Hybrid View

Arrow I'm thinking about using 2Checkout..

I'm thinking about using 2Checkout.. Has anyone had experience with 2CO?

Fees are $0.45 per Sale, 5.5% of sale amount is this a good price for a small business that sells 35-50 products a week?
    Thanks everyone

depends

Quote Originally Posted by Delsol2
    I'm thinking about using 2Checkout.. Has anyone had experience with 2CO?

Fees are $0.45 per Sale, 5.5% of sale amount is this a good price for a small business that sells 35-50 products a week?
    Thanks everyone

Depends on what you are selling and where you are located. High for some needs, low for others. Provide a bit more information, and I'm sure everyone will assist.

I'm based out of Toronto.. And I don't really have anything negative to say about them. I've never had a time where they've not paid me on time or given me any hassle.

Using your bank for processing will not put you at an advantage because most banks outsource their credit card processing or charge much higher rates & fees compared to processors.
    I suggest you visit your local branch and see what they have to offer. Then compare their numbers with a few other processors and see which has the lowest rates & fees and best customer service.
    Max Globin
    Regional Sales Manager
    Bank Associates Merchant Services
    maxglobin@bankassociatesms.com - 917.945.0803 Direct - 866.510.BAMS Office - 212.208.2989 Fax

We have good experience working with 2checkout. They respond fast, check credit card frauds, pay in time... The only drawback - they have no option to pay affiliates.

Also good experience here with 2CO. Support tickets are responded mostly within 24 hours time, they do an anti-fraud check so you don't have to worry about it & never experienced any serious problems so far.

A real merchant account. CDGCommerce.com is popular on WHT.

2CO should be reserved for international sellers with no other options. Judging by the volume of consistent complaints for as long as this forum's existed, they prey on those with no other way to accept credit cards with high fees, missing money, and unexplained fund holds.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

Thanks everyone..Ok, assuming I sign up for a merchant with CDGCommererce.com, then I need a payment gateway right? or, is that included?

You will need a payment gateway, SSL, and a shopping cart, yes. I would assume CDG resells authorize, but there are other gateways as well. Included, no. Available, yes.

CDGCommerce offers a choice of at least 2 or 3 gateways included with the accounts. One option is Authorizenet.

With SIM you could get away with nothing else, but for people to pay you by credit card on your own site, you do need a shopping cart and SSL cetificate as JKLIVIN said.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

My store sells a broad range of woman’s bath and body products. Presently we do not sell online and I just started researching, it is kind of overwhelming. I live in the Richmond, Va area... Do you think I could save more by using my bank as a merchant account? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Delsol2
    My store sells a broad range of woman’s bath and body products. Presently we do not sell online and I just started researching, it is kind of overwhelming. I live in the Richmond, Va area... Do you think I could save more by using my bank as a merchant account? Any suggestions?

As to using your bank for your merchant account business, that is certainly one option. As max mentioned, you will want to shop around to ascertain where you can get the best rates. There are a lot of options, and as you mentioned it can be overwhelming. One suggestion is to make sure you are conducting business in a secure, PCI-Compliant manner. We are hearing more and more of our customers being told by their banks (and MA providers) that they need to sign up with a Scan Vendor for $xx per month which doesn't really mean that they are conducting business safely. Good luck in your searching.

Another thing is..I don’t intend to sell abroad just yet, but I will in the future. Any suggestions on other merchant account processing systems I should check into? Thanks