ResellerZoom - RZ

Hi fellas.

Im about to sign for a Advanced One account with RZ.

Im in the UK as are my hosted customers.

Can someone answer a couple of questions first please.

Are there any negatives to signing up with a US company?

As I understand it, there will be little speed difference from RZ and a Uk host, Is this correct?

Thanks for any replies..

The difference between UK US or any other place is going to be negligible in a hosting environment.
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting

As you said. Speed is one big thing. And not as you say I bit. I think its a lot.

As for me in Sweden there is a 3 times longer pingtime to US compared to UK.
    And if you are sitting in UK it will even be more.

As for download time I normaly se 2 times in downloading a 10 Mb file from US.
    And as I have many customers using Photo ablums there is a lot different.

Last there can be a differens in how your sites are handeled in Google if the site is in US. They can have a harder time to show up in UK and other European google lists.

Hans

http://www.hostroute.co.uk/compare/

Don't worry though, in real life browsing, no one will notice a significant difference.

Last there can be a differens in how your sites are handeled in Google if the site is in US. They can have a harder time to show up in UK and other European google lists.
    Is this true? If so is there a workaround to enable my sites to appear on google.co.uk??

TIA

If you and your visitors are both located in UK, maybe you should find a UK hosting company. Having your site hosted on country specific servers would get you listed on google's country specific search engine.

With a US company, you may experience slower support due to different time zones.
    The ping time is not a big deal.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost
    With a US company, you may experience slower support due to different time zones.
    I didn't know the internet had timezones

We don't need the internet, we need support.
    If a company has 5 staff in daytime, they may have only 2 staff available at night.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost
    Ping time do not matter. Thats right. But uploading your webpage, Uploading any script, uploading photos.
    And run php applications will differ for sure.

Hans F

i disagree , i know somebody who had UK VPS and one of his competitors had a dual opteron , yet the UK VPS was still 100x Faster.
    -- Adam

depends where u r. browsing page on UK servers or US servers should not make a difference, if you were downloading files then yes maybe you will see a difference.

But all depends on the hosts network too.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

The experiance are different for different persons. And I can only talk for my self.
    And both me and my customers are verry photo intensive.

I have been runing a reseller for some time now. I have been on 3 different US hosts and on 2 different UK hosts.

Also my company page have been on others hosts as a test so I have been on 6 US and 2 UK hosts.

And my conclution is that when I moved to UK all this "I don't understand/timing" problem went away. Both for me and my customers. So sitting on a UK host made for shure my work to support customers better.

Hans F

don't expect too much on the advance plan. though the uptime is good, the 24/7 support is really really bad. It's been almost two weeks now and still I haven't got the 24/7 client support that they promised. They keep on saying that there is a problem with the license or and software. So up to now, I must wake up everytime there is an email from a client just to keep up my words regarding the 24/7 support. Resellerzoom is the 24/7 client support for real ???

If a company has 5 staff in daytime, they may have only 2 staff available at night.
    Yes, but the probably have 80% fewer support requests at night, so, support might actually be faster/better....
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by kenchix1
    don't expect too much on the advance plan. though the uptime is good, the 24/7 support is really really bad. It's been almost two weeks now and still I haven't got the 24/7 client support that they promised. They keep on saying that there is a problem with the license or and software. So up to now, I must wake up everytime there is an email from a client just to keep up my words regarding the 24/7 support. Resellerzoom is the 24/7 client support for real ???

sorry, i should say that customer support is really really bad. they can't setup the 24/7 license/software for almost 2 weeks.

This post is in reply to kenchix1 - The following is a post you made concerning RZ on 07/28/2005:

Support of resellerzoom is good, real 24/7. But I have several problems with them (some of my websites, and I got a reseller plan) that seems to last for the rest of my internet life and I report THE SAME problems to them often times.

Again, I like the 24/7 customer support of resellerzoom but, now I think I need to look for a new host.

If support is so bad, and one year ago you said you were to look for a new host - why have you stayed all this time?

I have been with RZ for 18 months and VERY happy with their service including their 24/7 support (yes, its for real). Customer service has been excellent and they answer support tickets within minutes - not hours or days. If its urgent I can always phone them and they are on the problem immediately. I am on the Advanced plan and haven't had any of the problems you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbert2002
    This post is in reply to kenchix1 - The following is a post you made concerning RZ on 07/28/2005:

Support of resellerzoom is good, real 24/7. But I have several problems with them (some of my websites, and I got a reseller plan) that seems to last for the rest of my internet life and I report THE SAME problems to them often times.

