cPanel and Parked Domains?

If you park a domain... Hmmm.... I'll try it this way...

If I have:

domain.com and PARK domain.net with it should subdomain.domain.com work as well as subdomain.domain.net without any modifications?

Will then, of course, address@domain.com also function as address@domain.net?

Right now, well I'm testing something, it's not working effectively.

domain.com/folder/ works just fine as:
    domain.net/folder/ as it should...

status.domain.com works just fine, as it should.
    status.domain.net is not found...

I just tested:

email@domain.com works, as it should...
    email@domain.net doesn't work...

I suppose I could bug support but, well, it seems only logical to ask here. I'll give you something in return for answering?

You are using Windows XP and automatic updates is enabled, as it should be, but when you're done with the download and installation (and you don't really have the chance to reboot 'cause you're busy working on something) and it's asking you to reboot over and over and over again then simply stop it and reboot when you're ready. How?

Start
    Run
    Type "net stop wuauserv" without the quotes
    Press Enter or click Okay

Thanks...

KGIII
    What Hosting Should Be
    A Blog as CMS, eBay, PR, and Ads?
    My personal email: KGIII <at> KGIII <dot> INFO
    Microsoft MVP 2003/2006 Categories: Shell/User and Internet Explorer (Gł Solutions)

you need to setup sub domains on a per domain basis as well as forward mail for each e-mail address at each domain.

I want to make sure I get this...

In order to get:

subdomain.domain.net to point to subdomain.domain.com I'd have to go into cPanel and setup a subdomain (for subdomain.domain.net) and then use the forwarding option to send that subdomain to the subdomain.domain.com?

And, without typing it all out, I'd have to do that for each email address? (I'll likely look at making a catch-all address forward just to be sure of getting the emails or enabling a few of them and letting the rest send back die messages.)

Do I have it correct? This follows what I believe I understand and understood but before poking about at stuff (there were some issues even getting the domain to park even though everything was correct so I'm being super cautious at this point to make sure that I follow everything properly and can pin point any problems for diagnostics) for this. It's not like it's a rush or even important at this point but rather it's just a matter of making sure that it works eventually. I'm mostly protecting the domain name and various similar phrases by buying them and parking them...

Here's a fun one...

Call it the bonus round...

If, for instance, I have parked domain.net, domain.com, domain.info, and the original name was domain.be (see where I'm going yet?) and I wanted to use:

ns1.domain.com
    ns2.comain.com

As nameservers that'd be okay yes? They're pointed towards the proper IP address and they validated at the registrar as such but I've not tested them so it's in my best interest to check for insight on that as well...

Wait until you get to bonus round 2... I'll ask now...

If I have server 1 and server 2 and domain.com is on server 2 it's not really a problem to point ns3.domain.com and ns4.domain.com as server 2 and it doesn't break anything does it?

KGIII
    What Hosting Should Be
    A Blog as CMS, eBay, PR, and Ads?
    My personal email: KGIII <at> KGIII <dot> INFO
    Microsoft MVP 2003/2006 Categories: Shell/User and Internet Explorer (Gł Solutions)

Hello,

Please make sure that in order to work the emails and the subdomains for the aliased domain is pointing to that same nameservers as the main domain. Moreover, for the alias mails, there must be the email address created with the same id for the main domain as well.

For ex. if the domain abc.net is aliased to abc.com then in order to receive the mail at test@abc.net there must be test@abc.com created in the main domain.

Thanks,

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 06-02-2006 at 07:40 PM.

I do not like cpanel. It has not worked very well this the website that I developed. I have worked with Cpanel about 20 time and everytime it has disabled something that I have worked on.

If you have root access on the server... You can always modify the httpd.conf to point the domains/sub-domains to the directories you want them to be pointed at.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions