hosted by liquidweb


Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : any idea about this problem ?
Reply

Forum Jump

any idea about this problem ?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription
 
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Hassan Hassan is offline
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 257

any idea about this problem ?


Hello,

Today when my server went down, I first tried to open APC to reboot it but it was not working than I opened a ticket with host requesting reboot and got the reply within 5 minutes saying we are rebooting your server now than after 15 minutes got another reply saying your server should be back online now and when I logged into WHM > Apache Status Page, I found this : Server uptime: 8 days 39 minutes 40 seconds

seems like server was not down or even not rebooted, I think there was some technical problem from their side,

What do you think ?

Best Regards
Hassan



Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-01-2006, 03:01 PM
junglecat junglecat is offline
Aspiring Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 445
What datacenter is your server with? That sounds a lot like what happened to me today with a GNAX server. The server went down, and when I tried to open APC it wasn't working either so I had to put in a ticket.

__________________
►►►Come join us at A Fun FRIENDLY Christian Forum◄◄◄


  #3  
Old 06-01-2006, 03:19 PM
morcego morcego is offline
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan
What do you think ?
I think they rebooted someoneelse's server.

Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 06-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Hassan Hassan is offline
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglecat
What datacenter is your server with? That sounds a lot like what happened to me today with a GNAX server. The server went down, and when I tried to open APC it wasn't working either so I had to put in a ticket.
Well I have server with versaweb and today the same problem happened again....means its the 2nd time the server went down in the 7 days of June and APC is also not working, I have opened a ticket 30 mins ago but no single reply yet....this down time is causing me huge loss......and my site repo is also going down because of this....may be I will move the server to another company if the same will happen again....

  #5  
Old 06-07-2006, 11:40 AM
net net is offline
Community Liaison
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 10,855
You should also ask yourself why the server is always down.

Might be a problem with hardware or software... you need to examine it.

__________________
JoneSolutions.Com + SSS = Your Number One Choice On The Net - since 2001

You are most welcome to email me at sales @ jonesolutions.com .

  #6  
Old 06-07-2006, 12:35 PM
apollo88 apollo88 is offline
Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 30
Yes, maybe is an error of software, that cause this downtime..

  #7  
Old 06-07-2006, 12:56 PM
junglecat junglecat is offline
Aspiring Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by net
You should also ask yourself why the server is always down.

Might be a problem with hardware or software... you need to examine it.
Kinda funny though when the server and APC both go down and then both come back up. Sounds like a problem at the datacenter to me.

__________________
►►►Come join us at A Fun FRIENDLY Christian Forum◄◄◄


  #8  
Old 06-08-2006, 06:47 PM
OCXBIOS OCXBIOS is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 96
yanno i never do this but in this case i have to say that...

you are all over the place at every forum iv come across complaining about versaweb didnt do this and didnt do that..and saying your going to move to a different provide.

well why dont you do that then? instead of hitting every forum out there repeating your self and spaming ( yes i call it spaming) every forum?

also have you even checked your server or had an admin(3rd party) look at your server and optmize it for better perforamce and usage?

now on a side note sometimes versaweb support can take a little while to get a response but at the same time YOU as the server admin can do something about it rather then talking about doing something. talk is cheap actions speak louder then words.


PS>
this isnt a flame nor am i trying to put you down but seriously its not necessary
to bounce forum to forum saying the exact same thing

Thanks
OCXBIOS

  #9  
Old 06-08-2006, 07:02 PM
junglecat junglecat is offline
Aspiring Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 445
OCXBIOS, I assume you are directing your post to Hassan?

__________________
►►►Come join us at A Fun FRIENDLY Christian Forum◄◄◄


  #10  
Old 06-08-2006, 07:08 PM
OCXBIOS OCXBIOS is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglecat
OCXBIOS, I assume you are directing your post to Hassan?