Again, I like the 24/7 customer support of resellerzoom but, now I think I need to look for a new host.

If support is so bad, and one year ago you said you were to look for a new host - why have you stayed all this time?

I have been with RZ for 18 months and VERY happy with their service including their 24/7 support (yes, its for real). Customer service has been excellent and they answer support tickets within minutes - not hours or days. If its urgent I can always phone them and they are on the problem immediately. I am on the Advanced plan and haven't had any of the problems you describe.
    Hi. Thanks for sharing your experience. Would you be able to share what your uptime has averaged during that 18 months? Also, I am glad to hear you are happy with support, but are you referring to their support of you, their reseller, or support for your clients that they provide, or both? Can you give me an idea as to how many clients you have on their advanced plan, and if most are static sites, CMS, heavy mysql/php, etc.? Thanks.

David

Hi Skyview - no problem at all - the following is a cut/paste direct from the RZ network status and from the 3rd party monitoring company.

Server Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Type: Advanced Reseller
    Server Name: madison.nswebhost.com

Server Specifications:
    CPU: Dual 3.0GHz Xeon Processors
    RAM: 2GB

3rd Party Uptime Report: http://www.websitepulse.com/publish/s0e0i0t4s.html

February 100%
    January 100%

December 99.93%
    November 99.88%
    October 99.91%
    September 99.89%
    August 99.96%
    July 100%
    June 100%
    May 99.96%
    April 99.99%

Current Month -
    Current Status
    Location Status Last check
    Chicago, IL UP 06/12/2006 09:06
    Washington, DC UP 06/12/2006 09:05

This Month Uptime
    Location Uptime %
    Chicago, IL 100.0000 %
    Washington, DC 100.0000 %
    Total 100.0000 %

The support for myself and for my clients has been great. This is my third hosting company (hopefully my final - but you never can tell these days). My two previous hosting companies Lypha and Ipowerweb are no comparison to ResellerZoom. They cannot provide the service or the support that RZ does for the price I am paying.

At the present time, I am hosting 52 sites on their Advanced reseller plan. Of these a majority are static sites but do have a few PHP sites for ecommerce. Adding one this week running the vBulletin software for forums. I can say that none of them are running custom scripts at this time and none are resource intensive - other than one client who sends out about 200 emails each morning but that is for about 30 minutes then it is back to business as usual.

Thank you for your followup and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

20. I am interested in ResellerZoom myself and heard rumors about e-mail issues, in particular the SMTP to be slow. Have you had any such experiences?

Also, do the uptime stats include scheduled maintenance?

SMTP problems have been very rare for me but they have come up in the past. I actually have more problem our of my local ISP (BellSouth) than I do with anyone else.

22. Quote Originally Posted by frogbert2002
    SMTP problems have been very rare for me but they have come up in the past. I actually have more problem our of my local ISP (BellSouth) than I do with anyone else.
    Thanks. I guess I'll give RZ a shot and start out with a budget plan before upgrading and moving more accounts over.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbert2002
    Hi Skyview - no problem at all - the following is a cut/paste direct from the RZ network status and from the 3rd party monitoring company.

Server Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Type: Advanced Reseller
    Server Name: madison.nswebhost.com

Server Specifications:
    CPU: Dual 3.0GHz Xeon Processors
    RAM: 2GB

3rd Party Uptime Report: http://www.websitepulse.com/publish/s0e0i0t4s.html

February 100%
    January 100%

December 99.93%
    November 99.88%
    October 99.91%
    September 99.89%
    August 99.96%
    July 100%
    June 100%
    May 99.96%
    April 99.99%

Current Month -
    Current Status
    Location Status Last check
    Chicago, IL UP 06/12/2006 09:06
    Washington, DC UP 06/12/2006 09:05

This Month Uptime
    Location Uptime %
    Chicago, IL 100.0000 %
    Washington, DC 100.0000 %
    Total 100.0000 %

The support for myself and for my clients has been great. This is my third hosting company (hopefully my final - but you never can tell these days). My two previous hosting companies Lypha and Ipowerweb are no comparison to ResellerZoom. They cannot provide the service or the support that RZ does for the price I am paying.

At the present time, I am hosting 52 sites on their Advanced reseller plan. Of these a majority are static sites but do have a few PHP sites for ecommerce. Adding one this week running the vBulletin software for forums. I can say that none of them are running custom scripts at this time and none are resource intensive - other than one client who sends out about 200 emails each morning but that is for about 30 minutes then it is back to business as usual.

Thank you for your followup and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Hi. Thanks for the stats and info. It's definitely a help.