and will be upgrading to Premiere Pro 2 when they recieve the new systems. Therefore, Windows is the operating system here.
So, does anyone have some recommendations?
I recongize that someone probably has a perfect machine that is $10,000, but lets stay realistic to this budget.