Yes, im sorry i didnt express that .ill edit my post to reflect that

OCXBIOS

  #11  
Old 06-08-2006, 07:10 PM
OCXBIOS OCXBIOS is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCXBIOS
yanno i never do this but in this case i have to say that...

you are all over the place at every forum iv come across complaining about versaweb didnt do this and didnt do that..and saying your going to move to a different provide.

well why dont you do that then? instead of hitting every forum out there repeating your self and spaming ( yes i call it spaming) every forum?

also have you even checked your server or had an admin(3rd party) look at your server and optmize it for better perforamce and usage?

now on a side note sometimes versaweb support can take a little while to get a response but at the same time YOU as the server admin can do something about it rather then talking about doing something. talk is cheap actions speak louder then words.


PS>
this isnt a flame nor am i trying to put you down but seriously its not necessary
to bounce forum to forum saying the exact same thing

Thanks
OCXBIOS

This is directed to Hassan




OCXBIOS

  #12  
Old 06-08-2006, 07:47 PM
junglecat junglecat is offline
Aspiring Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCXBIOS
Yes, im sorry i didnt express that .ill edit my post to reflect that

OCXBIOS
Ok, I wasn't sure, since you posted directly after me. I was wondering if there was another junglecat posting all over at other forums. I knew it wasn't me!

__________________
►►►Come join us at A Fun FRIENDLY Christian Forum◄◄◄


  #13  
Old 06-08-2006, 11:32 PM
yummycheese yummycheese is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6
To give them so credit have you logged into shell and done a uptime. Ive seen in the past where apache will report that it has been up for days even though I know I restarted either the machine or the daemon.

  #14  
Old 06-08-2006, 11:40 PM
alger alger is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 66
If the server and APC weren't accessible, sounds like a switch. And it's true that Hassan loves to post against Versaweb - OCX seems like the biggest advocate. 2 extremes.

OCX- you are one very loyal customer to Rob and versaweb. All hosting companies should be lucky enough to have savvy and loyal customers like you.

-A

  #15  
Old 06-09-2006, 03:29 AM
OCXBIOS OCXBIOS is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by alger
If the server and APC weren't accessible, sounds like a switch. And it's true that Hassan loves to post against Versaweb - OCX seems like the biggest advocate. 2 extremes.

OCX- you are one very loyal customer to Rob and versaweb. All hosting companies should be lucky enough to have savvy and loyal customers like you.

-A
iv been with versaweb for almost 2 years, and while they do need improvements
in certin areas of there business, i see no reason to have to jump ship, while others have there own needs versaweb works out fine for me, iv had very little network down time Rob has done soooooo much for me without askin a dime i just cant see myself leaving over piddly things.

now if they had down time like crazy (network) and NEVER got back to me when i needed them most..i would certainlly move to another provider quicker then you can say the ABC.s backwards!!! lol


but im not here posting for or agasnt versaweb, everyone has there own issues with a company but man cmon if you ask what 2+ 2 equals and you get an anwser
why go to every forum you can think of that is simler to WHT and ask the same question ?..

im tryin to be poliet and professional about it but crying over spilt milk and doing nothing about it is another.


OCXBIOS

Reply

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
How CDNlion Built its Content Delivery Network Web Hosting News 2014-02-13 11:51:07
Jelastic Releases Plugin for Java Development Environment IntelliJ IDEA Web Hosting News 2012-12-05 11:15:46
How To Deliver Products Customers Will Pay For with David Koston - HostingCon 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-18 10:46:16
HostingCon Preview: Q&A with David Koston of Fortuity LLC Web Hosting News 2012-07-10 12:54:20
Web Host Domain.com Targets Startups with "Next Great Idea" at TechCrunch Disrupt Event Web Hosting News 2012-05-18 10:56:15


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Login:
Log in with your username and password
Username:
Password:



Forgot Password?
Advertisement:
Web Hosting News:



 

X

Welcome to WebHostingTalk.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

WebHostingTalk.com is the largest, most influentual web hosting community on the Internet. Join us by filling in the form below.


(4 digit year)

Already a member?