hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Looking for a new reseller account

Forum Jump

Looking for a new reseller account

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2006, 01:58 AM

Looking for a new reseller account

I'm looking for a new reseller host to sign up with.

Currently i'm paying $50 for 400 gb of transfer and 40 gb of disk space.
The server i'm on is not cutting it. there are 400+ other websites on it and it causes too much load.

I'm looking for something that can handle a forum with a 300mb sql database. It's very active so the server should handle it.

I don't resell as a webhost but i host many other websites that I own through the WHM software.

Must have WHM and cpanel.

Does anyone know of anyone that can offer this for a price from $40-$70 / month?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2006, 03:07 AM

I think you must have a VPS or a dedicated server.
Do a search in http://webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45
Hope you will find a good plan that you need.

Best regards,
Hoang Cong Duc

Old 06-06-2006, 03:17 AM

Hi PoohBear88,

You can read this thread:
http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=519195
Hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Hoang Cong Duc

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 AM
Web Hosting Master

$50 for 40 Gb space and 400 Gb bandwidth....this seems like the problem area - your budget. How many users are there at any point of time on forum?

Old 06-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Web Hosting Master

You will need a powerfull VPS to handle the busy forum.
Or you can look for a semi-dedicated option where the provider limits numbers of customers on the server.
You should contact the web host to confirm your usage.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

if you have big loading i think that the best way for you is dedicated server and not VPS

Old 06-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Disabled

according to your price, you can get a very good stable VPS from powervps.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Web Hosting Master

If you keep you budget the same and accept less disk and bandwidth then you should be in the ballpark for something that can handle your database size and needs. I believe you should be able to get along just fine on a decent reseller package assuming that I'm understanding you properly. I understand that you own the site and aren't really into selling so much as you are into hosting your own stuff and that you have just a single site (out of all of them) that is really large and has a heavy database load. If that's correct then, assuming you don't go to a site that limits SQL connections AND will work with you should you start eating more resources than you should then, well, you should be all set.

The key is to ask pre-sales questions and make sure that they fit your needs. In all honesty, if you want quality, you'll be looking at less space and bandwidth but do you really actually use that space and bandwidth? If you don't and you can get by on, for example, 20 GB of transfer or even up to 80 GB and less disk space then you should find something in your budget easily enough. I'd suggest looking around - not in the offers forum unless you really want to - and taking the time to find the folks who've been around a while and seeing what they have to offer, there are a few that don't bother with posting in the ads section for hosting so you'll need to look in places like the lounge and click on links in signatures.

Another clue that I found helpful was to look for folks who were helping other people in here. It didn't always point to them, the person that was helping, but often pointed to people that they were helping on advanced problems. If they're that interested in solving problems so as to feel comfortable to take them here then that means that they're likely to work with you and likely to have a bunch of resources that they can go to in order to answer your more problematic questions.

Just my two cents I suppose.

KGIII

Microsoft MVP 2003/2006 Categories: Shell/User and Internet Explorer (Gł Solutions)

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
SherWeb Listing 2014-04-24 01:34:19
Tier 3 Introduces Cloud Reseller Edition of Enterprise Cloud Service Web Hosting News 2013-05-08 13:45:53
ProfitBricks Launches IaaS Reseller Partner Program Web Hosting News 2013-02-27 14:55:18
Domain Registrar Namecheap Launches SSL Reseller Program Web Hosting News 2013-01-31 15:30:14
Web Host Go Daddy Launches VPS Reseller Hosting Web Hosting News 2012-08-20 14:47:27