Thread: 2 websites

2 websites

This is definitly something I would NOT do, (it seems sneaky).
    I found somebody doing this
    A photographer has 2 websites.
    One for wedding photography, one for headshot.
    Same business name, same photographer, same contact info, BUT separated specialty.

Is that bad?
    Will google catch up with these kind of practice? (w or w/o competitors reporting to google)?

I think it's clearly unethical. But I am worried that Google will let this go by.

Thank you.

There is nothing wrong with this, and I don't see it as unethical.

2 different websites for 2 different markets.

I don't particularly see this as unethical. There is the distinct possibility that he wants to separate the two parts of the business and not let them get mixed up in each other.

Would you consider it unethical for iNet to publish both WebHostingTalk.com and FreeWebHostingTalk.com? Same business, same people, same contact info, even the same content theme, but separated by specialty.

I see nothing wrong with this practice.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

This is the same as ThePlanet seperating Total Control, Server Matrix, and Insomnia 365. It's common practice by many businesses.
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

Nope, nothing wrong with that.

I agree with the others... but then, I have several websites that "specialize" in different things, although computer related. Then I have one website with everything...

Hint, if you look at many companies they are setup in this fashion. Microsoft windows anyone? Microsoft.com and windows.com....

Does this make sense for small business? Sometimes. I'm moving to the one website deal myself. Easier to handle....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!